12. Neo

"Oh, Markus! You're still here?" Mom walked into the kitchen surprised. I wouldn't blame her though

"Hello Luna."

"Hi mom, dinner is almost done." I tell her while pulling out plates and silverware.

"Okay, the rest of us will be in the dining room then. Are you staying for dinner Markus?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Oh, just call me Jessica sweetie"

"Okay Jessica" My heart did a little flip when Markus gave my mom a sweet smile. Gosh, I'm falling for him a little too quickly.

  Mine too. I want him to have my puppies so they can have his smile too. Nick suddenly spoke up.

  All you think about is knocking up our mate.

  Noooooo. Of course not. I think about marrying him too. My wolf said a little sassily.

  Uh huh, yeah sure.

  I think about marriage and then knocking him up.

  Whatever makes you happy, I guess. I said a little exasperated. I went back to focusing on the conversation with my mom and mate after responding to my wolf. The conversation apparently wrapped up while I was talking to my wolf because I watched as my mom walked out of the kitchen. Markus then turned towards me after she had left the room.

"Do you want help carrying anything?" Markus asked me.

"Yes please. We need to take the dishware and food to the dining room." With Markus's help, it didn't take long to get everything to the dining room. We all sat down and ate in a comfortable silence. Mom and dad were sitting at the two ends of the table across from each other. Markus was sitting next to me, and Luke was across from me. I could however feel my family's curious gazes on me and Markus throughout our meal.

"There's something I would like to tell you guys" I said just as everyone was finishing up. Everybody looked up at me and gave me their undivided attention. I cleared my throat and looked at Markus really quick before speaking.

"Uh, there's a... um. A deeper reason to Markus being here." I closed my eyes and took a deep nervous breath before continuing. "Markus is my mate and will be staying with us from now on."

"Oh honey, that's great news." My mom spoke first.

"Congratulations son." Dad spoke. Luke just nodded, smiling at us and nodded his approval.

"Thanks guys" I nodded my head to them before getting up to start taking dishes to the kitchen. Markus helped me out with no questions asked. After thirty minutes we both got all the dishes done.

"Dinner was nice tonight," Markus said.

"Sure was, thank you for helping"

"My pleasure" We both chuckled at his answer.

"We'll we could go to bed or watch a movie together" I suggested after a few minutes of silence.

"A movie sounds nice"

"Anything in particular?" Markus shook his head as I led him to the living room. After debating on what to watch I ended up deciding on a random comedy. We were both dying laughing by the time it was over. Somehow Markus ended up on the floor clutching his stomach and I was banging my fist on the couch. It took us another ten minutes after the movie was over to calm down. We both looked at each other for a while before deciding to head to bed.

"Tonight, was a lot of fun. Thank you." Markus spoke once we got upstairs. We were standing in front of our bedroom doors. My parents and brother went to their rooms immediately after dinner.

"It sure was. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight"

"Night" I gave Markus a little wave before entering my room. I let out a little sigh after closing my door. I leaned against my door and tilted my head up. It was a little weird with Markus being nice but also kind of nice. I might actually enjoy being his mate. Alright, time to go to bed.