Friend Or Woe 3.5

When the girls arrived at the old meeting house, the sun had disappeared behind clouds and it already smelled like rain. 
Birds were cawing and the atmosphere was cold and eerie, just the right thing for the girls.

The hut was actually basically a ruin, only a few wood panels that were barely even standing together. 
The girls entered and Wednesday let Thing out of her backpack, which she dropped on the floor. 
After a quick glance, the girls turned to Thing, who was already shaking his... well hand. 
"I was expecting more too.", Wednesday sighed disappointedly.  

Suddenly, a homeless old man went outside, approaching the girls from behind: "what are you two doing here, little girls?", he asked with a disgusting voice. 

Y/n turned around to him and said, unimpressed: "use the words 'little' and 'girls' to adress us again and I can't guarantee your safety."
"This is my place!", he said angrily: "Get out!"

"Thing, a hand here?", Wednesday asked, in the same unimpressed tone as her sister.  
Thing crawled up the man's leg, all the way up to his neck and started choking him. 
"hey!", he choked out, trying to fight the hand off. 
In the end, Thing let him go, and the man fled into the woods. 

The girls just started looking around for any leads or something that would conjure a vision. 
"there's nothing here.", Wednesday told Y/n and Thing. 

Thing and Wednesday argued about the way that the two girls conjured visions, when Y/n suddenly touched a piece of wood and her head shot up. 

°°°°

The girl now in her vision, stumbled outside the hut, to find a crowd of pilgrims with fire in front of a building. They had built a cyrcle around two girls, Willow and Goody. "Burn them! Burn them!", the crowd screamed. 
Y/n stumbled hid behind a barrel, so that nobody would notice her. 
"Devil spawns!", the people chanted. "Beasts! Witches!"

Although, the two fought the pilgrims, they were pushed to the floor violently. 
"stand aside!", somebody suddenly yelled. The crowd opened and revealed Joseph Crackstone.
"Goody and Willow Addams!", he yelled. "you have been judged before God and found guilty. You are witches, sorceresses, Lucifer's mistresses themselves. For your sins, you will burn this night, and suffer the flames of eternal hellfire."
"we are innocent.", Goody said. 
"It is you, Joseph Crackstone, that should be tried.", Willow exclaimed angrily. "we were here before you, living in harmony with nature and the bative folk. But you have stolen our land."

Goody continued: "you have slaughtered the innocent! You have robbed us of our peaceful spirit!"

WIllow slowly let a dagger fall into her hands from the inside of her sleeve: "YOU are the true monster! All of you!", she exclaimed and stood up along with her sister. She cut Joseph Crackstone's cheek with the blade but before the girls could to more damage, some pilgrims held them down again. 

Crackstone touched his cheek once, then looked at the girl angrily: "the Devil ne'er sent such a demon." He slapped her once. "And I will send you back!"

"No! No!", the girls screamed as they were pushed inside the house. 
Before they closed the doors, Y/n went inside too. 
"you are the abominations in the Devil's girp. I will not stop till I have expunged the New World of every outcast! Godless creatures!", Crackstone yelled, then they closed the doors. 

Under Crackstone's commando, they set the house on fire, with many people in it, all of them accused to be sent by the devil. 

Everybody inside, except for the girls, was tied up with chains, there was no escape. 
WIllow and Goody, saw their mother, who begged them to run away. 
"Run. Avenge us! Find the others and save our future!", the mother told the girls. "please, my sweet lambs. Run! Run as fast as you can!", she begged. "you girls are our only hope!"

And so the girls started running towards a wall, for their escape. 
Y/n had difficulties to follow them and started coughing from all the smoke that was inside the hut. She didn't think she could die or get hurt in a vision, but it all felt so real! 

Quickly, she followed the girls outside, still coughing. She was surrounded by smoke, when suddenly Willow and GOody approached her. 
"He won't stop until he's killed us all!", Goody yelled. 

The girls looked behind Y/n scaredly. "he's here.", WIllow said. 
Y/n turned around quickly and saw Crackstone marching towards them threateningly, his stick in one hand. 

He bowed down to Y/n and said directly in her face with a mad smile on his face:

 "there will be no escape for you."

°°°°

766 words