Chapter 14: Each Life Makes Its Own Immitation.

“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” — Dr. Seuss

Tangle pov:

I wake up hearing a loud banging on my door. I hardly want to get up, let alone speak to anyone right now. "Tangle? Are you home?" I hear Jewels voice from outside. Maybe if I'm quiet she'll think im not here. "Tangle open the door, I know you're in there." No you don't, you don't know at all, just leave, I think to myself desperately. "Tangle, I remember where your spare key is!"

Dammit...

I hear the door unlock, and Jewel steps inside. "Tangle, why didn't you open the door?" I don't even look at her. "Go away..." "Tangle, being stuck in here in here is not healthy."

"You know why I'm in here, you know why I'm upset, and don't flatter yourself pretending you don't..."

"Ok, fine, listen, I'm sure he'll be fine, you just need to have some faith." She sits next to me, and I look up at her. "What good will faith do? You were walking back when he stumbled out of the house, you saw how bad it was." She frowns.

"you know, having no faith in his survival is practically telling death to take him."

My eyes widen. "N-No it isn't!" "Well don't you want him to pull through?" I feel tears brimming in my eyes. "Y-Yea..." "Well then, when the hospital opens, go and be with him." I nod, and I feel the tears fall down my face. "It's ok, you can let it out." As she says that, I take that as it was said, and hug her, bawling into her shoulder. It's ugly crying as well, but I don't care. She hugs me and pats my back. "It's ok... He'll be fine, he's safe now, and so are you." I slowly calm down, and pull away from her. "Thanks..."

We hear another knock on the door. I get up and open the door, and see it's Whisper, she has her mask off, and her wisps ar looking at me as well. "Tangle?" I smile to her, my eyes red from crying. "Hi Whisper!" She waves, and looks a little concerned. "You ok?" I wipe my eyes. "Yea, I'm better now, I just had to let it all out I guess." She smiles, and I take the opportunity to hug her. She looks a bit upset by it, but she eventually smiles and casually pats my arm.

I let her go, and look at the time. The hospital opens to visitors in about 20 minutes, so I've got some time to kill. "You wanna come in and hang out for a couple minutes? I can make some breakfast!" She smiles and nods, walking inside. As I walk into the kitchen to make some food, I see her wisps float to Jewel, who is happy to see them. "Oh! Hello again!"

I make your average breakfast, bacon and eggs. No matter how much I make it, bacon will never get old, it is timeless. After I'm done I bring out three plates of food and set them on the table. "Get some while it's still hot!" We all sit down and eat together. We all talk and laugh while we eat. Well, less so for Whisper I guess. After a while we're all done, and I take their plates to clean them. As I walk to the kitchen I hear them talking.

"So Whisper, what do you do for a living?" "Mercenary." "I see, is it relatively dangerous work?" "Sometimes." There's a long pause. "You're not much of a talker are you?" "No." The wisps laugh quietly at that.

I laugh a bit too, and walk back out to them. "Well I'm going to the hospital, you guys wanna come too?" Whisper shakes her head. "Busy." Jewel gives a thumbs up. "I'm worried about him too."

We all head outside, me and Jewel say goodbye to Whisper. We head to the hospital, while she walks in a different direction with her wisps following slowly behind. As we walk, me and Jewel talk about what we'll do when
Y/N gets out.

I can honestly say I'm a bit more confident about Y/N's situation now.

A/N: Thank you all for 1k reads! That's a big number right there, my friends.