Chapter 48: Just A Bit Of Misdirection.

Y/N pov:

"I'm trying to get some stuff to repair Omega."

"Omega?" I look at Tangle, hoping she'll know who it is. However, she just shrugs her shoulders. I turn back to Rouge. "Who's that?" "He's a giant robot who used to work for Eggman, but now he's with us." I think about that for a moment. "Oh... you mean the thing that's attached to the computer in the control room?" "Yea, but that's just his head.  I'm trying to get stuff to make him whole again. That's why I need your help! The guy I need to get it from is shady!"

"You're being shady!"

She sighs. "Look, he's a very important part of my team, and I need him back, Shadow is fucking useless at some times, just because he refuses to help!" She's getting very emotional, and I can tell this is about more than just stealing something. "Ok, ok, fine! I'll help! But if you take anything that you don't need to to fix him, I'm out, got it?" She nods slowly. "Alright, you drive a hard bargain."

I roll my eyes and turn to Tangle, who's gone. I look around for a bit, and look at Rouge. "I'll be right back." I walk back into our room, and see Tangle laying on the bed, reading a book. "Hey, what's going on?" She doesn't even look at me. "Nothing." I sit next to her. "There's obviously something wrong." "Why would you think that?" "You're so short answered, you're never short answered." "How would you know? You can't remember anything!" She chokes out the last word as she starts to cry. "H-Hey! It's ok! It's ok, I meant to tell you! I remembered everything last night!"

She doesn't listen, and just hugs me, sobbing into my stomach. I hold her tight for a while, and she speaks. "It's just... I just got you back... and I've wanted to spend time with you, but... now you're going to go on a trip with them, and... I just miss you a lot..." I kiss the top of her head and look down at her. "I mean, no one said you couldn't come, I could tell Rouge-" "And it has to be with her! She's gonna try to take you away from me, I know it!" I'm confused by that. "No she won't, and if she does try, we can just leave, I can move around quick now, remember?" She looks up at me, tears still pouring from her eyes. "You promise?"

"I promise!"

She smiles, laughing quietly, and buries her face in the bedsheets. "Oh my god, I can't believe I said all that stuff!" I pat her back gently. "Sometimes it's good to get that stuff off your chest." She lifts up her head and rests it on a pillow. "Yea... So, you won't think it'll be wierd if I come too?" I shake my head. "No, why would it?" "I don't know, I've never been to a resort before, and I don't really have any fancy clothes." I laugh a bit. "I've never been to a resort either, and besides, I'm gonna be wearing jeans and a band tee, I don't think you have to wear a three piece suit to get in."

She laughs again and sits up. "Wait, you said you remembered everything right?" I nod. "Alright then, tell me something you remember." "Well, I remember Whispers story about how her team died." Tangle nods, and looks a bit sad. "I remember that I used to live with you and your parents after I left my parents house." She nods again, and I smile as I remember something really embarrassing about her. "I remember back in high school, you fell asleep in math class, and when you woke up you had red marks on your face in the pattern of your jacket sleeve, so for a year everyone called you-"

"Ok, ok! You remember... you'll also remember we promised to forget about that."

"Yup, just messing with your head!" She smiles and pulls me down, so she's on top of me. "You know, it's not very funny for you to tease me like that-" We suddenly hear a knock on the door. "C'mon Y/N, we gotta go!" It's Rouge. I look up to Tangle and smile. "We better pack quick!" She nods, and we pack our things quickly. We head to the entrance, where we see Rouge, Amy, and a little girl I've never seen before. After a bit of convincing Rouge to let Tangle tag along, we all get into her car and start driving to the lodge.

On the way there, I'm harassed by the little girls Chao. It flies to me and starts speaking loudly. "Chao Chao!" I look at it, confused. "Hello..." The little girl finally speaks up. "Cheese likes you!" I chuckle a bit. "He does? I hadn't noticed." The girl laughs too, and introduces herself. "My names Cream!" I smile to her. "I'm Y/N." "Oh, you're Miss Tangles boyfriend!" I nod. "The one and only."

Everything's quiet for a bit, then suddenly, "Are you ever going to get married?" Everyone in the car falls out laughing, except for Tangle, who's trying her best to cover up a blush. I try to compose myself, but I end up just laughing harder. After a little bit it's all quiet again, and I decide to crack a joke.

"You know, I would tell you, but I haven't gotten an answer myself."

Everyone laughs again, if not a bit quieter. I see Tangle is still hiding her face, I giggle and hug her tight, resting my eyes for a little while.