Chapter 52: The (Not So) Great Bat Caper.

Y/N pov:

As I lead Shadow down the halls of the resort, I sense he's very angry. He obviously really cares about Rouge, I just hope she's OK. "So... how do you and Rouge know each other?" He takes a bit before responding. "We both used to work with Doctor Eggman, I was using him to get the Chaos Emeralds, she was using him to get information for G.U.N. We went on a few missions together, and I grew attached." "Oh... Wait I remember reading about that online, didn't you fall back to Earth after defeating the giant lizard thing?"

Again, he takes a bit before responding. "Yes, Rouge found me in a stasis pod afterward, which was guarded by Omega. We all eventually came to an understanding, and we set off to find Eggman as a team." I smile. "Well, that's nice... What do you mean she found you in a stasis pod? If you fell all the way back down to the planet, wouldn't that kill you?" He also smiles.

"For a while I didn't have any recollection of my past life, and so I set off to find out who I was. I was told many things by many people. Rouge told me about what happened before she found me, so I went back to Eggmans flagship to see for myself. When I arrived I found multiple rows of me. Well, android copies of me, anyway." I take a second to think about that. It lines up with Whispers story, how her team was killed by Shadow androids. "So, she found you in a pod, then you found androids of you in pods... Does that make you an android?"

"Doesn't matter, I'm still me."

I shrug at that. "Fair enough, so... Why are you telling me all of this, we just met." He lets out a small chuckle. "Rouge trusted you enough to take you on this mission, that's good enough for me. And besides, if I don't tell you, she will." "Ah, I see." I smile, and we continue down the halls. Eventually we make it to the room, and I stop him. There's a noticeable light coming frim the peephole. "This is the room." I whisper to him. He nods and stands still for a moment, then jumps up and rips the light bulb above us from its socket, making the hall darker. I'm confused over what he's doing, but I let him.

He then knocks on the door, and waits. The light from the peephole goes dark, and Shadow kicks the door open. The door hits the same robot that knocked me out the window, knocking it back. He then charges into the room, yelling. He kicks the robot, and it flies against the wall, breaking into small pieces. "Wow..." I look around for Clutch, Rouge, and the Chao, but I can't find them. I assume that Clutch went out the window, so I keep searching for Rouge and Cheese.

Eventually I find a cage full of Chao, including Cheese and the one I comforted earlier. I quickly break the lock and let them out, to which they all charge out, leaving the room. I smile, and look back in the cage to see Cheese and the Shadow Chao still inside. I pick up Cheese, and pat the other Chao's head. "See? I told you he'd get what's coming." He smiles and climbs on my shoulder. "Chao Chao!" I smile and carry them across the room, where I see Shadow, kneeling over an unconscious Rouge. "Why do you insist on doing these things..?"

I walk up to him."Is she ok?" He nods. "She's alive, but she's hurt... bad. We should get her back to her car, she has a Frst Aid kit in the trunk." I nod, and help him lift her up, then we carry her to her car. On the way, I look at Shadow. "Wait, what about the tech you guys needed to fix Omega?" He smiles and holds up what looks like a computer chip. "Five steps ahead of you." I smile as well, and we continue to Rouges car.

Once we get there, Shadow sets her against the door, and gets the First Aid kit. I set the Chao's down next to her, and turn to Shadow. "Ok, I'm gonna go get the others... Unless you need help?" He shakes his head. "Go find them, we need to leave" I nod, and run back into the building, searching for the others.

I look through out the building, checking the main room, the racetrack, the gift shop. Then I head to the second floor, looking around, since I've never been up here before. After a bit I find a food court, and see Amy and Cream sitting at a table. I walk to them and sit down. "Hey, how's it going?" Amy smiles to me. "It's going fine, how did it go?" I sigh. "Less than optimal." She frowns. "What's going on?" Cream looks nervous. "Is Cheese ok?" "Yea, just... some things happened, and... Rouge got hurt."

Amy quickly gets a concerned look on her face. "What happened!?" I sigh, and explain what happened. After which both of them look a bit sad. "We should have been there to help, we should have-" I shake my head. "It's ok, all is fine now, we just have to make sure Rouge is ok-."

A pair of hands suddenly comes over my eyes, and I hear Tangle speak. "Guess who!" I smile. "Someone beautiful, I presume?" She giggles. "Correct!" She uncovers my eyes, and sits next to me. "So, how did it go?" I explain the situation again, this time with a bit more pep in my step. "-And we have to go, before anything else happens."

"Right! C'mon Cream, its time to go." Amy tells her, grabbing the Rabbits hand. We stand up to leave. We head into the main room, and head towards the door, until we hear a loud rumbling. I turn to the others, confused.  "What, is that?" They shrug, and I look out of a window where the noise is coming from. I see a large pile of snow, falling down the mountain. "Oh crap... Run!" We run across the room, and to the door. Amy and Tangle run out, while I look back and notice Cream. She's just standing there, watching the snow quickly approach. I sigh and quickly run to her, picking her up and running back to the door.

Before I can make it, I hear the glass window shatter behind me, and the snow pile in. I put Cream in front of me to minimize damage to her, and feel the freezing cold snow crash into my back, knocking me into something.