Chapter 68: For Once, A Happy Ending.

Tangle pov:

"Tangle!"

As I look in the direction I heard his voice from, I see nothing. I stand up, and start walking towards where I think he will be. "Y/N!" As I call out, I hear running, and try to follow the sound. I can't move very fast, but I still try to follow him. "Y/N!" Down the corridors, I hear yelling and fighting. I slowly head towards the noise. It only gets more violent as I listen. Did Y/N find Mimic? I hope he's okay... I get close enough that I can hear what is being said. Mimic is just trying to make him more angry. Hang on Y/N, I'm coming!

With Y/N and Mimic:

Y/N finds Mimic in the maze of corridors, and goes into a frenzy. "YOU!" Mimic smiles. "Me..." "Where is Tangle!?" Mimic smiles even wider. "Oh, don't worry, she's nice and safe, but you wont live long enoughto see to that." Y/N sighs, and tries to run past Mimic, but he is suddenly stopped and thrown back by Mimic. "You aren't as fast as you think, boy!" Y/N is only getting more angry. He tries to run past again, only to be thrown back in the same manner. Y/N sneers, and runs at Mimic again, but this time, he punches Mimic right in the face, sending him flying. He lands on his feet a little bit away, smiling and looking right back up at Y/N straight in the eyes. Mimic can see his uncontrolled rage, as well as a lot of fear behind the emotional mask he's putting up. "I can tell that you're scared, you don't want to fight me, but now, you have to."

Y/N says nothing, and only charges at Mimic again. Mimic dodges every punch thrown with menial effort, which only makes him smile more. "You may have all this strength and power now, but you're still too sloppy to properly use it!" Mimic says, only fueling Y/N's rage even more. "WHERE IS SHE!?" Mimic laughs quietly. "All this anger will get you nowhere!" Y/N suddenly clotheslines Mimic, taking him to the floor, seemingly shocked by the action. This shock gives Y/N enough time to kick him even further down the corridor.

"YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME! YOU AND EGGMAN BOTH MADE ME INTO THIS MONSTROSITY!"

Mimic stands back up, a bit dizzy. "We made you better! And this is how you repay us?" Y/N looks even more angry, tears streaming down his face. "YOU THINK I ENJOY WAKING UP EVERY MORNING, LOOKING IN THE MIRROR AND SEEING THIS... THIS MONUMENT TO MY FAILURE!? Mimic only laughs loudly. "Oh, you're crying, how cute." Y/N yells, and charges forward again. Mimic tries to dodge out of the way, but is caught in a tackle, getting slammed hard against a concrete wall. Y/N pins Mimic against the wall, and starts to strangle him. Mimic tries to hit Y/N's hands away, but his grip is too strong.

"LOOK AT ME!" Mimic looks into his eyes, and Y/N sees that same look of fear Mimic had when they first met.  Y/N hears something that sounds like a voice to his right, but he's too focused on Mimic to care. "I WANT TO WATCH YOUR EYES GLAZE OVER AS THE-!" Y/N suddenly hears something that makes him calm down again almost immediately. He hears Tangles voice. "Y/N!" He looks next to him, and sees an extremely worse for wear Tangle. "Tangle..?" Y/N lets Mimic go, and turns to her. "You... you're okay!" As soon as Y/N steps forward, Tangle takes a stop back. "Tangle?"

Tangle looks at him, not sure what to think. "Y/N..." Y/N tilts his head at her, very confused. "What?" Tangle turns away from him, not wanting to look him in the eyes. "...Can we leave?" "U-Ummmm, sure..."  Y/N looks at her for a second, then turns back to Mimic, only to find him gone. Y/N looks at the hallway in front of him, finding himself not really caring that Mimic is gone. "Huh, he got away..."

As the two walk out of the building, Y/N stays a bit behind Tangle, trying to figure out why she's upset. She seemed to be upset at what he was yelling at Mimic. But why would she care about Mimic? He tried to kill them on multiple occasions, and he kidnapped her! It has to be something else...

Y/N catches up to Tangle, still behind her.

'Tangle?" She doesn't even turn to him. "Yea?" "A-Are you mad?" She takes some time before answering. "... I don't know..." Hearing this makes Y/N's heart ache. "W-What did I do? You can't seriously be talking about Mimic? He deserved it! He-" "It's not about Mimic! It's just... watching you do that... it's not what I... it's wierd, okay?" Tangle stops, and looks back at him. "I just... hated seeing you that way..."  "Well, excuse me if I got a little angry at the guy who kidnapped you, that's my bad." Y/N says sarcastically. Tangle responds by giving a small sigh. "Fair, I guess..." Y/N sighs, and stops her with a hand on her shoulder. "Look, I'm sorry if I scared you... I just... I get so angry, and I was scared that I would never see you again..."

Tangle looks like she's thinking. "Okay... I understand why you were angry, but just in general, you have to work on your anger." Y/N nods. "I know... I'm sorry." Tangle gives a small smile. "It's okay. Let's just go back to HQ so I can take-" Tangle starts tripping, and falls on one knee. Y/N runs to her, and pulls her up.

"Are you okay!?" Tangle nods, and keeps smiling. "I just hurt my leg while I was trying to escape." Y/N sighs. "Okay, give me your arm."Tangle shakes her head, determined to walk on her own. "I can walk, just give me a-" Y/N interrupts her. "No Tangle, please just let me help." She chuckles, and lets him help. "Fine, since you insist!" They start moving in the direction of Restoration HQ, just happy to have each other again.