Bonus Chapter: The Accident

N I C K

"KAYLA, I SWEAR to God if you don't get down here immediately I'll come and drag you," mum shouted from downstairs which made Kayla roll her eyes.

"Why is mum always a pain?" She huffed as she pushed off my bed and stood up. "It's not like I said I was going to help her."

I loved Kayla, after all she was my little sister and I swore to protect her from anything and everyone. Not after what happened a few years ago. Just the thought of it made my blood boil and body chill. I hated that man with a burning passion I couldn't stop.

Rolling around in my chair to face her, I scowled. "Just go before she really does budge in here and drags you by the ear," I replied flatly.

Kayla narrowed her eyes at me, "why are you always on her side? Aren't you supposed to be on my side?  You said you would be on my side and look after me, that's what big brothers are supposed to do anyway." She huffed and threw her hands up in the air, waving them for a dramatic effect. "For once I need you to stop acting like my father and start acting like my brother."

That was a slap in the face. I hated that man, I didn't want to end up like him and the fact that she compared me to him made me pissed as hell.

"Watch it Kayla, you can't just say whatever comes to your head without thinking about the concerns and the effects it will have on others."

A wave of sadness flashed in her eyes and she took a step towards me just as mum opened the door and budged in, looking pissed.

"Kayla," mum said quietly, her eyes narrowing into thin slits.

Kayla started backing up, moving closer to my desk. "Mum, it's not what it looks like. I promise I was going to come," but her words landed on deaf ears because mum was not hearing her.

Mum marched over and pinched her ear as she dragged her downstairs with a trail of screaming, leaving me amused. I shook my head and turned back to my laptop. I had some homework I needed to finish before I could go and hang out with the guys otherwise mum would never let me leave the house.

I spent the rest of the morning in my room catching up on the homework I had missed when I was sick. I hated being sick and staying home, every time I got sick, I'd pretend I was fine just so mum wouldn't worry about me but sometimes, it got harder to lie when she could see right through me. Those were the times I hated. Having finished my homework, I went to Kayla's room and stood in the doorway, smiling when I saw who was with her.

"Hey babe," Hayley said when she noticed me. Her hair was left hanging around her shoulders and she wore her signature all black.

God I loved this girl. I didn't walk over but remained rooted by the door. "Hey gorgeous," I replied smiling.

Kayla rolled her eyes, "get a room you too. You're making me sick already," she pretended to gag but I could see the smile on her face.

Hayley rolled her eyes as she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, making him wrap around her waist automatically. "Grow up Kays," she said before pulling me down for a kiss.

I loved this girl, I could give her everything she asked for if she just so much as asked. That was how hard I'd fallen for her and I didn't think I could live without her at this point. She had my heart and soul which was strange because I never thought I'd fall for anyone, much less someone who was the complete opposite of me.

Pulling away, I placed my forehead on hers. "I'm going to Kai's place, do you two want to tag along?"

Hayley pulled away and looked back at Kayla before she turned back to face me. "We're going to this new club that just opened up down street and I was hoping you'd come with," she said batting her eyelashes in that sexy way that always made my heart feel warm.