1. Neo

I woke up to the bright sun. I moaned in my sleep as I turned to my clock. It said that it was ten in the morning.

"Well, I better get up before mom and dad come in.", I said to myself.

You bet, don't need them getting mad early in the morning. That would be a yikes. My wolf Nick said. I also felt a shiver run down my spine thinking about them possibly getting mad. I reluctantly crawled out of my warm bed, and got dressed. I could tell Nick wanted to go back to bed, just as much as I did, but he didn't want to risk getting yelled at by mom and dad. I walked down stairs to the kitchen, and smelled pancakes. My little brother, Luke, was sitting on the couch in the living room with my dad.

"Don't you have alphaing to do daddy?", I asked my dad. I heard my wolf snicker at my use of wording. I hushed him up real quick though. I had no idea what word would be used for the work my dad did. But I did know that he was the alpha, so I just called it alphaing. Of course, it would be better if my wolf helped a little, but you can only expect so little of him.

Hey, not fair.

Life's not fair Nick, and you know that.

That I do, that I do.

"I have some time for breakfast, buddy. Besides the rest of the pack is asleep.", my dad replied.

"Breakfast is ready boys!", mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Okay, thanks, honey. C'mon kids, lets get food into those stomachs of yours.", dad replied, making Luke and I laugh. Dad would sometimes make jokes, and other times talk seriously. Luke was three and I'm currently six. Luke had dad's bright blue eyes and blonde hair, but he had mom's kind smile. I found out that we weren't normal human beings last year. I was watching my parents one night, and I saw them transform into wolves. That was when I found out we were werewolves, and the first time that Nick spoke to me. It now made sense. All the kids would talk about turning into wolves when they got older. Now I understand what they were talking about. I also found out that my dad was the alpha of our pack. Soon I will be able to turn into a wolf like my parents. I couldn't wait, not to mention that I'm future Alpha. Yay! I would sometimes watch my dad work just to learn how to be Alpha. You can never be too young to start learning. Besides, it would be best if I started to get information about how to lead. There's another thing I know. My family has lived here for years. There is no way that we have lived on any other land. Hopefully.

"Can you pass the hoclate serup, pwease?", Luke asked me. Since he was only three, he couldn't talk very well. But he tries his best, and he's improving quite a bit.

"Sure buddy. Do you want me to help you pronounce the words?", I asked him while helping him with the syrup.

"Yes pwease, and thank you."

"Okay. Repeat after me. Choc-o-late syr-up."

"Choc-o-late syr-up. Chocolate syrup, chocolate syrup, chocolate syrup. Did I get it?" I chuckled at my little brother's words and actions. He could be funny and really innocent at times. But of course, it would be best if he was innocent. He's so adorable, and I love him very much. Just as much as I love my parents. There's no place I'd rather be than with my family.

"Yeah, you did. I'm so proud of you little buddy." I watched Luke giggle to himself. I looked up at mom and dad. I see them smiling at me and Luke.

"What? Is it not okay for me to help my brother pronounce his words?", I questioned them.

"No, it's fine that you want to help your brother. Your mom and I just think it's sweet that you want to help him.", dad responded. I nodded my head in understanding while stuffing my mouth with pancakes.

"Looks like I better get going. The pack should be lively by now.", dad told us while looking at the clock.

"They've been active, honey. You just haven't been paying attention. They're all up at the crack of dawn. By the way, the beta needs help getting the young ones into the nursery. Don't forget to take our boys with you.", mom told dad. Dad may be the alpha, but when in the face of his wife, he listens to what ever she says. Maybe even cower depending on her mood.

"Yes, sweetie. Come on boys, lets go."

"Okay, Dad.", Luke and I replied at the same time. I walked over to the ladder with Luke. I helped him get onto the ladder, and waited for him to get off before climbing down as well. We waited for dad to come down before walking to a building that held the pack nursery and pack hospital. It's not in the trees so it will be easier for the really younger ones to get in. On the way, we bumped into Beta Kai.

"Hello, Luke and Neo. Hello Alpha."

"Hi Beta.", dad replied.

"Hello, Beta Kai.", Luke and I responded.

"Did Jessica send you, Alpha?"

"Yep. Said you needed help?"

"Yeah. The women don't want to take the kids down to the nursery, and asked if I could do it for them. The men are are either training, serching the battle area, or hunting." When I hear anybody say 'battle area' I think that they are searching the perimeter, because I remember us being in this land for centuries. I don't think my parents or great great great grandparents has lived in any other land. At least I've been told countless times we have forever lived on this land.

Right, Nick?

Hmm?

We have lived on this land for years, right?

Right, right. We've always been here, never lived anywhere else. He told me, but somehow I don't feel so sure. It just feels like I'm being lied to.

"Okay. Come on, lets go from treehouse to treehouse and get the kids. Boys I trust that you can go to the nursery by yourselves?" dad spoke up making me look up at him.

"Yes, dad. I'll make sure Luke and I make it in one piece." I felt like I told him this a tiny bit sarcasticlly without trying to. But even if I did, dad didn't let on that he heard anything of the sort. I watched dad and beta Kai split up and walk to different treehouses. I took Luke by the hand, and led him to the nursery.

In two hours, the beta and dad came back with all the children of the village. The babies would of course be carried by the older kids. While I was waiting for dad, I decided to read while Luke played. I looked up from the reading when I heard a ruckus going on. Of course them. I watched Markus and his crew. They were standing across the room laughing at me. Nick sneered at the sight of them. Markus had brown shaggy hair, dark brown eyes, a small nose, and a small round face. He also had freckles on his face. His brown eyes held mischiev, and a never ending fire of hate. He was wearing a black t-shirt with black leather pants, a black leather jacket, and a pair of blue sneakers. I rolled my eyes at them. They should act as role models for the youngsters. I searched the room for Luke, and found him playing with a few of his friends. I looked back at Markus to see him talking with his group. At least he stopped laughing at me. I finally decided to go get some fresh air. Fortunatley, I was sitting next to the exit. So I exited the building quietly. I stayed close to the building as I walked around.