Woe What A Night 4.4

It was Xavier's voice, right behind her. 
She turned around towards him, being taken off guard. She thought he had already left to get back to the school.  
Damn it. 

"Xavier, hello.", Y/n said quickly. 
"What are you doing?"
"Nothing.", she lied: "I just saw you come out this way. What is this place?"

Xavier looked towards the hut once, then back down at the girl: "It's kind of my private art studio. I cleared it out and fixed it up, so Weems let me use it."
"How very entrepreneurial. I would love to see inside.", Y/n replied. "Why don't you give me a tour?"
He slightly shook his head in surprise: "not right now. It's a total mess."

"I shadowed a crime scene photographer last summer.", the girl replied. "I'm not easily fazed."

"Maybe another time...", Xavier said, when suddenly Y/n heard a meow and looked down at Xavier's feet. 
There was in fact a black cat. Immediately, Y/n felt her nose tingling. She sneezed once, looking at the beast that was curling up against Xavier's feet.

"since when did you have a cat?", Y/n asked feeling her eyes getting glassy. She had a horrible allergy to cats. 
Xavier looked down at her worriedly: "what do you mean? I don't have a cat."

"but what about the cat right- oh... nevermind.", Y/n said and sneezed again, having a stare contest with the cat. It was a ghost cat.
Just wonderful, cats could be ghosts too? 
So far, she hated her new ability. 

"...are you okay? Do you have a fever?", Xavier asked, looking from his feet to the girl staring at it.

He was about to feel her forhead for a possible fever, when Y/n snapped out of it and turned to him again: "don't touch me. And I don't have a fever."

She looked down towards his feet again only to find the cat gone. It was a ghost. 

She shook her head and looked up again as the guy asked: "Why were you looking for me anyways?"

"I uh...", Y/n thought about a good excuse. "I wanted to go over the homework Ms. Thornhill gave us."

"she didn't assign any homework. Because of the ball.", Xavier shrugged. "Remember?"

"right. Uhm...", that was the moment when Y/n realized she had made a mistake. 
"why are you really here, Addams?", the boy started to smirk. 

"uhm... well I...", Y/n stuttered, not knowing what to reply to somebody for the first time in her life. Why did that boy have such an effect on her? 

"is this about a certain dance that makes you want to stick needles into your eyes, perhaps?", Xavier smirked. 

She had fucked up. 

"I'm all ears.", he smiled a little. 

But maybe, Y/n could make the best out of it. Sometimes intentions melt in the fact of unexpected opportunity. If this was my chance to get up close and personal with a potential serial killer, how could I refuse?, the girl thought to herself. 

Y/n decided to play it cool. "you're not gonna make me ask, are you?"

"oh, I certainly am.", Xavier said. 

What a sardistic asshole. Was he ever so attractive?, Y/n quickly dismissed that thought. 

"would you... Would-- Would you possibly consider going to the Rave'N dance with a certain...", she shot him a look, wishing they could kill, so she wouldn't have to do this.
Xavier just smirked.
"Would-- would you go to the ball with me?", She felt like vomiting.

He chuckled: "yeah, I'd love to go to the ball with you, princess. I thought you'd never ask."

Neither did I. 

"good.", she sighed: "good.", then she forced a smile on her face.

"I'll see you later, Addams.", he said and smirked.

Y/n walked away, shaking her head. She was lowkey disappointed in herself. This had gone in the total wrong direction. She didn't even want to attend this dance. Even less with a date. 
Suddenly, she also had new powers? Xavier had a crush on her? She didn't really believe Enid because she just was dramatic but... what was happening? 

°°°°

Enid squealed and jumped up and down when Y/n told her roommate and her twin sister the news. "Oh my God! Y/n Addams is going to the Rave'N! My whole world is tilted! You know what you need?"
"A bullet to the head?", Y/n asked, her sister smiled. 
"A dress.", Enid giggled excitedly. 
"I already have one.", Y/n replied. 
Enid shook her head: "Not the one you showed up here in! That thing was a fashion emergency not even lightning could resuscitate. Thing, back me up here.", the Werewolf turned to the hand. 

Thing just gave a thumb up. 

"seriously? Who's side are you on?", Y/n asked. 

"You need something that screams, 'first date. Stand back, bitches! I have arrived'". , Enid squealed again. "And I know just the place!"

°°°°

"What kind of dystopian hellspace is this?", Y/n asked, looking at the store only about thirty minutes later. 
Her twin looked like she needed to vomit. 

The store basically screamed 'cupcakes and rainbows' with it's pastel colors and pink decorations. 

Enid giggled: "our first roomie shopping spree! The dance committee's suggesting all white to match the theme, but that's not gonna fly with us."

Y/n turned to her twin: "we have more pressing business than to worry about a dress for a dance I don't even want to attend."

Enid looked kind of sad: "But I thought we were bonding."

A few other Nevermore students approached the store, apparently they also knew Enid. 
"I feel, we'll only slow you down.", Wednesday said. "You're a gazelle. We're wounded fawns. Cut us loose and go run with the pack."
"Are you guys sure?", Enid asked. 
 Y/n nodded, and so Enid ran into the store. 

Y/n and Wednesday, decided to walk around town together. 
"By the way, Wednesday, I have a new ability.", Y/n told her sister. 
"really? What is it?", her sister sounded curious. 

"when I was stalking Xavier, I saw Willow. I've been seeing her for the last days, without having a vision. She told me that because I was the crow in our bloodline, i could see ghosts. Not always, but just as coincidentally as our visions occur. It mostly has something to do with places that I go to or objects that I touch when I see them.", Y/n explained. 

"that sounds fascinating."

"maybe I should visit the cypt again, now that I can see ghosts and actually talk to them. You know the place where you had your first vision with Willow and Goody.", Y/n suggested. 
"that's actually a good idea.", Wednesday replied. 

"we're gonna go to Galpin now, right?", Y/n asked. 
"yes, and we're not stopping until-", Wednesday stopped talking as the girls came to a halt in front of Uriah's heap, the antique store.
In the window sill were two dresses neatly hung, and for everyone to see. 
They looked beautiful. 

Suddenly, the store's door opened and their therapist stepped out. "Hi girls.", she smiled at them. 
"those dresses will certainly turn some heads."
"are you collecting more exotic trinkets for your office?", Y/n asked disrespectfully. 
"Those are souvenirs from my travels.", the woman told her, containing her smile. "That's how I step outside of my comfort zone. Speaking of which, are you two going to the Rave'N this weekend?"
"We're not required to answer your questions out in the wild, are we?", Wednesday answered with a question. 

"I look forward to talking about it at our next session.", the therapist smiled even wider. 

Y/n rolled her eyes, and the girls left quickly, heading towards the police station. 

°°°°

1248 words. You guys I thought I was gonna love woe what a night, but it's gonna be such a looooong writing time. I could cry... 

But also, I was kind of sick and I was having a writers block again and I also have a lot of stress with my exams right now, so I'm sorry for not updating and it's gonna take a longer time for me to update in the future too, I think...

Anyways, stay positive, drink and eat enough and don't forget to treat people and yourself with kindness <3