Chapter 67: Hitchhikers May Be Escaped Convicts.

Tangle pov:

I wake up slowly on a cold metal floor. I try to look around, but I can't even move. My vision is blurry, and my mouth is really dry. I try my hardest to keep my eyes open, but they're too heavy. After a bit of trying, I just go back to sleep. I hear an assortment of strange sounds in my sleep. I hear a loud thud, the falling of metal, evil giggling, and oddly enough, a catchy song that sounds like it would fit right into a 16-bit sidescroller from the 90's. Kinda catchy!

Eventually, I wake up again, and force my eyes open. My vision has cleared a 8bit, and I can make out steel bars surrounding me, and an array of pipes and meters cover the walls. I hear a quiet humming from my right, I try my hardest to sit up, but fall, making a quiet grunt as I hit the floor again. Why am I so tired?

I hear footsteps approaching, then a small chuckle. I look over as far as I can, and eventually I see someone walk into my sight. I look up to see their face. "Mimic, great." He smiles at me. "Rise and shine." I sigh and groan as I hear his voice. "Where am i?" "Dr. Eggmans old Chemical Plant." I try to sit up, and eventually lift myself into a sitting position. "They'll come for me..." Mimic chuckles. "Oh, I'm counting on it." I giggle back at him, and I can't seem to stop. "My amazing boyfriend will come for me!"

He smiles. "Are the anesthetics too strong? You said he was dead, remember?" I giggle a little louder. "You  didn't do a good enough job, he came back, and now he's gonna stop you!" He frowns, and looks down at his feet, probably thinking about what I just told him. Hahaha! I bet he's scared out of his mind right now! He stands up, and walks out of the hall. Hah! I knew it! He's getting nervous! What a loser... huh, wonder what to do now.

I slowly pull myself against a wall, and try to wake up a bit more. This is just not a good situation to be in. C'mon Tangle, we gotta get going! I try to pick myself up again, using the wall as a brace. I manage to get on my feet, and lean against the wall. When I get out of this, I'm laying in bed for a week straight! Now, i just need to walk to the bars without landing teeth first on my face. I take a deep breath, and make my way to the bars, limping and using my tail to hold myself up all the way.

I lean on the bars, and look around. Nothing but concrete walls and pipes. I look up, and see that the cell has no roof, but it's really tall. Why would you even need something like this in a chemical plant? I shake my head, and start trying to climb. As I climb, I feel my grip weakening. I didn't even make it that far, so I just let go, and land on the feet, stumbling backwards and falling on my butt. Great. This is gonna be so much fun... I take a second to catch my breath, then start climbing again. I climb much faster, trying to cover more distance before I get tired.

As I finally start getting tired, I stop to rest for a moment. I look down, and see that it's a very long way down. My eyes widen, and I take a deep breath, starting to climb again. After a long while of climbing and stopping, climbing and stopping, I finally make it to the top, I smile and laugh at my success, and take a look around. There's a lot of blue pipes... it's wierd though, looks like they were meant to double as platforms... Whatever, i'm not a construction designer, or whatever that job is called.

I start making my way down, keeping my tail wrapped around the top in case I fall. As I make my way down, I hang by one hand, looking around. Man, you can tell this place has been abandoned. A bunch of corrosion on the pipes, a horrible smell, and a bunch of pink... chemicals? Just flooding the entire place. Why did Mimic choose this to be his hideout? I get that it's out of the way, but the smell and the limitations feeling it gives me... This place would drive me crazy if i stayed here too long.

My thoughts are suddenky cut short as I feel the bar I'm holding onto break off from the structure. I try to grab onto another, but as I try, my hand slips from the bar, and it just hurts really bad as I hit it. "No no no no no no, crap!" I suddenly feel my tail reach its full length, I hear a loud POP, and it unravels from the bars as a splitting pain shoots through my tail, into my back, and down my legs.

As I hit the ground, I hear another loud POP, and feel the elbow that I tried to catch the fall with shoot pain through my arm and shoulder. I lay there for a moment, just wincing and groaning in pain. Yup, this is officially the worst day of my life... I wish Y/N was here. I slowly pick myself up, and try to move every part of my body, finding out that I can't move my left arm, or my tail very well. I just wrap my tail around my shoulder, and start following the walls. I walk for a good while, not having a clue where I'm going or how long I was walking.

After a little bit, I just lean against a wall, sliding down it into a sitting position, feeling the most tired I've ever been. "Y/N..." I say his name, hoping that he'll come to help me. I miss him so much. I wish he was here, so that he could hold me in his arms and tell me that everything would be okay. For the first time ever, I feel so helpless. I've never really wanted to be the 'Damsel In Distress' type, but I'm not so prideful to not admit when I need help. And right now, I could really use some help.

A single tear slides down my face as I think about him. He's been so hopped up on this revenge kick that he... I feel like... almost like he's pushed me to the side. I want to talk to him about it, but i don't want to make him or myself anymore upset. I'm forced out of my thoughts as I hear something that makes me perk up, and gives me a bit more energy, I smile as I hear it. I hear Y/N's voice.

"Tangle!"