Chapter 49: Mountain Dew Pimp.

Y/N pov:

As I wake up, I see we're in a forest.  I look down at Tangle and see she's asleep too. I kiss her forehead and lean back against the seat. Looking out of the window I see only more and more trees. I lean forward and look at Amy. "We almost there?" She sighs and lays back. "She's been saying we're almost there for an hour." "Hey now, have some patience, we'll be there soon." I sigh as well and lay back. I almost fall asleep again, but I'm suddenly jolted up by Rouge slamming on the breaks, causing me to hit the back of her seat. "Ah! What the hell?"

I look around the seat, and see that we almost hit a black hedgehog. "What in the..?" I hear Rouge speak. "Shadow, what are you doing here!?" "Same thing as you." She gets out of the car and walks to him.

"What... But you said you weren't going to be helping!" He narrows his eyes. "No, you asked me to come with you on a road trip, you refused to tell me why, so I refused to come with you. I have more important things to do anyway." He starts walking away. "Like what, being a dick?" He turns his head to face her. "Fixing Omega, and taking down a known criminal." He turns and dashes away on air shoes similar to mine. "Well, that was interesting." I hear Tangle say.

Rouge gets back into the car, sighing. "He's such a butt." "I feel like the both of you have some issues you need to work out." I chime in. "Yea yea, let's just go." We drive the rest of the way to the resort, and head inside. As I look around, I see just how big the place is. "Good lord, this place is huge!" Tangle walks beside me, letting out an impressed whistle. "Fancy place!" As we look around, I hear Rouge speak. "Oh, we have to go get Cheese entered into the race." We nod, and we all head to a huge desk.

I swear, this place looks like Hogwarts! I look at the Chao in Creams arms, and see he looks really uncomfortable. I open my mouth to say something, but I decide against it. The Chao looks at me and gives a weak smile, so I smile back. We get to the line in front of the desk, and wait not so patiently, then we finally get to the receptionist. She takes down some information, and Rouge walks back, whispering to me. "Keep a lookout for a green opossum." "Ok."

I look around, and within minutes I spot him. It's hard not to see him, he's wearing a pinstripe suit, and his fur is a bright green. I walk to Rouge, who is now trying to sweet talk the receptionist into letting cheese enter the race. She eventually succeeds, and I tap her shoulder and point to the Opossum.

"That him?" She looks at him and nods. "Yep, that's him alright, Clutch, the slimy bastard." "Seems you know him?" "No, but back when I worked for G.U.N he was an informant for a mission I went on, the agency payed him for some lousy Intel, and I got ambushed... couldn't fly for a month." I look at her. "You sure it's a good idea for you to be the one sweet talking him then?" She sighs. "That was over fifteen years ago, we both look a lot different now, he probably won't even remember me if I'm lucky." I can tell she's sad about reliving it, so I crack a joke to lighten the mood.

"Heh, he looks like a Mountain Dew flavored pimp."

She stifles a laugh, then looks at me. "Thanks..." "Anytime!" We continue talking for a while. After a little while, Cream, Amy, and Tangle walk back to us. "We entered Cheese into the race, but I don't think he wants to..." Cream says sadly. W-Well... we have to do this to help Omega, we need him back at full operating capacity!" I'm starting to get the feeling that there's more to this than just wanting more firepower. Cream looks at the Chao in her arms. "Cheese, will you please do this, to help Mr. Omega?" The Chao hesitates, but agrees to do it, still looking uncomfortable.

A bit later, the race is about to start, the others have gone up to the second floor balcony, while me and Tangle get some drinks and stay on the first floor where the track is. Tangle looks more excited than I expected. "I've never been to a Chao race before!" "Me either, I'm hoping Cheese wins, I don't really want to make this harder than it already is." Tangle looks at me. "Hey! He's capable, he's got this." I nod. "Yea... I hope." We then hear the countdown to the race starting.

"Three!"

"Oh, is it starting already?" Tangle says, surprised.

"Two!"

"This should be entertaining." I say in response.

"One!"

I take a sip of my soda, only to see that I'm already out. "Oh damn it..."

"Go!"