Chapter 4: Relaxation Who?

Y/N pov:

Walking out of my work building, I hear my boss yell behind me. "L/N! Come here for a moment!" I sigh and walk back into the building. Standing in front of her. "Yes..?" She looks down at me as I look at her with drooping eyelids. "There's something I need you to do over the weekend." This was nothing new, and she would probably give me a bonus at the end of it, so I didn't think anything of it. "What is it?" "There's a board meeting coming up on Tuesday, so I need you to make a fashionable and presice presentation on our sales and income by Monday, got it?"

I feel my heart sink as I know there's no getting out of this, even if I try.

"That's not part of my job description, and besides, I've already worked 10 hours of overtime this week." She looks upset at this resistance. "Well, there's no one else to do it, and your resume says your certified in Microsoft PowerPoint, so it's part of your job now." I look at her in disbelief. "I don't know all those numbers, and all the people who do know them are probably already at home, and won't check there computers until sunday." She smiles. "Well you better get on it quick!" I'm getting angry at this point.

"I teach people how to fix computers and manage their projects. Making presentations is well below my pay grade. Besides, I've spent two hours longer than I have to here every night for the past two weeks, just so i can manage the agregious amount of work you put on me. And now you want me to do even more work!? That isnt even my job!?"

She smirks and walks away, leaving me in a state of dismay. As I start walking home I think about what I have to do.

I have to contact multiple higher ups who hardly ever respond to anything and ask them for the yearly income and expense statistics, make a 'fashionable and precise' presentation, and probably ghost my best friend who just got back from the Restoration, all in a weekend! How fucking wonderful!

When I get home I throw my things on the couch. I get in my laptop and immediately start working, I Email some higher ups at the company, asking for the statistics. I look up and see the clock, it's about 9:26 P.M. I go through multiple style choices, Email them to my boss, and they all get swiftly denied. After a few more iterations, she finally likes one of them, and I start typing out some of the meaningless text that nobody reads on a presentation anyway. Nobody has Emailed back with numbers, and it's already 2:14 A.M. Maybe I should go to sleep for the night...

I lay down on the couch and quickly fall asleep, absolutely exhausted. I'm woken up later that morning by a call from Tangle. I pick up the phone and answer, the sleepiness in my voice apparent. "Hello..?" "Hey sleepyhead! You doing anything right now?" I open my laptop and look at my Emails. I have 17 new Emails... 15 of which are from my boss, asking for updates. "Yea... really busy..."
I look at the clock and notice it's nearly noon. "I'm sorry, I have to go." Tangle sounds a bit sad. "Ok... well, later then?"
"Sure..." I quickly hang up and Email my boss back. 'Sorry, was asleep, I'm on it now.' I get a reply almost immediately, one that I could have went without seeing this morning...

'Well be quicker!'