Chapter 25: Defensive Line.

"We grew up learning to cheer on the underdog because we see ourselves in them." -Shane Koyczan

Y/N pov:

I wake up feeling Tangles body warmth, it feels so nice. I open my eyes, and see her so close to me I can count her individual hairs. I pull out of her grasp, and decide to go get some breakfast. I get dressed and head to the food court. I walk down the long hallways filled with soldiers, and people groggily getting up for work. On my way there, I pass by the firing range, and I hear some commotion from inside, a man yelling, and a wisp making... wisp noises. The wisp sounds scared, and angry.

I walk inside and see the same wisp I used yesterday, dodging a soldiers attempts to grab him. "C'mon you stupid wisp, get in there!" The wisp turns, and sees me standing in the doorway. As he sees me he immediately flies over and hides behind me. The soldier gives me a glaring look, then walks up to me and tries to grab the wisp again, but I stop him. "That's enough, man." He looks annoyed, and tries to grab it again. "Stupid thing won't listen!" I grab his arm, not being gentle.

"Get. Away. From. The wisp."

He looks scared for a moment, but then swings at me, punching me in the face. I stumble backwards, and caress where he punched me. I see the lightning wisp look at me, terrified. I feel my anger rise, and my vision turns red, but I can still see somehow. I start giggling, just how I did when I attacked Mimic. I look up at the soldier, only to see he has a huge smug grin on his face. I smile as i see it. "Feeling confident? Good... "

"I intend to break you down."

I yell loudly and lunge at him, he's too slow to dodge it, good, he has no way of escaping. I punch his face over and over again, smiling as I see blood fly from his nose. I realize that I'm way too happy about seeing this guy hurting, but I don't care, I just want to get him back for hurting my friend. I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I feel someone grab my arms, restraining me. They pull me backwards, and I look at who it was.

I see it was a sheep, she has her hair up in a bun, but it doesn't take away from her threat. "Calm down! Take some breaths, and collect yourself!" I look to her, to the soldier, then back to her. I start to calm down, I see the soldier on the ground, clenching his bloody nose. Once again, I find myslef smiling as I see it. I stand up, and find it hard to remember what happened.

I see the soldier get up and walk away, and I do the same. I walk to the wall, and sit against it. As I do, I see Whisper enter the room. "Whats going on?" She asks, looking rightfully confused. I point to the soldier and the Sheep, still out of breath.

"Making new friends..."

I turn to the right as I hear the lightning wisp yelling again. Me and Whisper both see the wisp getting grabbed by another soldier. Before I can even stand up, Whisper is already running towards them. "Stop! You're hurting it!" The soldier freezes in place as she hears Whispers voice. She quickly turns around and hands the wisp to Whisper, who walks to me with it, looking nervous.

So Whisper has a pretty strong voice around here, how ironic. Or maybe she's just too intimidating for anyone to say no to.

Yea, probably that last one.

As I look at the the lightning Wisp in her arms, I see that he looks at peace, and looks at me happily as he sees me. He flies out of Whispers hands and clings to my arm, making small noises. "Hey bud, I'm happy to see you too..." Whatever he said makes Whisper laugh. He looks back at her, looking annoyed. She giggles quietly again, and her wisps come out of their capsules, speaking to the wisp clinging to my arm.

I gently pull the wisp off my arm. "I have to go for a minute, but I'll be right back, I promise!" He sadly nods to me, then get up and walk to the other side of the room, trying to find the sheep who broke up the fight.

I wanted to apologize to her for what had happened, and see if we could maybe even be friends.

A/N: Thank you all for over 2k reads! This book is getting popular, and I can't say I'm complaining!