Chapter 38: Drowning.

Tangle pov:

I walk back to the bar where Amy is sitting, and sit back down next to her. I grab the drink I ordered and immediately down it. Amy looks at me, concern written on her face. "You alright?" I nod, and order another drink. "Tangle, seriously, you have to tell me what's going on." I sigh and look at her. "I'm hallucinating about my dead boyfriend now, so I'm hoping alcohol will ease it." Confusion overtakes her face. "Hallucinating?" "Yea... I saw Y/N... when I was coming out of the bathroom... and I know that isn't possible..."

I point to where I saw him, and she follows my finger to where I'm pointing. "You... saw him? I thought you said-" I down the next drink and look at her. "I know what I said!" She's taken aback by my tone. "Alright... maybe you should sleep on it..." I nod. "Sure, just a few more." She sighs. "Tangle, you really shouldn't drink this much... Do you think he would want to see you like this?" I put my head down. "Stop..." "You know, she's right."

I look up, and see it's the bartender speaking. "Why do you have to shove yourself in the middle of this?" She chuckles quietly. "I'm just saying, liquor is barely ever the answer." I sigh loudly. "Then why are you a bartender?"

"It pays really well, and I get to meet some interesting people."

I giggle and stand up. "Alright... Whatever, I'll go home..." the bartender and Amy smile and wave to me as I walk away. I head into the bathroom, change into my normal clothes, and head back to HQ. as I get there, I immediately head to my room and take a shower. Washing the ocean scent out of my hair, I wonder what me seeing Y/N could mean. Am I really hallucinating? Did Mimic escape..? I should call Tails after I get out of the shower.

I finish up cleaning myself and get out of the shower, wringing out my tail. As I dry off I grab my phone and dial Tails' number. After a bit, he picks up, sounding tired. "Hello?" "Hey, I know it's probably just me being paranoid, but is Mimic still there?" "Gimme a sec..." He's silent for a bit, so I take the time to get dressed. After a bit of the silence, he comes back to the phone. "Yea, he's still here." I sigh in relief. "Good..." "What's going on?" I sit on the bed as I think of how to say it.

"I... saw Y/N today... I was at the beach and saw him leaning against a pole. I looked down for a second then back up, and he was gone." Tails is silent for a moment. "Ummm... I'm an engineer, not a doctor, you'd have to get that checked out by someone, maybe look up what grief can do to people." "Yea... thanks Tails." He laughs, and we both say goodbye. I lay down in my bed, in which Spark is already asleep. I think he's taking the loss harder than I am... I hold him close to my chest, and quickly fall asleep.

*The next morning.*

The next morning I wake up and quickly stand up, leaving Spark in the bed. I head outside, and suddenly feel the weight of many days worth of hunger bear down on me. "Oh... Shit." I make my way to the food court, and get some fried chicken. I sit at a table and quickly begin eating. I was so quick to start eating that I didn't realize there was someone else at the table, a tall, relatively chubby guy, typing away on a phone. I wave to him, and he nonchalantly waves back. "Hello, how are you?" "...Hungry." He snorts in amusement. "I can tell." I roll my eyes and keep eating.

"My names Don, what's yours?" "...Tangle." "Tangle, that's an interesting one, I'll have to remember that." I feel myself smile as he speaks. His happy go lucky demeanor and deep voice make me feel at ease. "So, what are you typing?" He looks down at his phone. "Ah, just a story, I don't think I'm any good at it though." "What kind of story?" He smirks a bit. "Eh, it falls under the category of fanfiction, but I'd like to believe I try a little harder than some, at least."

I chuckle a bit, then he speaks again. "I want to write a horror story at some point, but people really seem to like romance." "Well, you don't have to adhere to what an audience wants, I can guarantee that if you did a horror story, someone out there will like it." He thinks a bit, then smiles really wide. "Thanks... what are you about to do?" "Well, I think I'm going to go to the infirmary and get my head checked out, I've been seeing some wierd stuff lately." He smiles once again. "I know." "You... know?" Yea, I know, you have a nice day now, and don't let those badniks get the jump on you."

I'm extremely confused by what he's saying. "What are you talking about dude..?" He smiles and walks away, waving.

"You'll see soon enough, my friend!"

I shrug my shoulders, not thinking too hard on what he said, and continue eating. After I'm finished, I throw my tray away and wash my hands. I'm about to go to the infirmary, when I suddenly hear my name being called over the loudspeaker.

"Tangle the Lemur and Sonic the Hedgehog to the control room, please."

Tangled In Chaos. (Tangle The Lemur x Male Reader.)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें