Woe Is The Loneliest Number 2.2

Y/n and Wednesday once again were at their therapy session with Ms. Kinbott. 

"help me understand why you claim you both witnessed a murder.", the therapist said calmly.  "Was it to gain attention?"
"Why should I bother telling you anything?", Wednesday asked. 
"you've already decided we're lying.", Y/n protested. 

Wednesday asserted: "I know what I saw."
The therapist sighed and said 'understandingly': "your life's had a lot of upheaval recently. It's okay to be confused about things."

Y/n rolled her eyes: "Don't try and lure us into one of your psychological traps."

The woman looked at the twin and replied with a 'comforting' smile: "No one is trying to trap you, Y/n. I'm here to help you process your emotions."
Y/n crossed her arms in front of her chest and flatly replied: "Emotions are a gateway trait. They lead to feelings, which trigger tears. I don't do tears."

The therapist knew that was a deadend, so she tried making any process with the other twin: "Wednesday, tell me how you're adjusting to school."

 "Satre said: hell is other people. He was my first crush.", Wednesday informed the woman. 
"Wednesday, part of the reason your parents sent you two to Nevermore is so that you could find your people. Become a part of a larger community.", the therapist told her. 

Wednesday bluntly answered: "we both like being our own islands. Well-fortified ones, surrounded by sharks."

The therapist asked:  "Have you both considered your antisocial tendencies might be motivated by fear of rejection?"
"If you were to reject me, I would not be upset.", Y/n corrected the woman and Wednesday added:"Neither would I."

The woman smiled: "you both can't get rid of me that easily, girls."
She looked to the clock: "And look, you two have made it through an entire session without trying to escape. I'll take that as a win."

°°°°

They both left the office, when Wednesday bumped into Tyler: "guess you decided to stick around Jericho. -Wait, you two see Dr. Kinbott too?"
Y/n sighed a little. "you should know we're legally required to be here.", she started walking away, not interested in a conversation. She felt pissed already because of Dr. Kinbott and her horrible kindness.
"uh, me too. Court ordered.", Tyler told Wednesday with a smile.

Wednesday looked back at her sister, who was walking towards the bus station with Xavier, then she told Tyler: "look at us. A couple of teenage tearaways."

Tyler chuckled. "Hey, you know, when you ran off last night at the Harvest Festival, I wasn't sure what happened, and then I heard... Kinda crazy."
"Everyone, including your father, believes that we made it all up.", Wednesday told him. 
His phone rang once, so he took it out to look at it: "you know I...  Time to get in touch with my inner rebel. You know, for the record, I believe you, Wednesday."
Then he went inside Dr. Kinbott's office building. 

Y/n didn't like Tyler. Of course, he didn't bully her for being the way she was or anything like the other people from Jericho did.
But there was just something about him that made her feel annoyed and unsure.
He was so friendly. Especially to Wednesday. He obviously had a crush on her. 
It was not that Y/n was jealous, she didn't really feel that way. 
But she found him suspicious.
Why was he so nice? 
Why did he want to help them?
Why did he always decide to agree with them? 
Why did he believe them, when nobody else did?

What was he hiding?

Suddenly, she ran into a lanky boy. 
"whoa, easy there, tiger.", she heard Xavier say and slowly looked up. "what has occupied your mind so much that you walk into other people?", he asked with a smirk. 

"why do you care?", Y/n asked back irritated and started to walk towards the busstation, to wait for a bus that would take her back to Nevermore. 

"wait.", Xavier said, following her. "where are you going?"
"isn't that obvious? Use your brain.", she huffed. She was pissed. 

Xavier stopped walking, so she turned around again, after taking a moment to breathe.
"That was uncalled for and unfair to say. I'm just in a bad mood."

"no shit, Sherlock.", Xavier said, then decided to let her little outburst slide. "what's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?"

"actually, I'm just going to wait for the bus to Nevermore, where I can be alone with my despair and frustration."