Quid Pro Woe 6.2

After a quick exchange of thoughts, Y/n knew what Wednesday had seen. 

But Y/n didn't want to disappoint her... friends, that she now had and so she reluctantly helped cut the cake. 

After a little talking and cake-eating, everybody returned back to the boarding school and into their rooms. The twins were already eager to discuss Wednesday's vision. 

So, the girl sat down at her desk, Thing and Y/n watching over her shoulder, and started drawing sketches of the gate that she had seen in her vision. It seemed to be an important piece in the jigsaw puzzle. 

Y/n turned around as she heard footsteps come closer, and she noticed Enid taking off her jacket next to her own bed. 

"I'm sorry Wednesday, the party was my idea.", Enid said. "but everybody deserves to be celebrated on their brithday."

"I prefer to be vilified.", Wednesday said, continuing her drawing. 

"the cake was a nice surprise though.", Y/n shrugged. 

"Xavier baked it.", the blonde smiled. "what happened actually? It looked like you were having a seizure.", Enid said, finally approaching the two girls at the desk. 

"I wasn't that lucky.", Wednesday said, still angry at the birthday party.

"can I at least get some kudos for pulling one over on you?", Enid asked, causing Wednesday to stop drawing for a second: "the subterfuge was impressive."

Suddenly, there was a strange thudding noise and the girls looked towards the side, noticing Thing who was pulling out a big black box from underneath Wednesday's bed. 

There was a card, and Wednesday quickly picked it up: "It's from our parents. May your 16ths be as sour and misery-filled as your desire. You're ever-doting mother and father."

Y/n kneeled down next to the box in curiousity. 

"they asked Thing to hide it before they left on Parents' Weekend.", Enid explained. 

Y/n opened the box, revealing a taxidermy kit and two already dead squirrels.

"ew, that's so gross.", Enid exclaimed. 

"last time, the squirrels were still alive.", Y/n frowned a little. "this is just half the fun."

Enid grimaced in disgust, before walking to her bed and picking up two more packages. "while we're still accepting presents..."

The twins took the wrapped gifts in their hands, examining them for a bit, before opening them, to reveal... something made out of black yarn. 

"well, do you guys like them?", Enid asked barely able to contain her excitement. 

"what is it exactly?", Y/n asked, turning it in her hands. 

"they are snoods, silly.", Enid explained. "I have one as well, so we can all match now. They are in black, because that's your signature color, and Wednesday's even has a little bit of white in there, so you can tell them apart. We can all wear them together to class!"

"oh, Enid...", Wednesday said. "this is far too unique to wear to something like class. I suggest we wait for a more special occasion..."

"Like a funeral.", Y/n proposed.  

"oh.", Enid simply commented. 

°°°°°

"you know, Lucas feels terrible about what happened at the dance.", the Mayor told Principal Weems, as they walked out of her office.