Woe What A Night 4.3

The next day, Y/n once again had to sit next to Xavier in class. 

She was annoyed, already, since she had seen Willow all morning.
It only ever had been a split second, that the girl, who almost looked like Y/n, was visible. In fact she was only visible so shortly, that a normal person would've shrugged it off and thought that she wasn't even there, but Y/n knew something was off. 
She just didn't know what. 
And it made her annoyed and impatient to find out. 

Ms. Thornhill continued with her lesson, always in her ray of sunshine mood: "While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deceptions.

As Ms. Thornhill put down the plant, Xavier bend towards his backpack to get his scetchbook but grunted when he had to get back up. 
Y/n looked towards him suspiciously and he replied: "I tweaked my back at fencing."
Y/n rolled her eyes and turned back to the class. 

"The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in.", she continued excitedly: "Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?"

Bianca replied sassily: "Nada, just like all the guys at the Rave'N."
Everybody, except for Y/n and Wednesday laughed. 

Even Ms. Thornhill chuckled: "Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework."

A few people cheered. 

"But I do still need volunteers for the decorating commitee."
A few hands rose in the air. "Anyone interested, come and see me up here."

While a lot of people stood up and went towards the teacher, Xavier and Y/n were still at their places. 
The guy turned towards the girl teasingly: "so you're not gonna volunteer?"
Y/n turned towards him with the same annoyed expression she had had all morning, as Xavier continued: "Aren't you pumped about disco balls and spiked puch? THere's even a DJ. MC Blood Suckaz."
"I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.", Y/n hissed, looking even more annoyed than before. "Actually, I'll probably do that anyway."
The boy smirked: "Are you in a bad mood, princess?"

"no, I in fact could bounce around all day and am currently thinking about what kinds of cupcakes I'll bake this afternoon.", she replied sarcastically and squinted her eyes at him. 

Xavier packed his bad, not stopping with his smiling: "you know, you could just invite someone to the ball and actually have a little fun." 
He put his book in his backpack, streching his neck a little, which made Y/n notice deep cuts at the side. 
She didn't comment on it and just walked towards Wednesday, so that they could leave class together. 

°°°°

After their classes and lunch, Y/n, Wednesday, and Enid were all in their dorm and discussing new stuff.
Enid was all excited about the Rave'N Dance, while Y/n and Wednesday focussed on their case.

"Xavier accidentally revealed a few cuts on his neck in class. He also seemed to have a back ache. He told me it was from fencing but he is a terrible liar."
"you should follow him for the afternoon.", Wednesday replied. "he has something to hide, we both know that."
"guys, this is Xavier we're talking about. He's not a monster.", Enid said.
"Do you know that for sure?", Y/n asked. Actually, she didn't really think he had the guts to be a monster but never say never, right?
"fine, I don't.", Enid answered. "but do you really have to stalk him? If you think he has something to hide, you could just ask him." 

"uhm... sure.", Y/n said. "I could interrogate him later, if I don't find anything on him now." 

"actually, Y/n, don't interrogate, just ask. You know, be chill about it. And please be nice to Xavier for once.", Enid said. "he kinda has a crush on you."

Y/n ignored the nauseous feeling in her gut: "...why would I be nice to him then?"

"Because you two would look soooo cute together!", Enid squealed. She sat down on her bed and turned to the girl again: "and maybe, he'll ask you to the ball."

"I'm not interested in going to the ball.", Y/n said. 

"We have a monster to catch.", Wednesday told Enid. 
"And a plan to leave Nevermore that needs to be planned.", Y/n continued. 

"oh, come on. You're gonna see when you go to the Rave'N, it's so special! And when Xavier has warmed up your heart, you're gonna stay here, I just know.", Enid smiled excitedly. 

"you're forgetting, Enid, I don't have a heart.", Y/n said and got up and put on her jacket to follow Xavier. 

"just try later.", Enid replied. "when you nicely ask him about what he has to hide."

°°°° 

So Y/n found herself, strolling through the forrest, where Xavier had gone. 

Suddenly, Willow appeared again. 

This time though, she seemed to not go away. 

Y/n quickly looked towards where Xavier was, he still hadn't noticed her, then she turned towards the pale girl. 
"Okay, I've had enough.", Y/n said annoyedly. "Can you hear me?"

Willow nodded with an amused smile.

"can you talk?", Y/n asked even more annoyed.

"yes, of course.", Willow replied.

Y/n scoffed annoyedly: "What do you want from me? Why can I see you? I'm not in a vision."

"You're the crow in our family.", WIllow replied. 
"what does that mean?", Y/n asked suspicious, of what would come next.  

"Crows symbolize death and one of your other great powers is to be able to see ghosts."

"wh- that's never happened before? I've been having visions for over a year now.", Y/n stated confusedly.

"after your last vision, you met me personally. I, too, was a crow in our bloodline and so it is my destiny as a ghost to help you control your powers. But for being able to see the dead, you had to be as close to our state as possible, right after the vision, so that our minds could connect. And so you-", the ghost was interrupted by Y/n. 
"-fainted.", Y/n nodded slowly. "but what now? I can see ghosts? So basically every person to ever live?"

"not everyone who dies becomes a ghost.", Willow said. "And you'll only be able to see some of them, in coincidental moments. Ghosts mostly become visible for you when you're close to a place or an object where they were or that they used before. It's like your visions."

"so I won't be able to control when and who I see? What a bummer.", Y/n looked towards the direction where Xavier was going. She was now a little behind and would have to hurry up.

"I would've loved to see my grandmother again. We still had a bet going on but she died before I won.", Y/n shrugged and looked up again, only to find an empty void.

Willow's ghost had gone again.

Y/n groaned and rolled her eyes: "wonderful. Just wonderful."

Then she started running towards where Xavier had gone, still in thought about her new abilities. She was confused and annoyed by it, but also intruiged. How was her life going to be now? Would it be a lot more difficult? More exciting, definitely.  

In the end, Y/n was led to a hut in the middle of the forrest. 
When Xavier looked like he was going away again, Y/n thought it was her perfect time to go inside and see what he had to hide.
So she got out of the bushes that she had hid in and opened the door to the hut. 

She quickly slipped in and closed the door behind her then went to the middle of the room and turned on the lights to find many detailed drawings of the monster. 

"huh... I suppose every artist needs a muse.", Y/n shrugged and picked up a drawing of some sort of cave, and another monster one. "Xav, you just became so much more interesting."
She took one last glance, then put the papers in her backpack and walked out, obviously not without turning off the light. 

She was about to sneak off, when suddenly, there was a voice from behind her: "What are you doing here, princess?"

°°°°

1350 words. 
You guys... my story is going to be sooo long and I didn't even want it to be that way (*insert nervous laughter*)

Also what do you think about Y/n's new ability??? 
Leave a vote if you liked it, or comment if you want to <3

Don't forget to treat yourself and other with kindness <3