You Reap What You Woe 5.9

"Don't push it.", Y/n said, as Pugsley hugged her goodbye. 

The family had decided to just drive back home from Jericho, instead of going back to the school first. 

Pugsley let go of Y/n, as her parents approached the girls again. "well, at least we can't say Parents' Weekend wasn't a nail-biter.", Gomez joked. 

"I knew you didn't have what it takes to be a murderer.", Y/n told her dad. 

The man grimaced, before smiling anyways: "As much as that stings, gracias, my little death trap."

He pulled Y/n into a hug, before turning to Wednesday and doing the same with her. 

Gomez, Lurch and Pugsley already sat in the car, when Morticia finally approached her girls. "as I leafed through the pages of this yearbook, I was reminded of all the wonderful times I had here.", she gave the yearbook to Wednesday. 

"But they were just that: mine. You two have your own paths to blaze. I don't want to be a stranger in your lives, my darlings. And If you need me for anything, anything at all, I'm only a crystal ball away." Morticia said, before wandering off. 

She knew the girls didn't really enjoy hugs, and she respected that. 

°°°°

Y/n sighed, as the twins watched the black car drive off into the far. 

She knew what she wanted to do: go back to Nevermore. But how? She didn't have to think for long, her mind already occupied with thoughts about a certain tortured artist. 

She turned to Wednesday: "I am going back to Nevermore. I certainly had enough of family drama for the week. Do you want to come with me? The shuttle will not come for another hour, I thought I would just call Xavier from the telephone cell and ask him to pick us up.", Y/n told Wednesday, already on her way to the phone cell.
"I was gonna go to the Weathervane and get a coffee, but if you want to go back to Nevermore, please, don't feel held back.", The pigtailed girl replied. 
"okay... see you later, then.", she shot a quick wink at her sister, before closing the door of the cell.

Y/n called Nevermore Academy and was soon transferred to Xavier. 

"hello? ", she heard the boy's voice through the phone.

She felt the corners of her mouth twitch.

"hello? Is somebody there?", he sounded annoyed, when nobody answered. "If this is a prank, I swear-"
"relax, Xav. It's just me.", the girl said, her voice softer than usual.
"oh...", his voice was laced with something mixed out of shock and surprise. "do you think this is funny?"
"what is?", Y/n asked amused. 

"Enid told me you didn't come home last night. Where the hell were you?", he asked. "we were so worried! And where are you right now?"

"you were worried?", she asked confused. "about what?"
"that you had gone on a monster-hunt. Or tried to kill someone. Or ended up in a ditch or in jail or whatever you like to do on a Saturday night, I don't know!", he ranted on.

"okay, okay, I get it.", she sighed. "I'm in town by the way. I'll explain everything if you could pick me up?"
"I don't have a car.", he seemed to relax a little. 
"but Ajax's family does. You could take him with you.", she suggested. "Please, I really don't want to go to the Weathervane, I'm tired, I haven't slept all night and I want to take a shower."
"did you just say please?", Xavier asked surprised. "willingly?"
"shut up. I've had a long night, I was in jail."
"what?!"

"I said, I'll tell you everything when you come and pick me up.", she told him. 
"okay, fine. I'll come and pick you up. It'll take me 20 minutes probably though... I still need to get Ajax.", he said and she could hear him get up and walk down a hall.  
"great."
"you're gonna have a lot of explaining to do, princess.", he replied, his voice sounding grumpy.
Then he hung up.