2. Markus

I woke, up as usual, to my parents arguing. With every fight they get into, you'd think they weren't made for each other. All the other couples I see are happy with each other and don't get into fights. So why is it only with my parents?

  I finally crawled out bed when I thought it would be safe to go to the kitchen. I looked at the clock as I was getting dressed. It said it was 6 o'clock. The usual time to wake up to yelling. On the bright side, I'm an only child. So I was free and didn't have to help out with little kids.

  "Good morning, Markus. Did you have a good night's sleep?"

  "Same as always, mom. How 'bout you and dad?"

  "Same as always, too.", dad replied tiredly. "You've got a few hours of free time before you have to go to the nursery." I nodded my head as I walked back to my room. I usually don't eat breakfast. I put my wristwatch on and crawled out the window that was in my room. I slowly climbed down the tree until I was four feet off the ground. I jumped down and decided to walk around the perimeter. I won't get in trouble for crawling out my bedroom window as long as I'm back in my room before ten. I wanted to get some cool morning air before having to be locked up in a hot nursery. Mom told me that the women wouldn't be at the nursery today. So they needed the older kids to watch the young ones. I felt like the women were being selfish, but I understood that they needed a break from watching all the kids.

  I looked down at my watch to see it was 9 o'clock. Better head back. I was walking back, and I heard the sound of screaming. Where did that come from? I think I need to get my ears checked. I watched the hunting group go deeper into the woods to get diner for the entire pack. The searchers went around the perimeter checking for enemies, or anything of the like. I reached home in thirty minutes tops. I climbed up the tree and crawled through the window in time to hear my mom calling me.

  "I have a question to ask you, baby.", mom told me when I went into the living room. I stuck my tongue out at her because I don't like it when she calls me baby. I mean I'm six now, I ain't a newborn anymore. But I nodded my head for mom to continue on.

  "How would you like to have a younger sibling?" I stared at her in shock. She shouldn't have to ask. She should already know that I do not, and I repeat, do not want a little sibling. I like being an only child.

  "Do you really have to ask?"

  "Yes. I know how you are with liking being an only child. I thought I would ask you to see if you changed your mind. And you have no choice, even if you have changed your mind." Now I know whats going on: my parents are going to have another child, great. There goes my freedom of being an only child.

  It won't be that bad Markus. My wolf told me.

  Please, Matt, and lose all my freedom. I'm happy being an only child. I don't have to worry about looking after anybody, since I"m the firstborn, and I can do whatever I want whenever I want.

  I guess you have a point, but it would be nice to have someone to play with when we're stuck at home.

  Yeah, I guess.

  Suddenly there was a knock. I looked at the living room clock: 10:30. It looks like its time to go. I walked over to the proper exit for the treehouse. I looked down and saw...

  "Alpha!? What are you doing here?", I asked alpha Lake. He had blonde hair that was close to white. He had bright blue eyes that had a sparkle too them. Alpha Lake was also well built. Then again he was alpha, so it would make sense.

  "I'm helping gather up all the kids, come on. We still have a few more houses to get to on the way to the nursery. Are you ready?"

  "Yeah. I'm going to come down now." As I was climbing down from the treehouse, I was sort of hoping and sort of not hoping that the Alpha's son was going to be with them. I mean, I have nothing against Neo, he can be very mature sometimes. We just kind of get in fights sometimes. I don't really know why, and I don't think he does either, it's just something that happens. Almost like we're asserting dominance over each other. But back to the present, I jump off the ladder once there are only two feet left to go. I quickly look around and to my relief and disappointment, Neo is nowhere to be seen.

  We got to the nursery after two hours of getting the other kids. How many people are even in our pack that it would take two hours to get all the kids? I mean wow. I walked into the nursery after everybody and smelled Neo. I looked around for my friends before looking for Neo, so I could hopefully avoid a potential fight. I saw my friends standing in a corner talking.

  "Hey, guys.", I greeted.

  "Hello Markus.", they all replied in unison. We talked for a while before looking for something else to do. Soon I found Neo sitting with his nose in a book. He had his mom's rich curly brown hair and his dad's bright blue eyes. Neo's hair went down to his chin. He had a long narrow face with a small nose. He was wearing a thin midnight black jacket, and dark black pants, like 11 o'clock night dark.

  Suddenly I heard snickering. Then I realized my friends were laughing at Neo reading, instead of helping watch the kids. It's actually nice watching him read. I wonder what he's reading, I thought to my self.

  Probably something about our pack's history. At least that's what looks like from here. My wolf informed me.

   I nodded mt head to myself as I watched Neo look up from his book. He looked at my friends and I, then he searched the crowd. He stopped searching when he found something, or more like someone. I followed his line of gaze to see him watching his little brother, Luke, play with his little buddies. I turned around to see my friends talking with each other. I felt Neo's gaze on us, but I shrugged it off. When I turned back around a few minutes later to see if Neo was still reading, so I could watch him some more, he was gone. Where in the world did he run off to? 

  Its been two weeks and the women finally decided to go back to watching the kids. So now I can go back to being under the sun! I decided to take a walk through the forest since I wanted to be in nature. It isn't bad to want to take a hike now and then unless you end up finding someone you didn't want to see. I was just walking along when I suddenly smelled Neo. He smelled of a mixture of flowers and trees. It was a decent smell. I mean, he could smell like old dried up yogurt and cat pee. Thought of that smell just sends shivers up my spine, and not the good kind of shivers either. I could smell that Neo was getting closer and closer. Maybe I could stay here and talk to him for a little bit, and hope that we don't fight again.