19. Markus

It has been one month since my parents passed. Neo has been a very doting mate and has helped me out as much as possible. He's been so sweet though I feel it's a little overbearing. We have been on three dates this past month. I also got to watch him doing some Alpha duties. He's apparently deciding to take over the Alpha position very soon, despite saying he wanted to wait until after mating. Speaking of which, Neo was currently with his dad learning some other responsibilities. I was with my brother. We were watching a random movie together.

Jake took the passing of our parents a lot harder than I did. Though I did have a mate to help me look at the bright side. Jake did find himself alone quite a bit while Neo had stuck to me like glue. However, Neo's family did their absolute best to be there for my brother. I had also tried to help Jake out. It didn't help that he woke up at insanely early hours.

"When do you think Luke is coming back?" Jake spoke up.

"I don't know. He's with his brother and dad, right?"

"Yeah"

"Then probably in another hour or two. Why? You getting tired of me already?" I asked tickling him.

"No, I just want to hang out with someone closer to my age." He spit out through laughter.

"Yeah right. You're just tired of your big brother Markus. He's just such a stick in the mud ain't he?" I feigned hurt while clasping my hands over my heart.

"No you're not. I do enjoy hanging out with you. You're my brother. I love you. I just want to hang out with someone who isn't family every once in a while." Jake had grabbed ahold of my hands and looked me in the eyes. He gave me his most sincere look. I smiled softly at him and pulled him into a hug.

"I love you too buddy. Let's watch another movie."

"Okay" We cuddled together again while watching yet another cringy movie.

"We're home!" Came the voice of my mate came two hours later.

"Welcome back" Jake and I responded from our spots in the living room. The male trio entered the living room. Jake immediately went over to Luke striking up conversation. Neo came over to me and pulled me into a hug. Alpha Lake just watched us from the living room entrance.

"Did you have fun?" I asked Neo once he let me go.

"Kind of. We went and talked to almost all the pack members individually. I didn't realize how big our pack was until today."

"A lot of people to talk to?"

"Too many. I have no idea how dad keeps them all straight." I chuckled at his response.

"I guess it's something you'll have to learn." Neo just let out a sigh of exhaustion.

"No more about the pack. I'd like to chill with my mate in peace now. Would that be possible?"

"I don't know. Is there any more Alpha work you need to do?" I'm just teasing him at this point. It was nice seeing Neo addicted to me for once. It's like he would die without being in my presence with the way he's acting.

"My dad said I'm free for the rest of the day." Neo rescinded.

"Then yes, we can chill now." Neo didn't waste any time picking me up and heading to our room. His eagerness for spending time alone with me pulled a chuckle from my mouth. He was like an eager child.

Once we got back to our room, Neo pulled me into a deep kiss. It was simply breathtaking and left me weak in the knees.

"What was that for?" I asked once we pulled apart.

"What? Am I not allowed to kiss my mate?" He asked in response. Really, answering a question with another question.

"No, you can. It's just you haven't kissed me like that for a while."

"Hmm. Well, I kissed you like that because I felt like it." He then gave me a peck on the lips. "Did you not like it?" Neo then started to look unsure of himself.

"No, I loved it. Wish you would do it more often." He then gave me a mischievous smile before pushing me down on the bed.

"I'll start now then" Neo then crashed our lips together in a fiery kiss. He licked my lips eliciting a moan from me as I opened up for him. His tongue then intertwined with mine. Neo tilted his head slightly to deepen the kiss even further. His sinful mouth was causing me to melt into the bed.

Neo then pulled away to allow us to breathe. After pulling away he nuzzled his head into my neck pulling me into a hug. He then proceeded to teasingly nip at my collarbone. The feel of his teeth scraping my collarbone caused my breath to hitch.

"I want to complete the mating bond soon, if that's okay with you?" Neo spoke up after spending a few minutes teasing my neck.

"I'd love to. We could even do it now." I responded enthusiastically.

"I want to take you on a lovely date first. Then take you to bed."

"You want to be romantic." I gave him a pointed look.

"Well yes. I want it to be memorable."

"It'll already be memorable since it will be our first time."

"Yes, but I want it to be as spectacular as possible."

"You're such a dork."

"But I'm your dork." I then pulled him down into a passionate kiss. Neo was so sweet. I loved how he wanted to be considerate too. We then pulled away and repositioned ourselves. Neo was sitting up against the wall with me pulled up against his chest. Neo turned the t.v. on and played some random show. He seemed to relax and unwind completely while cuddling me.