Friend Or Woe 3.4

Two hours and three more coffees later, Y/n was still busy serving customers.
Sometimes Tyler would come and check up on her and sometimes Xavier would even walk over towards her, rescuing the customers from Y/n's grumpy mood.

For example, when Y/n needed to serve a group of teenagers, who were too annoying and indecisive, Xavier had to step in once again.

"do you think the pink-rainbow-milkshake is a good choice?", a girl asked Y/n after five minutes of changing her order constantly.

Y/n simply replied annoyedly: "do I look to you like I would drink something that already sounds like you should just kill yourself?"

The group all looked shocked at the remark.
Thankfully for them, that's when Xavier showed up.
"I'm sorry about my colleague here, she's in a bad mood today.", he said and slightly pushed Y/n behind him, which wasn't even hard, because he was so much taller than her.

"what can we get for you? And yes, the milkshake does taste good.", he said with a loose smile, turning back towards Y/n in a 'that's how you do it' kind of way.

She rolled her eyes, ignoring the sudden strange urge to smile back at him.

Wheen they both took a break at the counter, since no new customers had arrived, Xavier decided to tease her.

"you do realise that you're making them feel bad and taking away their fun? You're a killjoy., Xavier said with a knowing smirk.

"I would act like I am actually offended by that but I don't really care.", Y/n replied and went towards the espresso machine for another coffee.

Xavier quickly held her back with grabbing her wrist. "oh no no no, you're not drinking any more coffee, little one. Your heart's probably already about to have an attack or commit suicide because you drink so much caffeine."

Y/n turned around, for once actually listening to him, and mocked: "who's the killjoy now, Thorpe?"
"touché.", he said with a slight smile.

Y/n got back to one of the tables, when Wednesday walked in, towards the counter.

Xavier spotted her first: "I thought you were supposed to be at Pilgrim World.", he said, leaning against the counter as she walked towards him.
"I deserted it, while my sanity was still intact.", Wednesday answered.
"oh yeah?", he asked. "you want a coffee? It's one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment. You should've seen your sister. Is she like... addicted?"
"to caffeine? Basically. That's one of the things we have in common. But no, I don't want coffee right now. I'm actually just here for Tyler and Y/n."
He scoffed: "I told Y/n already but she won't believe me, so I'll tell you: he's bad news."
"who we speak to is our business, isn't it?", Wednesday asked, then she rang the bell, causing Tyler and Y/n to come towards her.

"Wednesday. Finally.", Y/n said almost excitedly.
"you rang?", Tyler asked.

Xavier scoffed, turned to Y/n once, then rolled his eyes and walked away.

"want the usual?", Tyler asked.
"and some help.", Wednesday told him, then sat down in a booth.

While Tyler made her a coffee, she filled Y/n in on what she had found out at Pilgrim World.
How the girls from Wednesday's vision were their ancestors and had defeated Joseph Crackstone once.
How Goody and Willow, the two girls, had written a book about a few magical spells, and how it had been stolen.
And how the original meeting house, where Goody, Willow and Crackstone had fought once, was in the woods.

"we need to visit it.", Y/n said.
"obviously, that's why we need Tyler.", Wednesday answered, just when he arrived with her coffee.
Wednesday took out a map. "you know the original meeting house, the one from the 1600s?", she asked. "do you know if it's still around?"

"what's left of it is out in Cobham WOods, but it's pretty much a ruin.", he replied confusedly.

"show us.", Y/n demanded flatly, to which he raised his eyebrows, but still, he pointed at a certain spot on the map. "uh... there. But, look, it's kinda skechy. Squatters and meth heads use that place as a crash pad. My dad has it cleared out every couple weeks. What's this about?"<
"Nothing.", Wednesday answered and folded the map again.

Now even Xavier moved closer, listening concernedly.

"you guys are really becomming obsessed with this monster in the woods thing.", he stated with a slight smile.

Y/n rolled her eyes. "would you rather we develop an obsession with horses and boy bands?"
Xavier chuckled a little, causing Y/n to turn towards him for a second.

"thank you for the help", Wednesday told Tyler and was about to go, when Tyler quickly grabbed her attention again: "hey, listen, the ruins are kinda tricky to find. I could take you guys this afternoon. My shift ends at 2."

The girls turned around again and Wednesday replied: "Principal Weems would hang, draw and quarter us if we miss the big statue dedication. And as enticing as that sounds, we'd prefer to keep a low profile."

"besides, we know our way around the great outdoors.", Y/n commented.

Xavier moved closer towards the girl and asked with a smirk: "don't tell me you were a Girl Scout."
Tyler seemed as courious as Xavier.
"I could eat Girl Scouts for breakfast.", she answered smug, looking up at him. "actually, we have an uncle who went to prison for that."
Xavier's smirk disappeared as Y/n turned towards Tyler again. "see this as my big lunch break."

She threw another glance at Xavier, then the two girls were on their way to the old meeting house. 

°°°°

899 words. Hope you liked the Xavier and Y/n parts ;)