Woe Is The Loneliest Number 2.6

The next day, everyone was already excited and getting ready for the Poe Cup.
Even Y/n and Wednesday were excited to finally be able to get back at Bianca.
And their plan was good.

"we're all set.", Enid told the girls myseriously.
"good. Thing's in position.", Wednesday told her and Y/n nodded.
"wanna tell me what you three were up to?", Enid asked.
"and spoil the surprise?", Y/n asked.
"speaking of surprises, your custumes are in the tent."
"costumes?", Y/n asked sceptically.

A little while later, Y/n and Wednesday walked out of the tent, wearing tight leather suits and ears that were supposed to resemble cats.
"OMG, you guys look purr-fect!", Enid joked. "But where are your whiskers?"
Y/n turned to Enid and told her drily: "ask again, and you'll be down to eight lives."

Soon, everyone sat in their boats, waiting for the gunshot, so they could start.

Y/n looked to her right once, seeing Xavier already smiling at her, looking her up and down once.
Enid also looked to the right, smiling at Ajax. The two boys were in the same team and dressed up as Jokers.
When Wednesday saw that the girls were not looking straight to the front she just said: "focus."
"I am focused.", Y/n said. "I just don't like it when I feel other people staring at me."
"mhm, sure.", Enid said. "or you just want to look at Xavier."
"I said focus, Enid.", Wednesday told the girl.

"what do we have here?", Bianca's voice suddenly came from the left. Her boat was gold and black. They were the Golden Bugs. Obviously.
"The runt of the litter.", Bianca mocked the twins.
"for the record, I don't believe I'm better than everyone else.", Y/n told her. "Just that I'm better than you."
Bianca's face turned into a confused one. And Xavier smiled, having heard everything.

Meanwhile, the Principal explained the rule, then it began.

Everyone started rowing quickly.
The jokers were a little faster than the black cats and hit the boat with theirs.
"oh, excuse us!", Xavier said sarcastically and sent a wink towards Y/n.

The Golden Bugs were a little behind everyone, when Bianca nodded towards a boy who was standing at the shore. He took off his shirt and jumped into the water, where he turned into a merman.
Meanwhile, the forth team, a bunch of hangmen tired decaptivating the decapitating the Black Cats.
The girls luckily all ducked right on time.

The merman quickly swam towards the hangmen's boat and pushed them against a buoy, so that the boat broke.
One team was already out of the game.

The jokers were now leading, after them were the Black Cats and in the End followed Bianca's team.

Y/n noticed a fin in the water and quickly alarmed Wednesday, who told Thing exactly what he had to do.
They had added a fishing net to the boat, that they now flung towards the merman, catching him off guard.
He couldn't get out of the net and so, the Black Cats arrived at the shore, second in place.

Two of the jokers had gone to get the flag, while Ajax and Xavier had stayed back to watch the boat.

When the cats arrived, they quickly sent Wednesday to get to the flag, the others were watching their boat.
"let's destract some Joker's, shall we, Thing?", Y/n asked the hand with amusement.
Thing quickly walked towards a log and hit Ajax in the head with a pebble stone. He then flipped him off and ran away.
Ajax quickly ran after the hand as Y/n walked over to Xavier.

"hey, Xav.", she greeted him, already feeling rediculous, but anything for the plan.
"what did you just call me?", he asked and walked towards her, getting out of the boat.
"I invented a nickname for you, isn't that okay?", she asked and bat her lashes at him, a flirtatious look on her face.
"oh, that's alright, princess. Just a little... new.", he said and looked down at her.
He once again checked her up and down, he couldn't help himself. He found she looked gorgeous. "you know, I find it rather weird that no one tried to catcall you with that outfit. You look beautiful."
She almost found herself smiling for real at the horrible joke he made.
"well, you don't look too bad yourself, Joker.", she whispered, moving closer.

His full attention was on her and so he didn't even notice that Enid had made holes in their boat with her claws.
The girl now snuck back into her own boat, just in time, since the jokers arrived with their flag and Ajax.
"I'll talk to you later.", Xavier said and got back into their boat.
The started rowing back.
The bees sadly had also made it to the shore and were now on their way to get the flag.

Y/n walked back to her boat, towards Enid, who was already giggling. "Damn, girl, who knew you could flirt like that?!"
"well, deception of people and manipulation through feelings has always been one of my hobbies."
"You've seen the looks he gave you, though, right? Xavier totally has a crush on you!", Enid said.
"well, finding love is not exactly my priority right now."