Friend Or Woe 3.6

She awoke two seconds later, on the wet floor in the hut. It had started to rain.
Y/n quickly shot up and turned towards Wednesday, who was already looking at her sister in a concerned way. "I saw them again, Wednesday. Goody and Willow Addams. I believe they're our ancestors from 400 years ago."

Y/n felt a little weird, nauseous, and as if her whole body was asleep. She hadn't felt that before, after her visions.

Still, when the girls both sensed something from behind the fence, Wednesday helped her sister up and they went to look through a slit in the wood.
There was nothing.
"it must've been the beared man from earlier.", Wednesday said, turning towards Thing.

Suddenly, there was a big, bloodshot eye behind the fence. It was the monster. It growled and ran into the woods.
"Come on!", Wednesday told Y/n and took Thing with her.

Even though, Y/n felt slightly weak, she followed Wednesday as they ran after the monster.
They lost it quickly though and only followed the paw prints in the mood, which turned into another print after a while.
Wednesday knelt to the ground, not noticing how her sister was having trouble staying concious. "The monster is human.", Wednesday said.

And with that, Y/n lost her conciousness, and fell right into Xavier's arms, who must've come out of nowhere.

"what the hell are you two doing?!", he asked, looking at Y/n worriedly. "what is going on with her?"
Wednesday quickly turned around, looking at Y/n a little surprised and also concerned. "maybe, searching monsters is nothing for Y/n."
Wednesday quickly felt her pulse. "she's alive. She'll probably wake up soon. Let me take the umbrella." She took the umbrella from Xavier and so he could adjust his grip on the unconcious girl in his arms.

"you saw the monster?", Xavier asked, looking around protectively. "it's here? Does she have a death wish or something?", he asked looking down at Y/n. "and how could you let something happen to her?"
"I have no idea what happened to her. And what do you care?", Wednesday argued defensively. "besides, what exactly are you doing here?"
"well, you two said you'd check out the old meeting house. I guess it's lucky I showed up when I did."
"I did learn one thing. The monster is human. It's tracks turned from monster prints to human ones."

Y/n stirred a little, then her eyes shot open, scaring Xavier a little.
"wh- what happened? The monster's human?", she looked at her sister, then noticed her position and looked up at the tall guy: "what are you doing?", she asked reproachfully.

"I'm sorry that I caught you before you'd have fallen into the mud unconciously.", Xavier argued back sarcastically.

"what happened to you anyways? Shouldn't you be more careful? Maybe it was the huge amount of caffeine you had today. I'm gonna bring you to the nurse later.", he said, protectively.

Y/n just jumped out of his arms, still feeling a little wobbly but ignoring it.
"oh please...", she rolled her eyes. "I can drink as much coffee as i want. And I'm definitely not going to the school nurse. Now show me the footprints again, Sis. I could only see them blurrily and didn't recoginse the size, before I well..."

Wednesday looked between Y/n and Xavier once with narrowed eyes, then bend down again to show her sister and Xavier the foot print, though, she didn't find anything. "the rain washed it all away.", Wednesday said.
Xavier scoffed.
"I know what i saw.", Wednesday told the guy.
"I'm trying to keep an open mind.", Xavier shrugged.
Y/n rolled her eyes, not feeling as bad as before. "how big of you."
"hey!", he said offendedly. "I do think you guys right be right about Rowan."
Xavier took the umbrella and held it over his head, so that the girls could have a bit of space under it too.

 They continued walking.

"why the sudden change of heart?", Y/n asked, looking up at him.
"I texted him again today. I said maybe we could meet over spring break and go snowboarding like we did last year. This time he texted right back, said he wouldn't be able to make it."

"only you never went snoboarding last year.", Wednesday assumed loudly.

Xavier nodded: "part of me wanted to blame his recent weirdness.", he continued. "I didn't want to think something bad had happened."

"the cover-up is always worse than the crime.", Y/n muttered annoyedly.

"now I need you two to be honest with me. Why'd you come out to the old meeting house in the first place?", Xavier asked and stopped.

"we were trying to find more about Crackstone.", Wednesday answered. "figure out how he's connected to this."

"yeah, and you were trying to use your psychic abilites, right?", Xavier turned towards Y/n.

"what makes you think I have any?", she asked coldly.

"lucky guess.", he replied smugly. "when did they start?"
"about a year ago. Wednesday has the same powers.", Y/n shrugged and continued walking with Wednesday, who didn't really want to be part of the conversation anymore, to caught up in the monster case.

"when they happen, it feels like I'm touching live wire. I usually enjoy that sensation.", Y/n sighed.
"yeah, but you can't control it and that freaks you out.", Xavier assumed. "my dad's a psychic."
"vincent Thorpe.", Y/n nodded. "our brother's his number one fan. Watched his Vegas Special so many times, I'm surprised it's not imprinted on his eyeballs."

After a short pause, Xavier continued: "so I've lived with this self-described master and the first thing he'll tell you is that visions can't be trusted. They only show you one part of the picture."

"I saw Joseph Crackstone in front of me 15 mintues ago, as clearly as I'm seeing you now.", Y/n told him. "he gathered all the outcasts in the meeting house and burned them alive."
"okay, he was a sadistic asshole.", Xavier argued. "So what? It was 400 years ago. It's got nothing to do with now."
"but what if it does?", Y/n asserted. "You saw Rowan's drawing. Crackstone was standing in the quad."
"you're creating a story in your head and using visions to back it up.", Xavier argued with the girl. "they're telling you what you want to see."
"are you mansplaining my powers right now?", Y/n scoffed.

Xavier rolled his eyes. Nothing he did seemed to get accepted by Y/n. "All I'm saying is my dad, the expert, would warn you that psychic ability isn't rooted in logic. It's triggered by emotions. And let's be honest, emotions isn't exactly your strong suit."
"now i'm somewhat flattered and offended.", Y/n said, more to herself, then to him.

She shrugged, seeing her sister had started walking in front of them.
"I believe that Rowan was right. Something bad is going to happen and Wednesday and I need to stop it. Starting with that monster.", she looked up at Xavier again. "whoever it is."

The boy scoffed; "you don't believe that it's me now, do you?"
"no, all I'm saying is, if you were, I'd not hesitate to stop you."
"that's not fair. It's not me."
"and if I'm being honest I don't think you'd have to guts to be a mad killer, but it's always good to listen to the facts before ruling things out."
"you're crazy, Addams."
"thank you.", she smirked about the compliment and continued walking in the rain.

The lanky boy followed, carrying the umbrella for the two of them and shaking his head from time to time.

°°°°

1244 words. 
It's such a cliché that Xavier caught Y/n but you know what guys? I'm a hopeless romantic, so I can't help myself. 
Tpwk<3

Also what do you think is going on with Y/n losing her conciousness? We'll find out about that sooner or later, won't we.... (insert even villain laugh)  I'm kidding guys, it's nothing bad... probably...