Chapter 1: Best Friends!

A/N: So, this is my second fanfiction, the first was pretty good, at least I think it was. This story takes place after the Metal Virus ended, just so you know. All characters in this story are portrayed as 18 or older unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Y/N pov:

I'm sitting at an outside table at a coffee shop, sipping on my drink and looking at my phone. Things have been pretty quiet since the Metal Virus ended, but I kinda like the quiet. I look up as I hear cheers of joy. I see one of my best friends, Tangle the Lemur swinging from lampposts, signs, and whatever else her tail can wrap around.

She's one of those friends you'd never see yourself making friends with today, but it works out because we've known each other for so long. Her and Jewel the Beetle are pretty much my only friends, we've practically known each other since we were all kids.

I talk to other people, sure, but sometimes others are a bit too much, and I have to take a break to be by myself a while, though Tangle hardly ever let that happen, she used to follow me around like a poodle, usually trying to cheer me up

Recently though she's been gone, to help the Restoration in their efforts. I'm glad she's finally getting the adventure she's always wanted, but I've missed her a lot.

I've always had a mini crush on her, but it was amplified when she wasn't around anymore.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as she lands in front of me. "Hi Y/N!" My eyes light up as I see her. "Hi Tangle! H-Have you been ok?" I stand up and smile to her. I want to hug her, but I don't know if it would be too wierd. She answers my question for me as she wraps her arms around me. I hug back, it still feels really good. "It's been great! I've finally gotten an adventure for myself! It was so awesome!" I look at her and smile wider. "I'm glad your happy. I was about to head to the museum, wanna come with?"

She quickly nods her head, I turn around to grab my coffee, but I see she's already grabbed it with her tail, holding it in front of me. I smile and grab it, and we head off to the mineral museum. Once we get there, we see Jewel laying her head on her desk, surrounded by paperwork. "Jewel!" Tangle calls to her, and her head jolts up. "Tangle? You're finally back!" She quickly stands up and hugs Tangle tightly.

"Hi! How have things been?" Jewel asks her. "It's been great! I missed you guys a lot though!" Tangle turns to me.

"Y/N, c'mon! Group hug!"

I smile and join in the hug, eventually we separate, and I look at the paperwork on Jewels desk. "I told you I could help with that..." she looks at me and smiles. "I couldn't! I know how horrible your job is." "Yea, but it pays well." Tangle looks at me in surprise.

"You? Y/N L/N, getting a job? I Never thought I'd see the day!"

I blush and look at her. "Yea, I'm the IT manager at the tech company outside Central City." She smiles. "Cool! How's that going?" I frown slightly. "It's alright, my boss is a bit... overbearing, but it pays well, so I can't complain too much." She smiles and hugs me again. "Well, i'm really glad your doing well for yourself!"

I flinch a bit, but I smile and hug back, then I have an idea. "We should hang out tonight, to celebrate your return!" They both smile at that. "Oooh, just like old times! We can watch movies, eat snacks, tell stories about our lives!"

She keeps naming things off, her tail wrapping around her, showing her excitement. "Maybe just... the movie and snacks?" Jewel suggests. "Ok! I'll just... save the other stuff for later."

"Alright, you guys come to my house in an hour, and I'll go out and get some snack foods." They both nod, and I walk out, the happiest I've been in recent days. I'm so excited to hang out with them again!

Just like old times, right?