Chapter 23: Traumatic incident.

“Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.” ― Jack Thorne

Y/N pov:

When we get back to HQ, we all go to one of the restaurants, and we get some food and drinks. We sit down, and start eating. I notice Whisper is eating really slowly. I feel a tap on my shoulder, and look to my right to see Tangle holding some food up to my mouth with a fork. "Have some." I smile and politely decline. "No thanks, I've got enough." "Pleeeeeaaaase? I wanna do the stupid romantic thing!"

I sigh and bite the food off her fork, blushing. She looks happy, and I do the same to her. She blushes brightly, and takes the food. I smile and kiss her, to which she responds by putting her head down, groaning. "That's what you get for trying to embarrass me." "S-Shut up! Why do you do this to me..?"

I see Whisper smiling at out antics, maybe even giggling. Her wisps look pretty amused too. After a while, we're all done, and Whisper looks up at us. "Ok, I'm ready to tell you..." We sit up straight, and listen.

"His name is Mimic, and he used to be part of a mercenary team, one I was a part of, called the Diamond Cutters. We were an Anti- Eggman mercenary team, we ran ops against Eggman, took contracts, sold scraps, y'know, all the fun stuff."

She shows us a photo of her, Mimic, and a couple of others. The wisps look at the picture in sadness and disdain.

She looks so happy in the photos, what did Eggman do to her..?

She suddenly takes off her mask, pushing some buttons on it, and sets it down in front of us. It shows a video f Mimic tricking the other mercenaries, so they would walk into a trap. The video shows them being ripped apart by androids that look like Shadow the Hedgehog.

The video then cuts to Mimic cutting a deal with Eggman, and then to Mimic trying to find Whisper. After the video ends, I look up to Whisper, who has tears streaming down her face. Tangle suddenly hugs her, and she hugs back. I join in the hug.

"I'm sorry for what I said..."

"It's ok... you were angry, I was angry too." The wisps join the hug too, their light shining bright between the three of us. After a while, we separate, and I look to Whisper. "We can go ask Amy for more information if you want." She yawns. "Later, I want sleep." "Alright, I'm gonna go, I'll be back." They both look at me with an odd glance. "Where you going?" Tangle asks. "Just looking around." "Oh, ok." I walk away, in search of something interesting.

Tangle pov:

I watch Y/N as he walks away, a bit concerned. I turn to Whisper. "Did you see the way he fought back? He looked... almost like he was enjoying it!" "Yea... it was definitely weird." "...it was kind cool though, seeing him finally fight back for once." She smiles to me. "Well, I'm just interested in how he scared Mimic, I've never seen him run from a fight, or even look scared, so what your boyfriend did, it left an impression." I smile as I think about Y/N finally getting the adventure he wanted.

"Alright, I'm gonna get some shut eye." She waves, the wisps make happy, unintelligible noises to me, and then we part ways. I head to my room, and see that Y/N isn't there. I lay down and decide to text him "where are you?" I get a text back shortly. "In the armory, I'll come to the room soon."

I smile, and just look at stuff on my phone. After an hour, he hasn't come back. I start getting a bit worried, but I don't think much of it. One hour turns to two, two to three, three to four. At this point, I'm really worried. I look at the clock, and see it's 3:37 A.M. I decide to get up and go look for him, slightly annoyed. "Y/N L/N if you're off doing something stupid then I swear...

I swear I'm going to kill you, when I find you...