Chapter 30: Remembrance.

Tangle pov:

A/N: Once again I have to thank the man, the myth, the legend, Alan-Bars for a recommendation on where the story should go from here. Thanks bro, you a real one.

As me, Whisper and Spark get to the front entrance of Restoration HQ, the guards at the doors see us, and try to head off the robots following behind. I see Spark fly off into the building as I turn to face the robots. One of the guards gets on a radio, while the rest of us fight the robots. Since my arm is out of commission, I do most of the fighting with my tail, though Whisper tries to get me to go inside, I won't, I can't...

I can't let anyone else die...

There are so many of them surrounding us. We take as many of them out as we can, but there are too many. As we're about to be pushed back, the doors open, and we see Amy and a lot of guards come out of the doors, ready to help us fight. The battle slowly turns in our favor.

After a while the remaining Egg Pawns make a tactical retreat, all running in the same direction. I look around at all of the people around me. Doesn't look like we lost anyone in the battle. Good, I don't think I could bear it if we did. Whisper comes over to talk to me, but I just look away. "Tangle, you should go to the infirmary, get a cast." I nod, and hug her tight. She hugs back, and looks me in the eyes. "I'm so sorry... about what I said, about what's happened... if you need to talk to someone, I'm here." I nod, and hug her tighter. "Thank you...' i let go of the hug and past some guards, heading inside to the infirmary.

Once I get there, one of the doctors takes me to a computer, where he inputs some stuff. "What happened?"
"Hid in a vault to survive an explosion. The explosion sent it flying, impact broke my arm." He makes a curious noise. "That's one of the more interesting responses I've gotten, I'll tell ya that.' I look at him, very annoyed by his attempt to be friendly. "I don't really feel like talking." The doctor shrugs, and hurriedly puts a cast on my arm. I thank him and leave, heading to my room.

My stomach growls as I realize how hungry I am, but I don't care, I just wanna be alone. I open the door to my room and see Spark laying on the bed, crying his eyes out. "Spark..?" He turns to me as he hears my voice, and flies into my arms, still crying. "I know... I miss him too... B-But he'd want us to be strong for him... Strong for ourselves..." Even as I say this, trying to put on a brave face, I feel tears start to stream down my face. I tried my best not to cry in front of everyone, but now I think I'm just gonna lay down and let it all out.

As I lay down, I think about him a lot, I think about how we met, how our friendship formed, and what I could have done to save him. I just hug Spark tighter, and try my best to fall asleep, still thinking back on my life with him.

*15 years ago, in Spiral Hill Elementary.*

I'm sitting with my friend Jewel at our usual lunch table, talking and eating our food. She talks about how her English grade is falling because of the teacher not teaching them the same stuff that was on the test. I understood that completely. It feels like they don't even want us to pass sometimes. We talk for a bit more, then I look around to see a boy sitting all by himself, looking really sad. I pat Jewels shoulder, and point to him. She sees him too, and looks back at me. "Should we go and talk to him?" I nod to her. "Yea! I think we should see what's wrong!"

We empty our trays since we're done eating, and walk over to his table, and sit down. He looks up at us, looking suspicious. "What do you want?" I smile to him. "My name is Tangle, and this is my friend Jewel, you looked upset, so we wanna help!" She waves to him, and he smiles a bit, but quickly suppresses it. "What do you guys want from me?" "We... don't want anything, we just wanted to help." He looks nervous. "Nobody just does something to be nice, not to me." I pat his shoulder with my tail, and he looks at it curiously. "We aren't trying to be mean, I promise!" He loosens up a bit, and starts smiling. "My names Y/N..." "Well, It's good to meet you, Y/N!"

He continues looking at my tail. "So, what's with the tail?" I smile, and try to think of an answer. "Umm... I don't know, I was just born with it." He seems satisfied. "So, do you control it, or does it have a mind if it's own?" I smirk as he asks that. "One of life's great mysteries!" He giggles a bit at that, and looks at me, smiling. "Thanks... for coming over here to talk..." "Of course! Would you like to come to the playground with us?"

He smiles at the suggestion, and emptys his tray too. We all head outside, talking a bit. We sit on a bench, still talking. Suddenly a soda can hits Y/N in the head, and we all look to where it came from. We see a group of boys, upperclassmen who thrive on being huge jerks. "Lookie, he's finally got some friends!" One says, grinning smugly. "Please, not today..." They all laugh. "What, you gonna cry?" He turns to them, and starts talking nonchalantly.

"Listen, I really was not in a good mood today, and then I found some nice people who want to be my friends, and here you are ruining my day once again. Why can't you just leave me alone?!" They all laugh,  then quickly turn to me and Jewel.

"You two really wanna be friends with this loser?"

"Loser? What do you mean, he's great!" I stand up to defend him. "What do you mean, girly? He can't play ball, he isn't artistic, can't hold a gun straight, doesn't have the confidence for theater, he's a loser, by fucking definition!" "Oh, i bet he loves hearing idiots be so very analytic of him too!" Jewel chimes in angrily, surprising everyone. "My point still stands." "I-I'm really good with tech..." Y/N says quietly. "yea, sounds like an excuse to me."

At this point I'm really annoyed with him. "The only excuse here is your sorry excuse for a sense of humor!" He looks at me, genuinely offended. "Them's fighting words, girly, you really shouldn't do your boyfriends fighting for him!" I blush a little at the insinuation that he's my boyfriend.

"If you want a fight, you can start it, and I'll end it!"