Wednesday's Child Is Full Of Woe 1.3

Principle Weems opened the door to their new room and as soon as Y/n and Wednesday walked in, Y/n felt uncomfortable.

"It's so... vivid.", Gomez tried to find the right words.

"for fuck's sake.", Y/n whispered. It was like a rainbow had vomited all over the place.
The huge window with the motive of a spider web was completely taped up with colorful paper, shining all over the floor.

On the left side was a colorful decorated space, a girl sat by her desk.

As the girl noticed how the door opened, she jumped up full of elan and ran over to her two new roommates: "Howdy, Roomies!", she said excitedly.

Y/n and Wednesday didn't show any emotions as principle Weems said: "Girls, this is your new roommate. Enid Sinclair."

Enid looked at the two girls, noticing how their skin looked somewhat dead: "Are you feeling okay? You two look a little pale."
Gomez quickly responded: "They always look half-dead."

"oh.", Enid smiled a little nervous.
"so, you guys are twins?"
"yes.", Wednesday said and continued flatly: "I tried to eat her in the womb."
"It didn't work. I'm tough.", Y/n finished the story of how there was two of them.
"okidokie...", Enid said, a little weirded out by the story.
Her smile only faltered for a second, though.

"Well, welcome to Ophelia Hall.", she continued, going for a group hug, but the girls backed away.
"oh, no huggers, okay, got it.", she chuckled awkwardly.

"please excuse them, Y/n and Wednesday are allergic to color.", Morticia said, assuring the girl.

"Oh, wow.", Enid said, not believing that that was possible.
"What happens to you two?"
Y/n answered flatly: "normally, we break out into hives and then the flesh peels off our bones."

Principle Weems chuckled: "well, luckily, we've special ordered you guys a uniform. Enid, please take them to the registrar's office to pick them up along with a copy of their schedules. And give them a tour along the way."
Enid looked as excited as before, meanwhile, Y/n and Wednesday turned to their parents, giving them annoyed last glances, before walking out of the room, Enid following them while bouncing a little happily.

°°°°

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favorite marginalized group here.", Enid said proudly as she lead the two sisters through the loud and crowded corridors of Nevermore.

While Y/n looked around a little, Wednesday quickly said to Enid: "you can save the sanitized sales pitch. We don't plan on staying long."

"why not?", Enid asked.
"This was our parent's idea.", Wednesday answered.

"Oh, look.", Y/n turned towards an old picture of the fencing team: "there's our mother smirking at us."

"They've been looking for any excuse to send us here.", Wednesday told Enid.
Y/n walked towards the two girls and explained: "It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan."
"what plan?", Enid asked a little confused.
"To turn me and Wednesday into a version of themseves. Hence, why we aren't going to stay long.", Y/n compleeded.

"well, in that case, perhaps you two can clear something up.", Enid continued walking: "Rumor's been swirling around that you two killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you off."

Wednesday walked in front of the two other girls, as Y/n answered: "actually, it was two kids, but who's counting?"

Enid rushed next to Wednesday to open the door to the courtyard.
Y/n followed them not long after.
"welcome to the quad.", Enid told the girls.

Wednesday looked around quickly, before commenting: "it's a pentagon."

Enid took a deep breath and told the two girls: "the whole snarky Goth girl thing might have worked at Normie School for you two, but here things are different. Let me give y'all a wiki on Nevermore's social scene."

Y/n sighed: "I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés. And I doubt Wednesday is."

The girls started walking around.
"Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain. There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales.", the girl with blond, pink and blue hair told her new roomies.

She pointed towards a table with some people wearing sunglasses: "Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades.", she said, then continued walking around, pointing towards a new group: "That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves. Like me."

The groups started howling at the girls and Enid said: "Full moons can get pretty loud around here. That's when Furs wolf out. I suggest you both pick up some noise-cancelling headphones."

They came to a halt again and Wednesday said: "I'm assuming Scales are sirens?"
Enid answered: "you catch on quick. And that girl, Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing Nevermore has to royalty."
The girl, that Enid pointed towards, was beautiful and when she played with her hands in the water of the fountain, her scales shimmered on her skin.

Enid continued: "Although, her crown's been slipping lately. She used to date our resident tortured artist, Xavier Thorpe. But they broke up at the beginning of the semester. Reason? Unknown.", she finished and looked towards Xavier, who was painting a picture of a raven and a crow.

Wednesday and Y/n followed her look as Xavier turned around and looked Y/n in the eyes.
She felt weird, her skin was tingling, almost as if she got goosebumps.

Her sister's voice snapped her back: "fascinating.", Wednesday said sarcastically.
"I know, right?!", Enid said excitedly: "My vlog is, like, he number one source for Nevermore gossip."

Suddenly, she was interruped by a voice from behind her. "Yo, Enid! You're not gonna believe the dirt I heard about your new roommates. They eat human flesh! Totally chowed down on that kid they murdered. You better watch your back.", Ajax, a guy with a kind face and his hair hid behind a black hairband looked down at Enid.

She awkwardly stepped aside, making the boy see the new students.
Wednesday was quick to say something: "quite the contrairy. We actually fillet the bodies of our victims, then feed them to our pets."

"Ajax, these are my new roommates. Y/n and Wednesday.", Enid said.

"wow", Ajax looked them up and down once: "you guys are all black and white. Like a living Instagram filter."

"ignore him.", Enid said, pushing him away gently: "Gorgons spend way too much time getting stoned."
Ajax walked away and Enid continued: "he's cute, but clueless."

"you know, it's a small school and there wasn't much online about you guys. You should really get on Insta, Snapchat and TikTok.", Enid suggested to the girls.
Y/n explained: "I find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation.", then the two twin sisters walked away, leaving Enid for herself. 

°°°°

1175 words