4. Markus

Having a little sibling sucked. Jake may be ten now, but I didn't like him at all. We're only six years apart, and not as close to each other as the Alpha's two sons. Sometimes I would be walking around arguing with Jake, and I would catch Neo and Luke laughing and having fun. I had also finally realized why I liked watching Neo so much. I may or may not have a little crush on him. he just looked so gorgeous to me. So I may or may not start fights with him, because I like to see him mad. Which I was I started a fight one day.

I caught Neo walking in the woods by himself. Hmm, and no brother around to stop us. I watched Neo for a few minutes before walking over to him.

"Hey Neo. What have you been up to lately?", I asked him cheekily. I saw him give me a bored expression like I was a waste of his time. It was enough to make me pout a little at him, acting a little hurt from his expression.

"What do you want Markus? Can't you see that I'm trying to have a peaceful stroll in the woods?" He sighed at the end of his sentence and looked around the woods. He definitely looked bored and kind of tired. This truly will be fun. Hehe.

"I'm waiting for an answer, Markus.", Neo said, bringing me out of my trance.

"Oh, nothing. Just thought about having a little conversation with you.", I told him, shaking my head to completely get out of the trance I put myself into.

"You just want a conversation." I nodded my head.

"Can't a conversation wait. I don't really feel like being social right now. I just want to be left alone, which is why I'm by myself in the woods." Neo said. He looked so done with life right now. I was kind of slightly taken back. I pouted at him with pleading eyes. Neo just sighed loudly and rolled his head.

"No, it can't wait. You're just going to lock yourself back in your house doing who knows what. You're never around to socialize."

"I'm sorry that I've been busy. Why do you even want to talk to me anyway?"

"Because I want to and I can." Neo just growled lowly at my response. I looked at him as he rolled his head around and shacking it. Does he really not want to talk to me that bad. Does he have a problem with me or something? Neo looked over at me with unhappiness shinning in his eyes. He turned around to start walking away, but I will not let him leave. I clenched my hands and jaw.

I charged at him, knocking him off his feet and he brought me down with him. We rolled across the ground and, stopped with him on top of me. He growled and slashed his claws across my chest. I felt blood ooze out of the cut before I felt it slowly heal. I growled back while pushing him off me. I got up off the ground after him and we circled each other, waiting to see who would attack first. We both charged at the same time and Neo pinned me down on the ground, again! I kicked him off me, and we rolled to our feet. This time I was able to attack his neck. But before I could break his neck, my dad and the alpha intervened.

"What do you think you two are doing!? Let go of Neo's neck right this instant mister!", Dad yelled. I let go of Neo's neck, as Neo let go of my arm. The alpha was glowering at Neo, and dad was doing the same to me.

"You could have killed him, and he is going to be the future alpha. I don't think his little brother would be able to handle the pressure of being alpha, so try to not kill Neo." Dad had a stern expression. I silently cowered on the inside.

"No, why do you always get into fights with Markus?", the alpha asked his son.

"I don't do anything. He just attacks me. Today I was just walking in the woods and Markus decided to attack me out of the blue for no reason.", Neo explained to his dad. The alpha nodded his head. It looked like he didn't really believe his son, but there was belief as well. I looked at my dad seeing him looking at Neo like he was at fault in some way. It looked like both the adults believed he was at fault. It must suck to be him right now. I feel bad that he's in trouble now.

"Come on, Markus lets go home.", dad called to me.

"Okay. Bye alpha. Sorry about the fighting. I promise not to fight with him anymore.", I told the alpha.

"Sorry dad, I promise as well to not get into any more fights with Markus.", Neo said as well to the alpha. I watched as the alpha and Neo walked to the packhouse, I walked with dad to our house. Maybe hoping that I won't get grounded for getting into another fight with the alpha's son.

♣♣♣♣♣ Two years later

I watched Neo walking around the pack lands. I noticed that he got his hair cut. It wasn't as long as it was when we were kids. Today he was turning eighteen, and eventually, he will become the alpha. Yikes! I can't believe the time has gone by that fast. I also couldn't help but wonder if he was looking for his mate, or just learning how to lead. I looked around for alpha Lake and found him walking next to Neo. So Neo was just learning how to lead. In two weeks I can start looking for my mate unless they find me first.

Suddenly there was a commotion and Neo could be seen running into the woods. Hmm, I wonder what happened that Neo was running away like that. I could go see what happened, but I was too lazy to get up and go look for myself, so I'm just going to stay here. I went back to drinking a fruit smoothie I had when the commotion happened.

Two weeks have passed and I can now look for my mate since I was turning eighteen today. I think I'll just take a stroll around the pack, then walk around in the woods. Which speaking of people, or werewolves I could say, I haven't seen Neo in two weeks. Not since he ran into the forest. Maybe I could take a detour to the packhouse, just to see how he is.

I was about a mile away from the packhouse when I smelled something sweet. Something smelled like strawberries and oranges. I sniffed the air again and noticed that the smell was coming from the packhouse. I decided to inspect the smell to pinpoint exactly where in the packhouse it was coming from. The packed house held the alpha's family, the main doctor's family, the beta's family, and the elders. At least that's what I learned about the packhouse unless that was back before the war between two of the neighboring packs. I don't exactly remember.

I walked closer to the packhouse and climbed up the tree. I followed the scent to an open window and peeked into a room. The room was organized and had plain white walls. There were no posters, but there were a few pictures here and there. A bathroom was connected to the room, there was a walk-in closet, neatly made bed, and a nightstand with a clock on top sitting next to the bed.

I heard a door open and Neo walked in. That was when I realized this was Neo's room. And the really nice scent was coming from him. Wow, my crush was my mate. And yes, I do still have a crush on Neo, even though I almost broke his neck two years ago. I actually kind of felt giddy knowing that Neo was my mate.