Chapter 65: Priorities.

Whisper pov:

As I limp through the woods, I look around for any sign of Tangle or Y/N. The wisps float around me. They're talking to each other, maybe even talking to me, but I'm not listening. After a bit more walking, we get to the edge of the woods, and I see Y/N trying to start the truck. He looks at me, and looks upset, almost angry. He gets out of the truck and rushes to me. "Where's Tangle!?" I'm confused by his question. "I... don't know..." Y/N rushes past me into the woods. I raise my arm to stop him, but he's too fast.

I sigh in defeat, and walk to the truck, sitting against it. I feel the burning pain in my stomach getting worse. I see the wisps crowd around me, so I put on the mask to talk to them. First, Blue speaks up. "Are you okay!?" I shake my head. "No... not at all." I then hear green to my left. "You need to get back to Restoration HQ, you won't last long like this!" I lean my head back onto the truck. "I'm aware..." I close my eyes slowly, and start to drift off. Sleep will probably help, I'm so exhausted. This has all been way too much. As I get comfortable, I think of Y/N, Tangle, Sonic, Eggman, Mimic...... all of them, making me rethink everything, wondering if this is even worth it anymore... If I go... prematurely, Y/N will just finish Mimic for me, so maybe... maybe I should just let it happen...

...

No! I have to keep going, for the wisps, Tangle, Y/N, and the Diamond Cutters. The time will come when I will meet them again, but not today, not like that. What would they think of me if I took the cowards way out? No, I will die honorably. Suddenly, I feel something touching me, and trying to shake me, but I don't pay it much mind.

I'm suddenly then jolted awake by something shaking me even harder. As my eyes focus, I see it's Y/N. "Get up!" He narrows his eyes as he sees me wake up. I struggle to stand up, and look up at him. He helps me up, and helps me into the truck. "What's going on?" He doesn't seem to want to look me in the eyes. "Where's Tangle?" He sighs, and speaks in a booming voice before closing the door. "Not right now!" I sigh, and try to get comfortable in my seat. As he gets in as well, he tries to crank the truck again. As he does so, he speaks again. "Tangle's gone. I can't find her in the woods, and she isn't picking up her phone."

I do a double take, and start freaking out in my head. Wondering where she could be, what happened to her, and who did it. I also notice that Y/N doesn't seem to be showing any emotion at all, despite the situation. "She's missing, and you aren't freaking out at all!?" I see him close his eyes, and he takes a deep breath. "Shut. Up. Whisper." I look at him with a frown. "Do.... Do you even love her?" I only notice what I've said after I've said it. I regret it almost immediately, and feel my heart sink as Y/N looks at me with pure rage in his eyes.

"What did you just say?"

I can't find the words to answer, all I can do is stare at him. He sounds calm, but every other aspect of him says otherwise. He just looks away, takes a deep breath, and finally starts the truck. As we take off, I feel my guilt eating away at me. I look at him, then to the wisps, looking for some encouragement, though they look as nervous and clueless as me. I look back at Y/N, and eventually start to speak. "L-Look, I'm sorry for what I said, I know you-" I stop as I see a tear roll down his cheek. "I know you want to make me feel better, and I know I'm probably not reacting to this the way I should be, but right now, I just need you to shut up, and let me think!"

I listen and nod. I look back at the wisps, and I see that they look a bit shocked by Y/N's outburst. I sigh, and decide to just sit back, and close my eyes again. "Don't fall asleep." I hear him say. "I know, but I'm so tired..." "I don't care, if you fall asleep, I'm slapping the hell out of you." I sigh and lay my head back on the seat. "You really need to work on your bedside manner." He sighs. "You want the nice guy who lets you die, or the mean guy who makes you live?" I laugh a bit. "How about the nice guy who makes me live?" He sighs and shakes his head, and I laugh again, feeling a bit woozy.

After what seems like forever, we finally stop, and as I try to look around, I see that my vision has blurred quite a bit. I try to get out of the vehicle, but I can't even find the door handle. I turn to where I think Y/N should be, but all I see is some dark squiggles where he should be. "Y/N?" I see the squiggles move around a bit. "What?" "I don't feel very good..." I hear a door open, and some yelling that I can't make out, as well as the wisps making their wisp noises. I look out of the window on my side, and see some figures coming towards us. I then hear Y/N talking to me. "Hey, are you about to pass out?" "I... maybe?"

I hear some walking, then the door on my side opens, and a hand grabs mine. "C'mon, I've got you." I feel the wisps also help me up as he pulls me out. As I try to stand up, my entire body gives out, and everything goes black.

A/N: Sorry for being an absent father, had some riches to go gamble away, maybe some milk and chewing tobacco to buy. Anywho, I would like to thank Alan-Bars for some really neat fan art! This is his interpretation of the Y/N character.

Pre-upgrade:

Post-upgrade:

Post-upgrade:

Post-Upgrade (No marking):

I think these designs are great, and the art is very well made

I think these designs are great, and the art is very well made. Thanks Alan, you're a real one!