wednesday's child is full of woe 1.5

The next day, Wednesday and Y/n were required to do fencing lessons with a few others. 
Though, when they entered, everybody looked at them and stopped their work. 

Maybe it was because both of them were the only ones in all black suits but maybe it was also because they were new and different.

Either way, the girls didn't care.

The walked right through every game, Y/n noticing Xavier again, but not giving him any attention.
She didn't know exactly why but she didn't like him.
Maybe it was because of the goosebumps from the day before? 

Meanwhile, Thing was looking after the two from the shadows of a bench. 

The girls came to a halt right where the Queen-Bee Bianca had just defeated Rowan, a quirky outsider at Nevermore. 

"Coach, Coach, she tripped me!", he protested.
"It was a clean strike, Rowan.", the coach said coldly. 
Bianca commented with a smirk: "Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck."

Rowan got up and left defeated and humiliated. 
Bianca turned to the teacher: "seriously coach, when am I gonna get some real competition. Anyone else want to challenge me?" 

Y/n looked at Wednesday, leaving it up to her. Both of them had been trained in martial arts for a long time, and even though, Y/n was normally the revengefull of he two, she wanted to let Wednesday take a chance first.
She liked to stay in the background and observe, before hitting. 
Wednesday was very aware of her skills and so she liked to try it first. 
This way, the twins worked together perfectly. 
One team.

"I do.", Wednesday answered Bianca's question.
The queen-bee turned around and said with a fake smile: "Oh, you two must be the psychopaths they let in."
"actually, I am more of a sociopath. Know the difference.", Y/n commented. 
Wednesday fired back: "you must be the self-appointed Queen-Bee."
Bianca nodded with a proud smirk. 
"Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stingers and they drop dead.", Wednesday finished.
A few 'ohhs' were audible from the other fencers but Bianca quickly argued: "Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. He's not helpless, he's lazy."
Y/n rolled her eyes as Wedesday asked: "Are we doing this or not?"

Bianca accepted the challenge, both of them getting in position, as Y/n walked a little backwards, to give them space. 

"En garde.", the coach said and both of them got ready. 
They were both good at fencing and after a little bit of fighting, the first point went to Wednesday. 

Xavier had walked next to Y/n: "your sister is crazy."
"So am I.", Y/n answered flatly, not looking away from the game.

Xavier decided to introduce himself: "I'm Xavier."
Y/n nodded a little. 
"can I know your name?", the guy asked with a smirk. 
"Y/n.", she said bluntly.

The second point went to Bianca. 

They stopped fighting and Bianca said: "That first point was clearly beginnner's luck."
They started to cyrcle around each other: "let's finish this."
Wednesday proposed: "For the final point, I would like to invoke a military challenge. No masks. No tips. Winner draws first luck."
The people standing around were once again surprised by Wednesday's boldness. 

The coach turned to Bianca: "It's your decision, Bianca."
Knowing that if she would say no, she'd loose her crown, Bianca answered: "let's see if you bleed in black and white."
Both of them threw their masks away and started fighting. 
The suspense in the room was almost unbearable for the watchers.

"Wedneday's not going to die, is she?", Xavier joked towards Y/n. 
The girl still wasn't looking at him and replied seriously: "I'd be more concerned about your Ex-girlfriend." 
"how did you know Bianca's my ex-girlfriend? Did you already ask after me?", he joked. 
"Enid told me about you and Bianca. There was no escape, so I was forced to listen.", she answered. 
Xavier nodded and replied sarcastically: "sure."

After a suspenseful and skilled fight, Wednesday was bleeding above her eyebrow. 
"Your face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed.", Bianca told Wednesday, proud that she had won. 

Xavier looked down at the girl next to him and said surprised: "After what you told me, that, I didn't expect."
"Do you want to find out how skilled Wednesday and I are?", Y/n asked. "We can duell and I'll show you what happens."
"Uhm. No thanks, I actually suck at fencing.", he said. 
"mhm, that's what I thought.", Y/n provoked him. 
"Archery is more my thing."
"Good for you but I didn't ask.", she said coldly and walked towards her sister, so the two could go to the school nurse.

°°°°

Wednesday was getting a plaster on her forhead in the infirmary and Y/n was watching, when suddenly Rowan said something from behind the girls: "you guys are the Addams, right?"

The both turned around to him. 

"Rowan.", he introduced himself and then told Wednesday: "I know how you feel."
"I guarantee you don't.", she answered. 
"My mother promised me I'd finally fit in somewhere.", he said.
"I never thought it was possible to be an oucast in a school full of outcasts. But it looks like you're gonna give me a run for my money. Uh... sorry about the... nick.", he gestured to the cut.

"no good deed goes unpunished.", Y/n answered for her sister. 

The girls stood up and walked out, leaving Rowan to himself. 
On the way back, Y/n had the feeling of being watched, she looked behind them, but no one was there. So she shrugged it off, but remembered to stay on her guard. 

In the Afternoon, Wednesday had decided to write a little on her novel, so Y/n had been looking around a little, but was on her way back, walking across the school yard. 
It was raining, so she took out her umbrella. 

She started walking but then she heard something and looked up, only to see a Gargoyle or something that was falling down from the roof.
At least she would not have to endure this school any longer and have an imaginative death, she thought as the figure was falling down, ready to crush her to death, when a lanky guy came running towards her: "Y/n!", he screamed and tackled her, so the both were flying to the ground.

Y/n hit her head on the cobblestones and passed out, but still recognized Xavier, before everything turned black. 
He landed on top of her as the statue crashed on the ground. 

°°°°

1060 words