Chapter 2: Movie night!

Y/N pov:

I head to the store, trying to remember what snacks Tangle and Jewel like. I get a fair few things, some popcorn, chips, the ingredients to make pigs in a blanket. I see some cheez-it boxes, and get down a box of the regular ones and the extra toasty ones, and I sit there for a few minutes, trying to remember which ones Tangle likes more. I can't remember which ones she likes... dangit, need to remember... And then it hits me like a freight train...

Why am I stressing over fucking crackers?

I end up getting both, and get a few other snacks, then I check out and head back home. When I get there, I unload all the groceries, put the pigs in a blanket in the oven, and start cleaning up around the house. It's not exactly dirty, but I really want to impress Tangle with how far I've come since we were kids. After about 30 minutes, the house is as clean as I have the willpower to make it, and I still have about 30 minutes until they arrive. I lay on my couch, set an alarm for 25 minutes from now, and take a nice nap.

Before I even fall asleep good I hear a knock on my door. I jolt up and look at my phone. Still 10 minutes until my alarm goes off. I groggily stand up and head to my door. I open it and see Tangle on the other side.

She smiles as she sees me. "Hi Y/N!" I smile too. "Hi Tangle, you're early." She chuckles a bit. "Well, I was excited to see you! Can I come in?" I blush as I realized I've left her out In the cold. "Y-yea, come inside! I-im sorry." She comes inside and sits on the couch. "It's ok! I was joking! I see you still need to work on saying sorry over everything." I rub the back of my neck. "Yea, it probably wouldn't hurt." There's a knock on the door again. I open it and see Jewel on the other side, holding some snack foods.

"Hi, I brought some things." I smile and let her in. I take out my collection of movies, and set them in front Tangle and Jewel. They eventually settle on a movie about a clown dressed in red spandex with katanas. I pop it in the blu-ray player, and I go back to the kitchen to get the pigs in a blanket out of the oven. I smile as I see they're a perfect golden brown.

"The foods ready!" I set them on the counter and get some plates out. Tangle is the first to come in, and she looks at them hungrily. "They look really good!" I smile and look at her. "Thanks, at least my cooking has improved a bit." She takes a plate and grabs half of them, and walks away happily. Me and Jewel chuckle and split the remaining pigs in a blanket.

By the time we get back to the living room Tangle has already eaten half of hers. "Cmon guys! This is gonna be fun!" Jewel sits next to Tangle.

I sit on the opposite end of the couch from them, scared they'd find it weird if I got too close.

Tangle looks over at me. "Dude, stop being weird, I don't bite!" She pats the space next to her. I figuratively deadpan, then scoot closer to them, and start the movie. We watch for a while, stopping for snack breaks every once in a while. After we finish it we start the second movie about a clown wearing red spandex with katanas.

About halfway through, Jewel falls asleep, and Tangle looks really tired. I pause the movie and turn to her. "You can take my bed if you want." She looks at me. "What about you?" I look at a recliner beside the couch. "I'll probably just lay in the recliner." She looks concerned. "Won't that be uncomfortable?" "You have any better ideas?" She looks at the floor, then back to me.

"We could share the bed... like when we were kids..."