Chapter 9: After All These Years.

A/N: The image above is my second attempt at making gmod scenes, tell me if it's good, or any constructive criticism you may have!

Tangle pov:

"Tangle, will you go on a date with me, please?"

There they are, the words I've wanted to hear for years. I don't know why, but i feel... scared? Like if I say the wrong thing, I'll lose him forever. I don't know what to say, I can't say anything. I see he's trying to speak to me, but I can't hear it. He... he loves me? He actually loves me!

I'm forced out of my thoughts as I'm shaken violently. "Tangle? You ok?" I look at him, blushing. "O-oh, I'm sorry, y-yea! I'll go on a date with you! Thank you!" I try to contain my excitement, but it's not working. He laughs at me quietly. "So, since tomorrow's Saturday, would you like to go then?" "Yes! Of course!" He smiles and hugs me, I hug back, feeling the happiest I've felt in ages.

He pulls away and kisses my cheek, making my entire face turn red. "See you tomorrow~" He walks out of the museum, leaving me not sure what to do. Jewel is laughing loudly, I've never seen her this amused by anything.

"Wow, that was... wow! It's like the two of you just switched personalities."

I'm still not quite sure what to do, I hold my cheek where he kissed me. After a while I snap out of my shock. I turn to Jewel, and we talk for a bit about what just happened. "I didn't think he could ever be that smooth." Jewel says, almost sounding impressed. "Y-yea... I'm still not sure that just happened, this has to be some sort of weird wet dream, he just... it's everything I want... just layed out in front of me. It's almost too good to be true."

She laughs, and we talk for a while longer, then I go home. I see Y/N has texted me. 'You doing alright?' I smile and text back. 'You didn't have to embarrass me in front of Jewel! >_<' 'yes I did, besides, I know you liked it.' I blush as I read that, he's right, I did.

I liked it a lot...

'Shut up, you're so mean.' We continue talking for a bit, then we both fall asleep, excited for tomorrow.

I wake up the next morning still as happy as can be. I make a quick breakfast and turn on the TV. I watch it until it's time to get ready. Even with doing other things here and there, and trying to keep myself entertained, time seemed to be going by extremely slow. It was agonizing. After what felt like an eternity, It's time, and I head up to my room to get ready.

I wonder what I should wear, would he like something more fancy, or maybe something casual... crap... I eventually decide to go for something more casual, and I head back to the living room. He should be here any minute now.... any minute now... it's still taking so long for time to pass.

After a bit I hear a knock on the door, I open it and see Y/N, wearing clothes a bit nicer than what he normally wears. "Hey Tangle!" I hug him. "Hi Y/N!" He hugs back gently. "You ready?" I nod quickly, and we head out, we go into a restaurant that has a few people, but not too many, as well as a bar. We sit down, and talk while we wait. I tell him about my time in the Restoration, about all my friends, mainly Whisper the Wolf, I think they would get along pretty well.

"Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it!" He says, smiling. I suddenly remember something."Oh, we're having a party tomorrow to celebrate the end of the Metal Virus, you should come!" He smiles even wider. "Sure!" My smile fades as I think of something else. "Hey, where were you, during the Metal Virus?" He laughs a bit. "Here, losing my mind worrying about you." I laugh a bit back. "Well, the worry was warranted I guess... you got infected?" "Only at the very end, but it was still scary. I thought I was going to die without ever seeing you again..."

I see him starting to tremble a bit. I grab his hand, rubbing his palm with my thumb. "Hey, it's ok now, we're here aren't we?" He calms down. "Yea, I suppose it is." After a bit longer, a waiter comes and asks what we would like to order. I order a hamburger, and he orders some fried fish, F A N C Y.

After a while, we get our food and drinks, and I begin eating quickly and maybe a bit messy. I guess it was a sight, since Y/N laughs and decides to tease me about it. "Well, not very ladylike~" I smile and look up from my food.

"Well, I never said I was a lady~"

We both laugh and continue eating. After a while we both finish, I sigh, content with myself. Y/N looks at me. "You want any dessert?" I slowly shake my head. "I don't think I got any room left." He laughs and stands up, then helps me out of my seat with a hand.

As we walk out he pays for the meal, despite my protests. Walking down the street, we walk past an arcade, I stare at it in a tempted haze. Y/N looks at it too. "I remember this place, we used to sit out here wishing we had money for tokens, right?" He asks, I nod in response. I kinda wanna go inside and play some of the games, but he'd probably find it wierd. "You seem interested to go inside." I blush a bit. "Isn't that a b-bit childish?" "I guess it is." I frown. "That's not very gentlemanly."

"I never said I was a gentleman."

It's silent for a bit, then I fall out laughing. After a bit, he laughs too. After a minute of continued laughter, we calm down and walk into the arcade. We play for a little bit, ignore the odd stares we got every once in a while, when we get done, we trade in our tickets for miscellaneous things, such as erasers, and little robot action figures.

We leave and head to my house, I'm holding on to Y/N's arm tightly all the way there. "This date has been amazing!" I say, kissing his cheek. He blushes in response. "Yea, well, do I have what it takes to be your boyfriend?" I smile and put my finger on my chin. "Let me think about it..." He looks at me with a look of actual worry, does he really think I would say no? After all that? "Yes! Of course silly!" I hug him tight, and he hugs back, looking really excited.

Once we get to my house, we lay on the couch together to watch TV. He holds me tight, laying his head on my chest. I pat his head gently. "You were teasing me a lot today, but now you're so clingy, why is that~?" He sounds tired as he speaks. "I don't know..." I giggle and kiss his forehead. "Get some sleep dude." His grip lessens as he falls asleep. I smile as I see how cute he looks. "I love you so much..." Soon enough, I fall asleep too.

A/N: Didn't mean to make this chapter as long as it is, that just sort of happened, so sorry about that.