Chapter 51: Devil May Care.

Rouge pov:

I see Y/N go out of the window, and hear him scream on the way down. "Holy..." I've had people get hurt, sure, but I've never... Oh my god. "CLUTCH!" I barrel into the boxes, knocking some into him. As he's disoriented, I knock the wispon away from him. Holding him by the collar, I pull him to my face. "You son of a bitch!" He smiles. "What? I did you a favor, he was dead weight anyway. Well, is dead weight."

I feel fear well up inside me, and push the button on my Earpiece. "Y/N, are you ok!?" After a bit, I hear something on his side. "No! Not at fucking all!" I feel a bit of relief, knowing he's still alive. I turn back to Clutch to see him smiling again. I'm about to search him, when I feel cold metal poles wrap around me. I'm pulled away from Clutch by... the same Egg Pawn that sent Y/N flying, how could I be so stupid! The robot holds me in place as I struggle to get loose.

I watch Clutch stand up and dust himself off. "Awww, you creased the suit!" "I hope you forget to take it to the dry cleaners." He looks at the robot. "Hold her down!" The robot does so, and holds my arm out. I see Clutch grab a wooden baseball bat, and I realize what's about to happen. "No! Aaaghhhh!" I grunt with effort trying to get out of the robots grasp, but it doesn't work. Clutch swings the bat, I feel a sharp pain in my left arm. He's broken it. I try to stifle my scream, but it doesn't stop it from coming out.

I hear Y/N in my Earpiece, "Rouge, what's going on? Are you ok!?" Clutch hears, and takes it put of my ear. "She's preoccupied at the moment." He throws it on the ground and stomps on it. I feel tears flow down my face as the searing pain overtakes my arm. Clutch gets down in front of my face. "Well, seems I got a two for one deal, I get to sell the Chao, and you!" I headbutt him. "Not on your life!" I see I made his nose bleed, which prompts a frown from him. "You don't have a say in the matter, speaking of which, where is the Chao anyway?"

I look around, also curious of where Cheese is. I never should have put him and the others in harms way like this, if he hurts them, I'll never forgive myself... I then hear Clutch speak. "Oh well, I'll find him eventually, nighty night, 'Master Jewel Thief'!" He hits me in the face with the bat, and it all goes black.

Y/N pov:

As I pull the last shard of glass out of my back, I hear Rouge screaming from the Earpiece. I push the button, hoping she's still there. "Rouge, what's going on? Are you ok!?" After a bit, I hear Clutches voice. "She's preoccupied at the moment." I'm surprised as i hear his voice. "Where's Rouge? What did you d-" I then hear loud static from the speaker. I guess he broke it. I turn the Earpiece off, and put it in my pocket. I try to stand up, but my wounds hurt to much. So I just lay there, feeling sorry for myself, probably getting hypothermia.

I then get an idea. I pull out the Chaos Emerald, and smile. "Chaos Spear!" A ball of energy appears in my hand, but I don't let it go. I sear it on my hands, cauterizing my wounds. I then do the same thing on my back. Doing my best to ignore the searing pain, I take it off my back, and cool it off in the snow. After a bit, I try to stand up again, and it hurts a lot less. The cuts on my hands have stopped bleeding. I smile and stretch, it still hurts, but it's bearable.

I'm about to head back into the window, when I see Shadow running across the rooftops, chasing a cloaked figure. The figure comes right toward me, jumping off the roof in front of me. I tackle the figure, and take off their hood. I see a platypus, who looks naturally confused. "Who the devil are you?" "John Marston." He rolls his eyes. "Charmed. Well, it's been fun, but I must go." He puts his hand up in front of me, showing some sort of swirl of red, blue, and yellow. Something in the back of my head tells me to let him go, but I push it out.

"Cool mitten, mind if I borrow it?" I try to take the glove, but he suddenly glows red, and punches me really hard with his other hand, sending me flying into a tree. Ok, did not expect someone that scrawny to pack that much of a punch. I lay there for a bit, catching my breath. Suddenly, Shadow walks next to me. "You ok?" "Oh, just fine and dandy." He offers his hand to me, so I take it, and he helps me up. "Who was that?" He shrugs. "No idea, only thing I know is that he's a problem." I nod in agreeance, and suddenly remember Clutch and Rouge.

"Oh crap, look I need your help with something." He lifts his eybrow in curiosity. "Seeing as my schedule just freed up, I'll listen." I sigh in relief. "So, me and Rouge were just up there trying to swindle some hoarder out of a piece of tech to fix Omega, and we got our asses handed to us. Now Rouge is still up there, I'm not sure what's happened to her, and now he'll be-"

Shadow suddenly pushes past me, towards the door. "Come on, I need you to show me which room it is." I'm a bit surprised that he agreed so easily. "That's all it took?" He doesn't even look back at me.

"I can't just let Rouge get herself killed."

A/N: Thank you all for over 5k reads. That's... More that the population of the small town that I live in! Now that I think about it, that is kinda sick... Sweet!