You Reap What You Woe 5.6

"we need to talk.", Wednesday's sharp voice echoed through the room, as the Sheriff stirred a spoon of sugar in his coffee.

The man turned around bewildered: "how the hell did you two get in?"

The Sheriff walked to the window of his office annoyed: "Bernice? Bernice!"

"Bernice may or may not have received a call that her tabby cat Swifty is being held for ransom.", Y/n smiled at the man.

"our father did not kill Garrett Gates.", Wednesday told the man, dead serious.

The Sheriff nodded, a smirk on his face: "well, I have his signed confession, and he identified the saber he used to do it. Both of which I'm about to deliver to the District Attorney."

"don't you find the timing a tad bit convenient?", Y/n asked. "The coroner kills himself out of remorse for a decades-old murder case, the very weekend our father, your prime suspect, deigns to return to town."

"all I see is a guilty man who's finally going to pay for his crime.", the Sheriff argued. "and cuffing him myself, man, that was the icing on the cake.", smugly, he sipped on his coffee.

"how are you failing to see that someone is desperately trying to derail our investigation?", Wednesday asked. "we found the monster's cave, and I gave you the DNA evidence. Did you even bother to test it?"

The Sheriff's tone got louder and hostile: "this may come as a shock to you, but the world doesn't revolve around you two."

The man sat down at his desk, opened a drawer and got out some files. "here, DNA results. No match. Inconclusive."

"so you truly believe this is all some coincidence?", Y/n asked. "whoever hurt Eugene also murderer the coroner."

The man towered over them, angrily: "Unfortunately, someone sabotaged the security camera in the morgue, so we don't know what happened. They stuck bubblegum on the lens. Black Bubblegum.", the man smirked. "maybe I should run DNA on that?"

Y/n, who didn't even feel remotely threatened by that, replied: "someone is trying to throw us off the game. This is all a distraction."

"no, this is about justice being served.", The Sheriff said, loudly. "Garrett Gates's family deserves closure, even if none of them are around to take comfort in it."
"what happened to them?", Wednesday asked curiously.

"His mother hung herself in the backyard. His father drank himself to an early grave and even his little sister didn't escape. She was orphaned, sent overseas and ended up drowning.", the man said, sounding sincere. "every last one of them's gone. So your father doesn't just have Garrett's blood on his hands, he's got the whole damn family's."

The girls didn't know what to reply, their thoughts racing. They still didn't believe that their father was a murderer. But that the whole family seemed to have been cursed was new to them. And interesting.

°°°°

The next day, every family was sat in the woods, close to the school, having a picnic.

Enid looked at her brothers, who were running around and bickering.
"here. I brought you a gift.", Enid's mother said, and handed Enid a dark green envelope.

"that's so sweet.", Enid smiled hopeful. "You didn't have to get me anything."

"oh, I know, but I thought we got off on the wrong foot this weekend. I just want you to know that all I want is the very best for you.", Enid's mother said.

Her father silently watched, while roasting his marshmellows over the campfire.

Enid smiled at her mother and opened the envelope. Her smile dropped as she looked at the papers.
"what are these?"

The elder woman smiled. "brochures. For summer camp."

"these aren't just ordinary summer camps.", Enid said, sounding sad. "these are camps for lycanthropy conversion."

"oh, no need to be dramatic, Enid.", her mother said.

"you want to send me to conversion therapy for werwolves?", Enid was close to tears by now. Her father looked down.

"it worked wonders for your cousin Lucille, didn't it?", her mother reasoned. "seven weeks in the Balkan countryside and she was howling at the moon in no time. As it should be. Don't you want to wolf out and finally be normal, honey?"

Enid threw the brochures in the fire and got up to stomp away.
Her father watched her with a sad expression on his face.

°°°°

Pugsley sat alone on a pier, a bit further away from everyone. he watched as the water underneath him glumly shimmered and glistened.

Y/n and Wednesday approached him from behind. When he senced them, he quickly protested: "go away."

Still, Y/n and her sister sat down next to the boy. "you forgot your fishing gear.", Y/n explained, dropping everything between her and her little brother.
Pugsley looked at her from the side: "stop trying to be nice. It doesn't suit you."

"Father packed your favorite bait."; Wednesday explained.

Pugsley grabbed Y/n's bag and opned it, finding a few explosives. He grabbed a handgranade, looking at it for a bit.
"what will happen now?"
"well, he's confessed, so there won't be a trial.", Y/n explained. "after he's sentecned, he'll be sent to a state penitentiary, where he'll lose his mind being seperated from Mother. Did you know they haven't spent a single night apart since they tied the knot?"

Y/n looked at the boy, who smiled. "I always thought I'd be the first one in the family behind bars."

"Lurch and I had a bet going.", Y/n smiled.

Pugsley looked between his sisters. He was glad that they were there for him.

"come on.", Wednesday said. "let's see if the fish are biting."

And so, Pugsley pulled the ring, threw the granade and the three siblings watched as the granade exploded, causing many fish to die.

"that's quite a catch.", Y/n smiled.

"I'm gonna miss him, guys.", Pugsley said, his voice shaky.

"it's not over yet. He's innocent.", Wednesday replied.

"well, if anyone can figure out who really committed the crime... it's you guys. You have to find out the truth and free Dad.", Pugsley said.

"well, until that happens, we all know Mother will be falling apart.", Y/n said. "which means we have to be strong. And by 'we', I mean you, Pugsley."

Pugsely nodded at her.

"now, give me one of those.", Y/n said, holding out her hand for a granade.

They watched more fish die.

"where is Mother anyway?", Wednesday asked.

"she said she wanted to be alone.", Pugsley answered. "somewhere where no one would find her."

But the girls knew exactly where they needed to go.

°°°°

1070 words. 

You guys, another chapter, yayyyyy

And we're moving along pretty well too hihi

Anyways, drink enough water and eat enough food. And treat people with kindness;)
(btw: I went to a Harry Styles concert yayyyy...) ( well another one hihihi) 
So definitely tpwk<3