Friend Or Woe 3.7

Later that day, the sky had cleared a little, as everybody assembled in front of the church and the new statue. 

 It was moments before Y/n's performance with the cello, but the girl had other things on her mind right now. 
I thought nothing scared me, she thought, but that was before I stared into the eyes of Joseph Crackstone. 
She looked up at the statue of the old pilgrim again and slightly shook her head. 
I don't really believe in heaven or hell. But I do believe in revenge. 
I usually serve it warm with a side of pain, but I've never faced an adversary cast in bronze... 

Y/n nodded towards Thing, who gave her a thumbs up. Of course the girls had been planning something, after Y/n had told Wednesday about her vision. 

°°°°

Even reporters were there and everybody listened as the Mayor gave his speech about how they should celebrate the city's history and their forefather, Joseph Crackstone. 

When Y/n and the marching band from Jerichos High School were then supposed to play a song by Fleetwood Mac, the bronze statue suddenly burst out into flames. 

Y/n smirked mischiefously, as she changed the melody to Vivaldy's Winter. Everybody except for the twins panicked and started running. 

°°°°

Obviously, Prinicpal Weems knew that the girls had something to do with the prank, so they were sent to her office, immediately after returning to Nevermore. 

"That was a disaster!", Prinical Weems told the two girls, who were sitting in the armchairs in front of her desk. 
The woman herself was walking around her office furiously. 
"The mayor is furious! I've lost count of the angry phone calls, emails, and people in the town, alumni and parents! They want answers and so do I!"

"we would lead the inquesition, but I left my thumbscrews and rack at home.", Y/n said bluntly. 
"miss Addams...", the woman scolded: "you're already on thin ice. Both of you! Wafer-thin ice!"
"I swear on my lat scorpion's soul, our hands are clean.", Wednesday said and Y/n smirked sllightly, knowing that Thing had actually lit up the statue for them, so they had an alibi. 

The elder woman scoffed: "I may not have hard evidence, but I see you two! You are trouble magnets."
"If trouble means standing up to lies, decades of discrimination, centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens or worse...", Y/n said and glared at her. 
"what are you talking about?", the woman asked furiously. 
"Jericho.", Wednesday answered. "why does this town even have an Outreach Day? Don't you know its real history with outcasts? The actual story of Joseph Crackstone?"

The woman sighed: "I do. To an extent."
"Then why be complicit in its cover up? Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.", Y/n said. 
"that's where you and I differ. Where you see doom, I see opportunity. Maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs, to start a new chapter in the normie-outcast relations."
"Nothing has changed since Crackstone. They still hate us.", Y/n argued. "only now they sugarcoat it with platitudes and smiles."
"If you're unwilling to fight for truth-", Wednesday was interrupted by the principal: "you don't think I want the truth? Of course I do."

The woman stepped closer: "But the world isn't always black and white. There are shades of gray."

"maybe for you.", Y/n said. "But it's either they write our story or we do. You can't have it both ways."

The woman shook her head: "you girls are exhausting."

"we know.", Y/n replied. 

The woman let out a sigh: "goodnight, Miss Addams and Miss Addams."

The girls were about to leave, when the woman continued: "but you should know, I don't tire easily."

With that, the girls left. 

°°°°

When it was dark at night, nobody noticed how in the abandoned old meeting house, the old bearded man from earlier had made a fire for the night, admiring a camera that he had stolen at Uriah's heap earlier. 

He laid it down on the floor, when suddenly the monster jumped at him and thrashed his claws through the man's flesh. The camera was triggered a few times and the flash went off, as the monster ripped the man apart. 
In the end, left were only a chopped body and interesting photo material, that the police would soon find. 

°°°° 

Back in the dorm, Enid told the girls about her date with Ajax, that was soon to start. She was nervous, but the girls assured her that they would kill and torture the gorgon, if he would break her heart. 

When she left to see him though, he didn't show up, leaving Enid angered and ashamed. 

What she didn't know was, that the guy had accidentaly stoned himself in the shower, with his magical snake-hair. 

°°°°

Eugene, the friend of the twins was out in the woods, searching for new insects, when he spotted the police in the woods, searching the crime scene of the bearded man's murder. 

°°°°

Meanwhile, Ms. Thornhille snapped twice in front of the Edgar Allen Poe statue, which opened and revealed the hidden library of the Nightshade's club. 

She quickly looked around and then entered. 

°°°°

Tyler was taking a bath at home, and sunk down to the bottom of the tub, when he suddenly opened his eyes and screamed in pain. 

°°°°

Xavier came out of a hut in the middle of the woods, closing the door behind him and holding his neck, which was covered in blood from three scratches there. He panted slightly and grammced in pain.  

°°°°

"I don't believe in volunteer work, sugar-coated history, or happy endings, but most of all... I don't believe in coincidences.", Y/n told her sister, not looking up from her book.
"Neither do I, sis.", Wednesday replied and continued typing her story. "To paraphrase Agatha Christie, 'one coincidence is just a coincidence, two are a clue, and three are proof.'"

Y/n nodded slowly, agreeing with her sister's statement. She put her book away and sighed: "Rowan's drawing of us and Crackstone happens sometime in the future... Goody's and Willow's  warnings about Crackstone were in the past... And the monster is here in the present...", she laid down on her bed and continued thinking loudly: "Three coincidences that we know are connected... That monster could be anyone. And the sheriff thinks they only exist behind the walls of this school...", she scoffed. "when the truth is, there are monsters everywhere. And sometimes to monsters we least suspect are the most dangerous. They don't need teeth and claws to terrify... They hide in the shadows until no one is looking. And then they strike... But we are looking now...

And we won't stop until we find the truth."

°°°°

1106 words. 
Honestly, I didn't like this episode very much in the end anymore, because there was so much information that needed to be included and I didn't know how to do that with the storyline but I think I managed. 
Also, when the statue was burning in the series, they used Space Song as the backround melody and I absolutely hated it! I mean I absolutely LOVE the song but it was the wrong time! 
Anyways, tpwk. And if you liked it, please leave a vote. If you have questions or comments, feel free to write something. <3