Chapter 27: On My Own.

Y/N pov:

As I open the door to me and Tangles shared room, I see she has sat up, and is cradling Spark in her arms. "Tangle?" She looks up at me, looking the most happy I've seen her in a while.

"He's so precious..."

I laugh and sit next to her. "Getting attached already?" "Yea... I love him, he's so affectionate!" I smile even wider and kiss her cheek. "Well, we have to go and get Mimic, remember?" She looks like she only just remembered. "Oh yea! Here, let me get ready!" I nod and stand up, then realize something. "I'll go ask Amy for the info." She nods back, and I go to leave the room, when Spark suddenly flies to me. "Hey bud, wanna come with?" He nods, and we head back to the control room.

I try to speak to him a bit on the way. "So, Amy said that I can keep you!" He looks happy at that. "You know, now that I think about it, I probably should have asked when I was up here the first time..." I facepalm, and we continue to the control room. When I get there I see Amy, now just looking at the screen, biting into a cookie. It's then that I realize I haven't eaten all morning, oh well, it'll be fine.

It's not the first time I've went without.

"Miss Amy, do you have any more information on where Mimic is?"  She looks at me, then looks through the computer for something. "Oh, yea, we caught him on Spiral Hill CCTV about seven or eight hours ago, heading for the outskirts of the city. The only thing out there, in that direction is an old Eggman Bunker, so that must be where he is." "Right, thanks, I'm headed out now!" She looks concerned.

"Just bring someone with you! You can't take him on your own!" I give her a thumbs up and head out. I immediately forget what she said and start heading towards the door. Spark looks at me with a concerned glance. "What? I'm not gonna fight him all by myself, I'm just gonna scout the place out! " He looks a bit better, but still worried. "Listen, you'll be with me, and I'll text Tangle letting her know where we've gone, alright?"

Spark looks satisfied, and nods. I text Tangle, telling her where I'm going, then me and Spark leave Restoration HQ. "You ready?" Spark nods, and I take my Lightning wispon off my belt loop, and he pops inside. I begin running to the bunker.

Tangle pov:

I've just put on the last of my gear, and I'm on my way to the cafeteria to get some breakfast, when I get a text from Y/N. He's on his way to an old Eggman Bunker, and that Mimic will probably be there. I ask him why he left without telling me, and to wait until we get there to go in. I head to the cafeteria, a bit quicker than before. When I get there I quickly grab some eggs, toast, and choccy milk. As I sit down to eat, I see Whisper and her wisps enter the room. They walk over to my table and sit with me as I eat. "Morning" She waves in response. "Where's
Y/N?" "Went off to scout a bunker that could be where Mimic is." I say, trying to hide my shaky voice as thoughts of what could happen to Y/N race through my mind.

She looks a bit concerned, and stands up. "Does Y/N usually do more that he says he will?" I hesitate before answering. "...Sometimes." She picks up her wispon, and the wisps pop into their capsules. "We need to follow him, Mimic is dangerous, he can't take him alone." I'm getting more anxious by the moment. "I know... let's go." I quickly throw what I haven't eaten away, and head with Whisper to the entrance of HQ. We head in the direction Y/N said in the text. As I look at it I see he hasn't texted me back. I call him, hoping he'll pick up.

No answer.

I try to call him again.

Once again, no answer.

I'm looking at Whisper on the verge of tears. She looks almost as anxious as i probably do. One more time. Please... pick up. He picks up, and I hear his voice on the other side. "Hello?" I feel a wave of relief wash over me, but at the same time I'm a bit mad at him. "Why didn't you pick up!?" "I had my ringer off, just in case." I sigh, and ask another question. "Why did you leave without telling me?"

"Technically I did tell you."

"You know what I mean!" He takes a minute before answering. "I knew you would try to stop me..."I'm just worried about you being all alone in enemy territory, I'm... I'm afraid you might be in over your head!" "Tangle, I'm not even near the Bunker itself, I'm on a cliff overlooking it, and besides, I-." He suddenly stops talking, and I hear him moving around a bit over the phone. "What are you doing?" He speaks in a quieter tone. "I see Mimic, he's going into the Bunker."

I feel panic course through my veins, and try to stop him from doing what I know he's going to do. "Y/N, do not try to follow him!" "I won't, I'm just getting a bit closer." "Y/N, don't, wait until we get there!" "You'll be here before I get inside, I'm ending the call so he doesn't hear us, I'm on my own for now!" "No, Y/N-!" He ends the call, and I look at Whisper, only to see her running ahead of me to the Bunker.

I quickly catch up, anger and frustration at Y/N, and fear and panic at what could happen to him mixes in my brain as an adrenaline rush surges me forward. I eventually catch up to Whisper, and she turns to me, I see she now has her mask on. "He was expecting a weakling, now Mimic knows what he's up against, won't be good if we don't get there soon." I feel my panic rising with every step. I naturally respond with something a bit less rational.

"I swear to God, if he isn't dead when we get there I'm going to kill him!"

A/N: There we go, now that's a lot more words than usual, my friends!