Chapter 6: Undue Stress.

Y/N pov:

I head my work and hesitate to go to my bosses office. I talk to a few of my co-workers and tell them what i'm about to do. "Honestly you should, it'll be good for you." One says. "Noooo! Then I'll get promoted and have to deal with it!" Another says. The other one is looking away, rambling about his... grandmas... pinky toe? What the hell... After speaking to them I slowly head to my bosses office and look her dead in the eyes.

"I'm putting in my two weeks notice."

She looks up at me, almost dumbstruck. "What?" "I'm quitting." "Why?" "Because of everything you've put me through this past year and a half!" We argue for a bit, but then I just leave to go do my work, not even bothering to tell her to piss off.

For the next week, I was put through the wringer, horrible hours, docked pay, and even threats of violence. After about a week and some advice from my friends, I just went home one day, and didn't come back. That night, I found a new tech job that was actually pretty close to Spiral hill. The pay wasn't nearly as good, but the benefits were decent, and former employees say it was great, so I jumped at the opportunity. Now i have an interview in two days. Regardless of how well my job hunting was going, I was pretty stressed and angry. And didn't want to be around anybody. However, Tangle and Jewel just so happened to show up, to 'congratulate' me. I let them in, even though I really don't want to talk to anyone.

"I'm happy for you! Have you found any more work?" Jewel asks. I look at her as I respond. "Found something that may be what I'm looking for." She looks happy. "Good!" They feel the need to stay for a long time. They talk for a long time, i try to make light conversation with them. Eventually Tangle says something that makes me exceptionally angry. I don't know why it did, I knew it was harmless and she was only joking, but it made something snap inside my brain. "You know, I don't think all that money was worth it, dealing with her." I stand up and look at her.

"Well, some of us don't get taken care of by the people at the Restoration, some of us have to work for a living, but you didn't think about that did you? As a matter of fact I know you didn't, because your head is so far up in the clouds, you think that life is all sunshine and rainbows, well it isn't, some of us have to deal with these things, and we don't get to punch our problems!"

She looks at me, she wasn't expecting me to say that. "I-i'm sorry... I didn't know... you were so upset..."

"Well, let's take a look at the context clues, shall we? I just quit a horrible job, working for a horrible person, and I have to wake up tomorrow and get prepared for a new one, so yes Tangle, forgive me if I'm a bit upset, or were you too up in the clouds to realize that as well!?"

I don't realize what I've said until after I've said it, but I don't really care at the moment. She stands up and walks towards the door. "Well excuse me for trying to help!" She walks out the door and slams it shut. "What was that!?" I hear Jewel say. "That... was... I don't know, I don't really care right now anyway, I just wanna be alone and think it through." I can practically hear her roll her eyes at me. "Alright, but you go apologize to Tangle, she's just trying to make you feel better."

"I know... just... please go away..."

She nods in understanding, then leaves. I collapse onto the couch, and try my best not to think about how upset Tangle probably is.