Wednesday's child is full of woe 1.6

Y/n woke up in a bed at the school nurse's office. 
The first thing she saw was Xavier looking down at her with a smile: "Welcome Back.", he said. 
Y/n sat up quickly, but he told her carefully: "just take it easy."

He sat down on a chair next to the bed: "The nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump, huh?" 

He smiled. 

"The last thing I remember I was walking outside, feeling a mixture of rage disgust and self-pity, because I'm being held in this school. It didn't feel good."
"yeah, well, you always need a little time to get used to Nevermore, I think.", Xavier answered. 
"Then I looked up and saw that gargoyle comming down and I thought, 'At least I'll have an imaginative death.'", she recalled. 

"Then you tackled me out of the way. Why?"
Xavier shrugged: "Call it instinct."
"So you were guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract my undying gratitude?", Y/n provoked. 
"Mm-hmm. You know, most people just say thank you.", he suggested with a nod. 

"I didn't want to be rescued.", Y/n replied flatly. 
"so I should've just let that thing smash you to mush?", he asked confusedly. 
"I would've rather saved myself.", she answered. 

He scoffed: "it's good to see you haven't changed."
Y/n's glare turned into a more confused one. 
Xavier continued: "If it makes you feel any better, let's just say i returned the favor."

Y/n was even more confused now.
They hadn't met before, had they?

"Xavier Thorpe?", he asked. "you don't remember me, princess?"
Y/n shook her head. 
"figures, last time we met, I was about two feet smaller and 40 pounds heavier."
"what happened?", Y/n asked.
"puberty, I guess.", Xavier shrugged. 

Y/n rolled her eyes: "I meant what happened the last time we met?"
"oh... uh... Yeah... it was my godmother's funeral.", he looked back at her:
"Apparently she was friends with your grandmother, and they spent their twenties in Europe, swindeling the richt and nutorious. I don't know. But we were ten, and we were bored, so Wednesday, you and I decided to play hide and seek. I had the inspired idea to hide in her casket."

Y/n hinted a smile, she was remembering. 

"I got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium.", Xavier continued. 
"I had heard muffled screams.", Y/n recalled. "I just figured your godmother had somehow cheated death and was trying to claw her way out."
"either way, you hit the big, red stop-button and saved me from being flame-broiled. So... now we're even.", he said. 

They both sunk into comfortable silence, he was still smiling at her. 

°°°°

A little bit later, the twins both were back in their dorm. 

Wednesday was writing on her typewriter, Y/n was reading and listening to music, the mood was relaxed. Both of them found peace in written words and songs of woe, pain and anger. 

Suddenly, Wednesday and Y/n both sensed a different scent in the air, Wednesday looked at her bed, walked over towards it and caught Thing. 

"I knew it!", Y/n said. "I felt watched, mother and father obviously didn't leave us here without control." The girl stood up from her bed and walked towards her sister. "hello, Thing."

"Did you really think our highly trained olfactory sense wouldn't pick up on the faint whiff of neroli and bergamot in your favorite hand lotion?", Wednesday asked and walked towards her desk. 

There, the two girls made the hand swear to be subordinate to them, their spy, instead of their parents. Otherwise, he would have to spend the school year in a drawer, where he would go mad without anything to do.

Their first mission was obviously to escape the stupid school and the claws of higher authorities, trying to control them and bind them to a future that they didn't want. 
Obviously they had a plan. 

And it would begin now. 

°°°°

this one only has 645 words