6. Markus

Walking in the woods was just what I needed to clear my mind from and think about my mate. I still can't believe my mate was Neo. I was also wondering why he didn't come to me two weeks ago. He was only two weeks older than me and should have known that I was his mate. Then I started to wonder if I was the reason why he fled to the woods. I probably am. I couldn't blame him for wanting to run away if I was your mate. Although I don't think I'm that bad, am I. All well. But of course why run away when you found your mate. I thought it was supposed to be the best day of your life. Maybe I'll ask Neo the next time I see him.

I was only surprised that Neo is my mate. I knew that males could have males as mates. In fact, I know someone who is a male and has a mate that is male. One of my friends who was a male had a male mate. I've met his mate before and I have to say that he was pretty nice.

Suddenly there was a rustling noise. I looked around my surroundings, trying to pinpoint where the noise was coming from. I heard and found the noise coming from the bushes. I immediately thought that it was Jake trying to scare me. He's been trying to scare me a lot lately. I could also smell him hiding in the bushes.

"Come on out, Jake. I know you're there.", I called out to him. I watched Jawalkoutout from the bushes looking defeated.

"How did you know it was me?", he asked, looking glum.

"Well, for one, I'm a werewolf, I can smell you. And two, you keep on trying to scare me." Jake moved his mouth in an 'oh' position, then his expression changed to curiosity. Oh no, I thought. What could he be thinking?

Probably a lot of things. Like why you're walking in the woods. Matt told.

It was a rhetorical question. I told him.

"So why are you walking in the woods? You only walk in the woods when something is bugging you. So, what's bugging you?", he asked. Normal Jake, he just has to be nosy, but I'll tell him anyways.

I told you. Matt said laughing to himself.

Shut up.

"It's nothing really. I... just... um... found my mate."

"And that's a bad thing?", Jake asked confused.

"No. It's just that they turned eighteen two weeks before me, and they didn't even come to look for me.", I explained to him. He nodded his head in understanding. Even though we were six years apart, we got along okay now. We did used to fight with each other a lot in the past. We've grown closer to each other, but we're not as close as alpha Lake's two sons, Luke and Neo. Neo, ever since I found out he's my mate, which was this morning, just the thought of him made my heart beat faster. Neo is also the reason why I'm walking in the woods confused and frustrated.

"Hello. Earth to Markus, Earth to Markus. Are you still alive?", Jake said while waving his hand in front of my face.

"Yeah, I'm alive. I was just thinking.", I replied while pushing his hand away from my face.

"What 'cha thinking about? Is it your mate?", Jake moved his eyebrows up and down. I felt my face flush slightly.

"You are thinking about your mate!", he exclaimed making me blush even deeper.

"Is it a male or female? And what are they like?" Jake gasped before asking, "What's their name?" I scrunched my face up when he called my mate an 'it' instead of saying 'mate'.

"My mate is not an it and their gender is male. We used to fight a lot instead of talk so, I don't know what they are actually like. My mate is alpha Lake's eldest son, Neo.", I replied in a matter-of-fact tone. Jake stared at me for a few minutes before busting out laughing.

"I'm so sorry, but you... your... your mate is..." Jake gasped for breath before continuing. "Again I'm sorry. But your mate is alpha Lake's son, Neo? You have to be joking. There is no way Neo could be your mate."

"Well I'm not joking, and he is."

"Prove it. I feel like you're just trying to get attention."

"I'll prove it the next time I see him. I can't do it right now because he is home in his room. I don't feel like intruding on him." Jake nodded his head like 'mhm, yeah sure. Whatever you have to tell yourself', and walked away. I sighed to myself. If Neo didn't show himself for two weeks, I don't think I'll be seeing him for a while.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

I went to my locker to get everything to go home when I realized I still had one more class to go to. Math. I put everything back and closed the locker. I went into math class remembering that I am completely unprepared. I had left my computer, notebooks, pencils, and calculator in my locker. But when I went into the classroom, I started to feel like something was going to go wrong. And I was right.

The classroom started to fill with water, and I was at the center of the room with two others. The math teacher, Mr. Street, was standing on his desk laughing at the three of us kids. I watched as a pirate ship appeared out of now where, and the floor looked like it sunk down in the ground at about 16 feet. Luckily the two students I was with and I could stay afloat. Of course, there's always that one problem. One of the student, who was a girl and her name was Velma, got her foot stuck in the ship. The other student, who was also a girl, tried to help get her foot unstuck. I dived under the water to help and I was able to set Velma free. We all swam to another classroom. Thankfully this teacher was nicer than Mr. Street.

"Quick! Get behind this fence!", he said urgently. The three of us students moved behind the fence type thing he was pointing to.

"Come out little kids.", Mr. Street cooed. "I said to fucking come out! Now!" But he yelled the last sentence, and I watched the girls cower even closer to the fence. I put my arm out to them, trying to comfort them. It seemed to have worked, for they had calmed down a little bit but fear was still clear in their eyes.

I looked up when I heard crashing, and the other teacher telling Mr. Street that we had left. I watched balls of flame go back and forth from Mr. Street's room and the room we are in now.

Suddenly I found myself in a dinning room with comfortable seats. There just so happened to be a pillow and blanket too. I slouched down in my seat and slowly fell asleep. But as soon as I closed my eyes, I woke up. I felt like I was waiting for someone. I looked around the room and saw two girls coming my way. They were some of my friends. I sat straight just to see them turning around to sit with another group of people. Beep, Beep. Beep, Beep.

I bolted up in bed looking around wildly. My eyes looked down at my alarm clock. Phew, it was just a dream. Thinking about, I didn't go to school and how did I know all those people. Especially a teacher by the name of Mr. Street. Boy, that was a strange dream. It was the strangest dream by far. I've been having strange dreams for the past three months, and that's how long it's been since I've seen Neo. I've also been feeling sick and werewolves don't get sick. I feel like it has something to do with Neo. My parents don't know I've found my mate, and they think I'm still 'mate less'. I think I better go get breakfast before my family barges in my room. Maybe after breakfast, I could go over to the pack house to see Neo. Yeah, I think I'll do that.