Woe What A Night 4.2

After entering the building of the morgue, the girls let Thing climb into the room and cover the security camera with a black gum. 
The hand then proceeded to open the door for the girls. 

"Dr. Kinbott told us we should get out more. Said we needed to open our minds to new people and experiences.", Wednesday commented with a smirk on her face. 
"And Who are we to argue with her professional clichés?", Y/n continued in their minds. 

As soon as the girls entered, Wednesday turned to Thing and Y/n: "While I do the autopsy, you find the files of the monsterßs other victims and make copies."
The hand and Y/n protested immediately: "why can't we do the autopsy?"

"oh please, Thing, don't pout. Your scalpel skills are questionable.", the pig-tailed girl took out a kit for autopsies. "Do you remember our 13th birthday, when Uncle Fester gave us that cadaver?", Wednesday asked the two. 

"Thing, you sliced right through that man's carotid.", Wednesday said and Thing answered with a motion that could be compared to a shrug. 

Y/n remembered: "oh right, it almost ruined everything. Fine, whatever, I had the last one, so you can do this autopsy. C'mon, Thing, let's get going.", Y/n said and the hand climbed onto the girl's shoulder. 

While Y/n and Thing made copies of the files, Wednesday looked for the right corpse.

She opened a few cold lockers: "No. Not this one." she smelled the corpse once: "magnificant hematoma."
After the third, she found the right one: "There you are.", she said and pulled out the dead body, looking at the torso quickly and examining the whole body.

She spoke into her recorder: "Thursday, 7:23p.m. The body is that of a 50-year-old male. Lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands." What remains of the chest and torso indicates a frenzied attack.", she continued while thinking about her sister and what fun she was missing out on here. 

"subject has been almost entirely disemboweled."

°°°°

Meanwhile, Xavier was about to loose his shit and became super nervous, since he saw a car suddenly arriving. But he just hid in the shadows of the Principal's car, hoping that the girls would see the new arrival. 
Luckily, Y/n did and hurried to the morgue with Thing and their new copies of files and pictures. 

°°°°

"this is curious.", Wednesday commented, looking at the corpse. "The left foot is missing. It appears to have been chewed off at the ankle."

Her research was interrupted when Y/n and Thing quickly entered. 
"Have you seen a left foot anywhere?", Wednesday asked, looking towards her sister. 
She just shook her head and quickly said: "We need to hide."
"Why? Who's coming?"
"we don't have time.", Y/n said and they quickly stuffed away the corpse, then hid in the cold lockers. 

The Sheriff and the pathologist came in. 
"Appreciate you coming back to the office, Doc."
"No problem, Sheriff. Whatever I can do to help." 

They entered the room and continued talking. "Whatever or whoever is responsible for thes killings...", the elder pathologist said: "In all my years, I've never seen injuries like them."

They both were silent for a moment, before the Doctor moved on to a fridge of sorts: "I though you should see this before i issued my report on the latest victim. It's a real noodle-scatch.", he said and in the fridge, the Sheriff could see the victim's left foot.

"The killer cut off two toes from the victim's left foot.", the Doc said. "best guess, they used a surgical saw. The final autopsy report's still pending."

Sheriff Galpin shook his head in thought: Minute you're done, send it straight to my desk. Media blackout on the toes.", the sheriff nodded towards the foot. 
The doctor nodded understandingly: "Sure thing, Sheriff."

The Sheriff was about to go, when the Doctor continued: "Been a busy couple of weeks, huh?"
Galpin turned around again and nodded a little. 
"at least I'm going out in style. Friday's my last day.", the Doc said proudly. 
"Happy retirement, Doc."
"Gonna surprise Mrs. Anwar with a four-week cruise.", he smiled at the thought. Excited to trade rib shears for Mai Tais.", he joked, without getting a reaction back. "see yourself out. I'll lock up", the doc said and the Sheriff excused himself. 

Right when the Doc was about to lock up, he went to the cold lockers again and found the twins. Though, he didn't notice they were still alive: "I don't remember these two coming in. I don't think I've ever had twins at the same time in here.", he thought aloud and poked Y/n in the cheek: "full rigor. You've been dead a while. Guess you two won't mind waiting another day for me to cut you open."

The doctor left and Thing opened the girls' lockers only to have to close them for another five minutes in comfort. 

°°°°

"You guys are so crazy! I was so worried that we would get caught!", Xavier exclaimed annoyedly. "Where were you after they left?"
"well, the cold lockers remind me of my childhood.", Y/n said, thinking back to all the nice memories. 
Xavier rolled his eyes: "you know that those intruiguing comments don't distract me from the fact that I almost had a heart attack because of you two."
The girls got in the car, as Y/n answered: "well, good that we're at the morgue, then.", she put her seatbelt on and turned towards the boy, completely unhinged: "and now drive back to Nevermore if you still want to get some sleep."

"you've lost your mind, princess...", Xavier mumbled, but still started the car and drove them back to Nevermore. 

°°°°

The next day, Y/n and Wednesday were hanging up the pictures and clues on a boad, just to get the case more structured. Music was playing and the girls were having a wonderful time just the two sisters, surrounded by their most beloved topic: murder. 

That's when Enid entered: "When I suggested giving y'all's side of the room a makeover, I did not have Ted Bundy's Pinterest in mind.", she looked disgusted and shocked. 

"Still not as creepy as your stuffed unicorn collection.", Y/n simply commented, while haning up another picture of a bloody corpse. 

"Is this why you snuck out with Xavier last night?", Enid asked. 

"we may have made an unsanctioned trip to the morgue to copy the files of the monster's victims...", Wednesday said. "I don't really know why Xavier had to come.", she looked at her sister, who ignored the comment. 

"okay, there are so many levels of ew in that statement, I don't even know where to begin.", Enid said, grossed out. 

"We need to get inside its head.", Y/n said, deep in thought. "Discover any patterns or anomalies. I've already made a big discovery."
Wednesday turned to her sister, interested in what she had to say. 

"turns out all of the monster's victims have had body parts sugically removed.", Y/n took a few pictures down from the board and handed them to Enid: "the first one a kidney, the second a finger--"
Enid started panting: "Guys, I don't really feel--"
Y/n continued excitedly: " third a gall bladder...", she quickly got new fotos: "and the bearded man from the meeting house, two toes."

Even Wednesday walked towards the two: "Enid, do you understand what this means? These murders aren't mindless."

The twins turned to their board again, as Y/n continued: "he's collecting trophies like a seasoned serial killer. It's quite impressive, actually."
Wednesday nodded, as they heard a thud. They turned around to see that Enid had lost her conciousness. 

Wednesday sighed: "Thing, fetch the smelling salts. Again."

°°°°

1256 words. 
You guys, thank you sooo much for so many reads and comments and votes. It always makes my day<3 
And again, sorry that I don't update as much but it's just been stressful getting back to school and I kinda had a writers block... But I'm still continuing, obviously. 

Don't forget to stay healthy, drink your water and eat enough food and treat people with kindness<3