14. Neo

"Would you like to sleep in the same bed as me tonight?" I asked Markus once we got back to our home. Our home. That sure sounded nice inside my head. Tonight, went so well and I really don't want to part from him. I just want to hold him close as a fall asleep.

  "I'd love too." Markus responded enthusiastically, cutting me out of my thoughts. I smiled down at him before climbing up the ladder to get inside.

  "Is there anything you need to grab from your room real quick?"

  "Just my pajamas." Markus then went into his room to change. It wasn't long before he came back out. I grabbed his hand and pulled him across the hallway to my room. I let go of his hand and walked over to my dresser. I pulled out my clothes and changed quickly. I crawled into bed then patted the space next to me. Markus didn't waste any time to come over and crawl into my awaiting arms.

  "Thank you again for tonight" I told him after we both got comfy in bed.

  "Thank you for being my mate," he giggled.

  "Goodnight" I kissed the top of his head, I took a deep breath of his lovely scent.

  "Night" he beamed at me, and soon we both caved into the darkness called slumber.

  In the morning, I went to roll over but felt slight resistance against my chest. What the, what's on top of me? When I opened my eyes I was greeted with a mop of brown hair. Oh, that's rightI. I had asked Markus if he wanted to sleep in the same room last night. He was all for it of course. Gosh, it was such a shock finding out that he's liked me all these years. It sure never seemed like it though.

  I looked back down at said wolf. He looked so peaceful when sleeping. A little delicate looking too. I continued to study his peaceful sleeping face. He had a little puffiness to his cheeks and his freckles made him look even more adorable than he already was. I just want to squish his cheeks. He looks so cute. His nose also looked small and adorable. I let my eyes travel down to his lips. Soft breaths of air were leaving from his slightly parted mouth.

  He looks so kissable right now. Nick spoke up.

  He sure does. I responded in a daze.

  You gonna kiss him?

  Yeah. I then slowly lowered my head down to his, pressing my mouth against his softly. I closed my eyes and held back a blissful groan. His lips were delicate and soft to the touch, Definitely a new addiction of mine. I would never get tired of this feeling. I opened my eyes and pulled away. I brought my hand up to caress his face. Markus let out a small sigh and snuggled into my palm. A few minutes later he woke up with a yawn and started rubbing his eyes.

  He's so cute! We have such an adorable mate. Nick gushed. Markus opened his eyes and gave me a breathtaking smile.

  He really is. I told my wolf.

  "Good morning sleepy head." I greeted Markus.

  "Morning" Markus yawned then snuggled closer into my chest. "Did you kiss me?"

  "Last night?"

  "No, a few minutes ago."

  "Where?" He huffed slightly annoyed. I enjoyed teasing him, it was mildly amusing.

  "On the lips."

  "Oh... hmm? Did I? Possibly" I pretended to think about it while watching his facial expressions. He was getting a little more annoyed as the seconds passed by.

  "Yeah, I guess I did kiss you." I finally relented.

  "Could you do it again? Now that I'm awake." He asked. Which he looked so adorable when he asked.

  "I don't know, maybe." I responded, stretching out the "maybe".

  "Pleaseeeee" he pouted. I smiled down at him and gave in to his wishes. I slowly lowered my head down to his again. He closed his eyes in wait. When I finally met his lips he let out a soft moan. I pressed a little closer to him. I moved my body over top of him as I deepened the kiss. Markus wrapped his arms around my neck, almost immediately, pulling me even closer if possible. I pulled away a little bit later so we could breathe.

  "We should probably head down for breakfast." I told Markus.

  "Maybe, but I enjoy kissing you more."

  "And why's that?"

  "You taste just like you smell"

  "And pray tell, what do I taste like?"

  "Strawberries and oranges" he giggled. We should really go down to eat but now I wanna kiss him some more after that answer.

  Just kiss our mate, Neo. He's basically begging for it. Nick tried persuading me. Though he didn't really need to try. I stole a few more kisses from Markus before finally crawling off of him. Said wolf sighed in contentment and stretched before getting even more comfy in the bed. Watching him made me want to crawl back into bed next to him. Though as much as I want to lay in bed with him all day, I do want to put some food in my belly. I sent Markus over to his room so that he could get dressed after I managed to get him out of bed.

  I'm thinking about having him move into my room completely. Last night was really nice and I don't think I'd be able to sleep separately from him. He fit so nicely in my arms. I will admit, I had us sleep separately at first because I didn't want to have sex with him out of instinct. Nick definitely would have taken over to mate with Markus on the first night of him sleeping in our house.

  Damn right I would. I still want to. Said wolf cuts in.

  I know, and that's what worries me.

  I'll keep my own paws to myself until you're ready Neo. Nick says sassily.

  It would be appreciated. I responded. After our conversation I quickly changed clothes before leaving my room. I meet Markus in the hallway. I grab ahold of his hand before heading downstairs with him for breakfast. Once downstairs I discovered that dad made eggs and pancakes. Home-made pancakes to be exact. Yummy. I got two plates of yummy goodness. One plate is for me, and the other for Markus. I hand Markus his plateful of food and lead him to the dining room to eat.

  "So what are your plans for today? Are you going to be studying again?" Markus asks, starting the conversation.

  "No, I'm going to be helping you pack your stuff." I responded while eating. Big mistake to not continue speaking immediately after my response though.

  "What?!" Markus shrieked. "You're kicking me out? I thought we were making progress." Shit. He looked like he was about to burst into tears. I need to explain quickly.

  "Markus no, I'm not kicking you out." I said quickly. I grabbed ahold of one of his hands and caressed his cheek while looking him deep in the eyes. "We're just moving you into my room."

  "You should have said so in the first place." He sniffed.

  "I'm sorry Markus. I have a bad way with words and sometimes rougher actions." I pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms around him tightly. He just sniffled and leaned into my touch. I rubbed his back gently to calm him down. I didn't mean to upset my mate. Gosh, I really need to work on my phrasing.

  "C'mon. Let's finish eating so that we can get you all moved into my room." I coaxed him. Markus then pulled away and we continued eating breakfast in silence.