Chapter 19: Getting Comfortable.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger--but recognize the opportunity." -John F. Kennedy

Y/N pov:

It's just a shed...

"Is this some kind of joke?" Tangle smiles and goes inside the shed, beckoning for me to follow. "C'mon, I'll show you something cool!" I follow her, and look around the shed. Nothing in here seems that cool, just regular shed stuff. "So... what's next?" Tangle smiles and pulls down on a tool rack. The floor suddenly starts descending. As we descend, cold concrete walls with barren lighting surround us, making me a bit anxious.

"U-Umm... is now a bad time to mention I'm claustrophobic?"

She looks at me, curious. "You are?" "Y-yea..." I start breathing quickly, becoming more and more stressed. Great, already I'm showing traits that are most certainly not what and adventurer should show. I suddenly feel Tangle's arms close around me. I hug back, and feel the stress melt away as though it were never there at all. "T-Thank you." She smiles and kisses me. "Anytime!" Eventually the elevator stops, and I see a huge open room, with what looks to me like a large open market.

I see Whisper by the elevator, she came by the house a couple of times while I was recovering, but I always got the feeling that she didn't like me very much.

But that's fine with me, she doesn't have to like me.

She whispers something to Tangle, then leaves off in the other direction. Tangle then turns to me. "Ok, follow me!" We walk through the large area. I see a food stand, a barber shop, a clothes shop, a game store, just about everything you could ever need. It reminds me of those huge jumbo malls you would find in the big cities. We walk through, and I look at all the stores and people.

There's so many more people than you would find in Spiral Hill... maybe the same amount of stores, but... it's really loud too... oh boy...

Maybe this was a mistake after all...

We get to the control room, and I see all of the people who most only see videos and pictures of on the internet. It's honestly kinda cool! I stay back as Tangle talks to them, I couldn't join the conversation, I'd be a nervous wreck. The person Tangle is talking to, a pink hedgehog, smiles and waves at me, I wave back with a nervous smile. I saw her at the party, but she was one of the few people Tangle didn't introduce me to. But she seemed to hang around Sonic quite a bit.

Tangle eventually walks back to me, smiling. "C'mon, I'll show you our room!" I smile and follow her to there. When we get there I see a large metal door that wouldn't look out of place in a maximum security prison. The thought of being locked inside makes me a bit uncomfortable.

I walk into the room with Tangle anyway, and see a small room with walls of brick. A single bed hardly big enough for two people, a nightstand, and a dresser are all that populate the room. We set our stuff on the bed and look at each other. "Can you please unpack a bit? I need to go talk to Whisper."She asks, looking unphased. I nod, and she leaves the room.

As she walks out I begin unpacking, mostly just getting clothes out and putting them into the dresser. Not even a few minutes in and I'm freaking out about how tight of a space this is...

What a great adventurer I'm gonna be...

After a bit of packing and putting away, Tangle comes back, looking happy. "Hey, Whisper needs me to help her with something, will you be ok by yourself?" "Umm, actually no, I don't think so, I think I should come with you!" I say quickly. She looks at me with tense, squinted eyebrows. "Really? No, this could be dangerous."

"Sitting in this room could also be dangerous."

She facepalms. "What's your point?"

"My point is that I could die from anything in here as easily as i could out there, a pipe could burst, and I die from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, the roof could collapse and crush me, someone could sneak in the room and slit my throat while I'm sleeping, my point is, life is dangerous. And besides, why is it ok to put yourself in danger, but not me?"

She blushes and tries to look upset, but it quickly fades. "I hate it when you do that... Fine, you can come." I pump my fists in the air, and hug her. "Thank you!" She hugs back, her face in my chest. "We have half an hour before we have to leave, let's relax." I nod, and we both get into bed, cuddling each other.

"Would you mind if I took a little nap? It was a long walk." She smiles and nods her head. I lay my head on her chest, and quickly fall asleep after thinking for a bit.

I wonder what could be so important that Tangle and Whisper have to go..?