You Reap What You Woe 5.2

"look at this. Some things never change.", Morticia said, looking over the Quad. 

"I knew I should've worn my plague mask.", Wednesday commented in agony, as her sister returned to Enid and her.  

"would you look at my family?", Enid asked rhetorically, looking horrified. Her family was already sat at a table, though, her brothers were already causing trouble; howling loudly and scuffling. "talk about toxic pack mentality.", Enid continued sarcastically. "I give my mom 30 seconds before her judgy claws come out."

The three girls looked at one another, nobody really wanted to go, so Enid sighed. "let's get this over with." 

Y/n and Wednesday nodded and so their ways seperated, the werewolf going to her family, the twins towards the other Addams. 

"there they are...", Gomez said, looking like the proud family father he was. "oh, how we missed those accusing eyes and youthful sneers.", he pulled the girls into a hug, in which Y/n and Wednesday didn't react at all. 

"how are you, my little rain clouds?", Morticia asked. 
Wednesday answered sassily: "I thought Thing was filling you in on our every move."
Morticia and Gomez looked at each other confused and surprised. 
"we uncovered your feeble subterfuge almost immediately.", Y/n explained. 

Gomez smiled insecure: "so, how's the little fella doing? Does he still have all his fingers?"
Y/n ignored the urge to roll her eyes: "relax, I haven't snapped any of his digits... Yet."
Gomez sighed relieved as Morticia nodded with a smile. 
"so, tell us everything.", the woman said in anticipation. 

Y/n sighed: "since you've abandoned us here, we've been hunted, haunted, and the target of attempted murder."
Their parents smiled: "Ah, Nevermore, I love you so."

°°°°

When Enid walked up to her parents, her mom smiled: "Enid. Oh, let me look at you."
Enid counted the seconds- two- until her mother continued: "have you been waxing?"
"three seconds.", Enid smiled, already exhausted: "that's a personal best."
Her mother started circling around her and sniffing. "are you feeling well? You're looking a touch anemic. Have you been eating enough red meat?"
"it's good to see you too, Mom.", Enid said. "and you, Dad." 
Her father just smiled proudly and said nothing. 

°°°°

Xavier watched everything from his original space, high above the grounds, far away from the family unity. 
He sighed, still thinking about Y/n's words and his father. 
He wanted to forget the feeling of a family.
Of love.
Of a nice home. 

But he knew that it was his only wish, even though, or maybe just because, he didn't have such a deep bond with anyone yet. 
He didn't have a person that he could call his home, that he loved. 
Or at least no one that reciprocated his feelings. 

He shook his head.  

Maybe, he was just getting ahead of himself. 
The relationships with his friends that he had right now were great. 
As far as he knew, Nevermore was the closest thing to a home for him. 

Bianca's footsteps echoed from the dark grey stone floor, as she walked towards him. 
She came to a halt next to him, and so they both looked out over the Quad. 

"Not sure how much more of this family togetherness I can take.", Xavier sighed. 

"I think you skipped the part where you apologize for acting like a jerk last weekend."
"I'm sorry that you didn't get a date to the dance, Bianca. But I'm not sorry that I went with Y/n instead.", he smiled, recalling the memories.