Chapter 55: Tangle's Day Off.

Tangle pov:

"Mimic escaped from Prison Island..."

Y/N says nothing, he just lays back down, sighing. "Lovely... I'll be able to help tomorrow." Whisper looks a bit surprised at the reaction, but shrugs and turns to leave. "Find me in Westopolis, I'll probably be at the coffee shop... I hope you feel better soon." He nods, and before she can leave, her wisps pop out of their capsules and wave to us. We wave back, and they all leave. "Bye guys!" After he speaks, I hear Y/N sigh, and I look over at him. "Not again.... it won't happen again." I sit with him and hug him.

"It won't happen again, we'll both make sure of it, right?" He nods, and gently tries to push me away. "C'mon, you'll get sick!" I smile and let go of the hug. "Fine, I'll be back, just get some rest, ok?" He nods, and I walk out of the room, closing the door behind me. I sigh as the door closes. "How am I supposed to keep him safe when all of these people are out to get him?! What did he do to deserve this!?" As soon as the words leave my mouth I realize where I am. I look around and notice multiple people staring at me. I smile nervously, and quickly walk towards the control room. I wanted to check on her, I haven't seen her since we got back from the resort.

As I get there, I quickly look around for Jewel, and find her at her desk, which had considerably less paperwork than the last time I saw it. She looks pale, and kind of sickly. "Hey Jewel, you doing better since the attack?" She nods, and stands up from the desk. "Yes, I'm just trying to get all of these reports done." I nod, and act like I know what she's talking about. "You should really take a break, I haven't seen you in days, and you look like death."

She smiles and shakes her head. "It's what has to be done... I haven't slept right in days, that's why I look like this." My eyes widen. "Dude, you need some sleep!" "I will, just as soon as all of this paperwork is done." I facepalm, and put my hands on her shoulders. "You need sleep, if you don't, it inhibits your thinking, and you'll make mistakes." She thinks for a second, then shakes her head again. "N-No! I need to get all of this done!" "Alright how about this, you go get some coffee and a snack, and I'll hold down the fort, ok?" She hesitates, but finally just sighs and walks towards the door. "I'm coming right back though, ok?" I smile to her. "Ok!"

As she leaves, I look at the paperwork on her desk, looking for any dates on them. Eventually I find one, and read the fine print on it. 'Null and void if not presented within a week of receiving.' The paper was dated yesterday. She always dates papers as soon as she gets them, so that she can keep up with due dates and stuff. And that paper was one of the older ones she has. Most of the other papers were dated today. So she had more than enough time to do all of this, she just wants to get it done now. I understand, but you need a break every now and again. I sigh in realization. "Good lord."

"All of my friends are workaholics..."

As I say it, Jewel walks back into the room. "What was that?" "Nothing, just, I still think you should get some sleep." "Tangle, we just went over this..." "yea, but I just looked at them, and I saw that you have plenty of time to to do all of them, the most time restricted one is this one,and you have a week to do it! A week, for this one sheet of paper, you can take a break Jewel!" She looks like she doesn't know what to say, and looks like she's surprised by my forcefullness. "Ok... I guess you're right..." I walk up to her, and hug her. "Look, I'm sorry, I just don't want you killing yourself over this, ok?" She nods, and she turns away, opening the door for me.

We walk out and turn to each other. "You always do this, making sure I'm ok, and things like that." "Well, I have to repay the favor somehow, you and Y/N were always looking out for me when I got hurt, especially when we were kids." She smiles. "Well, we have to help each other out you know?" I smile and hug her. "Yea we do!" Eventually we let go of the hug, and she looks at me happily.

"Thank you Tangle." I smile to her. "My pleasure!" I turn and walk towards my room. As I get there, I quietly open the door and look inside. I see Y/N sleeping peacefully, Spark is still sitting above him, but he's fallen asleep as well. I smile and quietly walk inside, grabbing my adventure gear, and leave the room again, heading to the training room. It wouldn't hurt to polish off my skills. Besides, if Y/N and Whisper want to go on a vengeance trip then I can't just sit back and let them get themselves killed.

As I make it to the training room, I find it relatively empty. Good, so I won't have to watch out for anyone else. I go to a seperate room, and change out of my clothes, put on my adventure gear, and start setting up targets. The entire time, I can only think to myself, how is Y/N going to react when he sees Mimic again? If it's anything compared to the fear he put into Eggman, Mimic might want to stay in prison next time. I find myself chuckling at the thought, but them another thought enters my mind...

Is what Y/N did really a good thing?

I mean, sure, he's much more confident, and can take care of himself better... but what if he's becoming numb to his emotions..? No! That can't be true, if it were, all that happened last night wouldn't have happened, he's the same Y/N I've always known and loved! As I finish setting up the targets, I feel myself getting really angry. This is all Mimics fault, he's the one who set up Eggman to take him from me! Well never again! This won't happen again, I'll make sure of it!

"I promise... I'll never let them take you from me again!"