Woe Is The Loneliest Number 2.5

After Wednesday had returned and informed Y/n about her newest leads, Y/n and Wednesday were in the public library of the school with Thing, searching for the purple book.
Though, without success.
They were also shortly interrupted by Ms. Thornhill, who told them that the library wasn't used for it's actual purpurses very often but rather for a makeout place.
She kindly asked if she could help and the girls asked about the Nightshade society. She told them that it was an old students society and that the watermark from Rowan's book was the sybol of said club.
Apparently though, the Nightshades were already disbanded.

The teacher changed the topic to the girls' knowledge about the carnivorous plants.
Wednesday told her that their mother liked those very much.
The teacher asked about the relationship between the girls and their mother and immediately, the girls closed up.

The teacher told them how she knew what they felt.
"I've been here a year and a half and I still feel like an outsider."
"is that because you're the only normie on the staff?", Wednesday asked. "Enid told me."
"To tell you girls the truth, I've never really fit in anywhere. Too odd for the normies, not odd enough for the outcasts.", the woman said. "I thought Nevermore would be different, but there's still a handful of teachers who barely acknoledge me."
"we always act as if we don't care if people don't like us.", Y/n said. "deep down.... we secretly enjoy it."
"Never lose that, girls."
"lose what?", Wednesday asked confused.
The woman sighed: "the ability to not let others define you. It's a gift."
"doesn't always feel that way.", Y/n answered looking down.
"The most interesting plants grow in the shade.", the woman smiled, then started walking away. "If you girls ever need anyone to talk to, the door to the conservatory is always open."

°°°°

In the evening, Xavier came back from his daily run, and quickly got inside his now single dorm to take a shower.
That's when Y/n and Wednesday walked out of his closet with Thing.
"that purple book's got to be around here somewhere.", Wednesday told the two and they started to search.

Wednesday started at a shelf with Thing, while Y/n quickly searched his desk. There, she couldn't help but notice his open sketch book. He was really talented.
Maybe there was even a clue behind those pages, she thought and started flipping through the pages, only to find a page with multiple drawings of her.
She stared at it for a moment, then quickly ripped out the page, hoping that Wednesday wouldn't see. Neither Thing nor Wednesday did.

They both then quickly searched under their beds with finally, another lead: a black mask with feathers under Rowan's bed. "Rowan's full of surprises.", Wednesday said. Y/n didn't find anything under Xavier's bed though.
They had to hide quickly, when they heard the door open slowly, so they hid under Xavier's bed.
The guy threw his towel on the matress and went to the door when he heard a nock.
The girls listened interested.
X: "you're not supposed to be up here.", he pulled Bianca in.
B: "good to see you too.", she said sarcastically.
"How'd you get past the housemaster? Did you use your siren powers?", Xavier asked irritated.
"not while wearing this.", the girl showed off her necklace. "would it kill you to not think the worst of me for once?", she asked.
Xavier simply replied with a question: "what do you want, Bianca?"
"to see how you're doing.", the girl replied, moving closer to the bed post that Xavier leaned on.
"I'm sorry about Rowan. I know you guys used to be close.", she said.
"since when did you give a damn about Rowan?", Xavier questioned suspiciously.
"you were the one afraid he'd do something to Y/n. Isn't that why you've been following her like an eager-eyed puppy? Or is there something more?", Bianca asked, her skin tingling from jealousy.
"seriously, what do you see in her? You suddenly have a thing for tragic goth girls with funeral-parlor fashion sense?", she argued.
"Maybe, it's because she hasn't tried to manipulate me.", Xavier mocked the girl.
"I make one mistake, and you can't forgive me. She treats you like crap and you can't get enough."
"okay, why are you so fixated on Y/n?", Xavier crossed his arms in front of his chest in anger.
"because she thinks she's better than everyone else.", Bianca exclaimed.
Wednesday and Y/n gave each other a look.
Why does she care so much?, Wednesday asked into Y/n's head.
How would I know..., Y/n silently shrugged.

"I can't wait to crush Ophelia Hall tomorrow, an watch her werwolf roommate crumble.", she walked even closer to Xavier. "I'm sure it's gonna be a Poe Cup finale to remember."
Xavier sighed: "yeah, I hate to think what you've got planned."
"my game's already started.", Bianca said. "I like to win. Is that so wrong?"
Xavier nodded a little: "and you wonder why I broke up with you."

Bianca smiled slightly: "you used to love my killer instinct."
"we were good together, Xavier.", she said and walked towards the door.
"were we?", Xavier asked. "Or is that just how you wanted me to feel?"

She turned towards him once again and told him: "trust me, Y/n Addams is not the girl of your dreams. She's the stuff of your nightmares."
That was a little dramatic but I do like pranking people with conjuring nightmares., Y/n told Wednesday through their telepathy.
The twin nodded with a slight smile towards her sister.

And with that Bianca walked out.

°°°°

When Y/n and Wednesday walked into their dorm, Enid was sitting by her bed and full on crying and sobbing.
She heard the girls and turned around, stomping towards them. "where have you guys been?! I'm literally having a heart attack right now. Yoko's in the infirmary!"
"what happened?", Y/n asked their new friend calmly.
"Garlic bread incident at dinner. She had a major allergic reaction! She's out of the Poe Cup and I don't have a co-pilot!"
"the garlic bread wasn't an accident. Bianca's behind it.", Y/n said.
"That's exactly why the other girl on my team was scared that something would happen to her and told me she would quit!", Enid exclaimed panicky. "wait- how do you know?", she asked Y/n suspiciously.
"that doesn't matter.", Wednesday answered. "us three, we're going to take her down tomorrow."
"wait- you guys are joining the Black Cats?", Enid asked, stopping her crying. "you're willing to do that?! For me?"
Y/n looked at Wednesday once, who had the same thought: "we want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in our throats."
"yeah, but mostly you're doing it because we're friends, right?", Enid asked hopeful.
Y/n nodded her head slowly and looked away, not wanting to really answer the question.
Wednesday demanded quickly: "tell me how she keeps winning."
"it's a real brain cramp. The past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking."
"sounds like sabotage.", Wednesday deduced.
"There are no rules in the Poe Cup, and she is a siren, which makes her master of the water.", Enid explained.
Y/n told the girls: "then we just need to beat her at her own game. Revenge is sweet."

And so the twins and Thing spent almost all night coming up with a plan that would help defeat Bianca without killing anyone (some of the killing-ideas came from Y/n...).

°°°°

1224 words.
I am really looking forward to the Poe Cup and what follows...
I already have something in mind, yay...

IMPORTANT: By the way I'm sorry that I can't update as much as before now because the holidays are over and I have a lot to do, especially this week. I'm really so sorry :/ 
But I've already worked on some other chapters and I hope that in the end everything will make sense and be cute and funny and whatnot :)
Have a good day, everyone, tpwk<3