3. Neo

Mom was at the nursery watching Luke with the other women watching their kids, and dad was with the beta watching over the training. I was walking around in the woods. I was bored from sitting around inside all day for the past two weeks. The women finally decided to take and watch their children at the nursery. While I was walking I smelled something familiar. I walked closer to where the smell was coming from, and too late did I realize what I was smelling. I realized I was smelling Markus. I swear he was everywhere.

"What are you doing out here?", someone asked in a teasing tone. It was Markus.

"I could ask you the same thing.", I responded back.

"Hmm. I don't really need to answer you, you're not the alpha yet.", he replied in a teasing tone again.

"You think I don't know that? Are you trying to annoy me to death?", I questioned. For some reason, he got under my skin. I don't even know how he does it.

"As if. By the way, everybody sees you as daddy's little boy.", he spoke in the same teasing tone, and then he smirked. All it took was a smirk to set me off. Next thing I knew, I was running at him with my hands clenched into fists. I was about to hit him when someone plowed into me.

"What will mom and dad think." Luke!? What was he doing here?

"What are you doing here, buddy?" I heard Markus chuckling at me and Luke.

"And shut it you dolt." I may not be Alpha, but for some reason, I was able to make Markus shut up. Too late did I realize that my dad was standing right behind me. I was pulled up by my feet, and my head was almost brushing the ground. I moved my body so I could see who my capture was. Dad. It was always dad. My wolf whimpered at the look our dad was giving us. He didn't like it when one of our family members were upset with us.

"What are you boys doing all the way out here? Do you even know that you aren't in our pack territory right now?" he lowly growled out at us.

"N-no, w-we didn't k-know. S-sorry a-alpha.", Markus stuttered.

"Yeah, sorry dad. Can you please put me down now? I'm starting to get a little light-headed.", I asked dad. Dad nodded his head as he put me down. I looked to see if my ankles were red from the sudden lift. I looked around my soundings after making sure dad didn't leave a mark. The area did look unfamiliar, I guess I was really zoned out. Oh well. I looked over to see Markus slightly shaking. It really shows how much dad can scare someone with a look, even if they are a pack member. It just goes to show how strong he is. But it only becomes scary because he worries for everyone's safety.

"It's okay boys. Just try not to do it again, and let's go home." Luke, Markus, and I nodded our heads in unison and left to go home. I picked Luke up and carried him the rest of the way home. He liked it when I picked him up. Sometimes I would give him a piggyback ride. I looked behind me to see Markus watching at me. I gave him a questioning look. I can't even tell how many times I've seen Markus watching or staring at me. It can kind of be creepy sometimes. When we got back in pack territory dad told me to take Luke home while he made sure Markus made it home in one piece. Oh, won't Markus's parents be surprised to see the alpha show up at their house with their son. I chuckled softly at the thought of it.

♣♣♣♣♣♣ a few years later

"I can't believe Markus purposely got into a fight with me. Well, actually I do believe it. He's constantly doing that, and then I get all the blame.", I ranted to Luke. He was thirteen now and understood what was going on. I also helped teach him how to control his wolf, and to turn into a wolf quickly. I turned sixteen about a month ago. Luke was nodding his head, encouraging me to continue on.

"What did he exactly do?", Luke asked.

"He charged at me for no reason. He was about to break my neck, and I was about to break his arm. But dad and Markus's dad interfered. I guess it was a good thing too, but both the adults thought it was my fault, which it wasn't.", I explained.

"Okay. I don't see what I can do to help with your, uh... issue. But just act as if nothing happened. Forget about it all."

"Okay, whatever you say, Luke." Luke nodded his head then left my room. I can't believe he's already at the age where he can transform into a wolf. It feels like it was just yesterday that he was a three-year-old who wanted help pronouncing chocolate syrup and any other word that troubled him. I will always have good memories of spending time with that kid. I stood in my doorway as I thought about all the stupid fun things we did together, like pranking our parents, playing with fire in the deep parts of the woods, playing catch with knives, pranking the beta and the main doctor, and dancing on a greased platform over a pit of spears. We had a lot of fun times together, although I think pranking the main doctor wasn't a smart idea.

"Honey! Come down for lunch!", mom called after Luke left. Time went by pretty quickly that I didn't notice that it was already time to eat.

"Coming mom!", I called back.

♣♣♣♣♣ two years later

"Hey, sweetie. Time to get up. It's going to be a big day today.", mom said while pulling the covers off my head.

"Let me sleep a little longer.", I mumbled back to her. I wasn't ready to get up. As soon as I left the house, I would have to learn all about being the alpha. The one in charge. As soon as the previous alpha was out of commission, the eldest child would go on to lead. Dad was in his forties and ready to retire. Lucky him, but I was born to be a leader. I guess. Suddenly I felt unprepared, like all the hours studying and watching my dad had never happened, and I was at a loss for what to do. I think my first step to leadership is accepting it and start looking for my mate. I was now able to find a mate and settle, but I don't want to find my mate. At least not yet. I want to get the hang of being an alpha before starting a family.

"Hello, is anyone in there?", mom asked while waving a hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm still here. Just thinking." Mom nodded like this wasn't the first time something like this happened. Of course, when you have a husband and two sons like me, there will be a lot of spacing out. Dad, Luke, and I did a lot of thinking which led to spacing out a lot, and I mean A LOT. I looked up at mom with tired eyes.

"You really do you want to go back to sleep, huh?", mom asked while chuckling. I nodded my head. I was actually thinking about waking up at noon. Mom snapped her fingers underneath my nose to wake me up. I must have fallen asleep on her, confirming her suspicion of me wanting to go back to sleep.

"Huh, what? What did I miss? Oh, your still here. I must have dozed off. Oh well, sorry, mom." I yawned. Mom shook her head at me. I was also trying to chase her out of my room by being my typical sleepy self. Mom always ends up falling asleep when she's watching others sleep. Our family was weird I suppose.

"I'll let you sleep for two more hours, only two though." I nodded my head, asking mom to leave my room as I slowly fell back asleep.