•Chapter 28•

I WOKE UP with a massive headache and I felt completely and utterly weak to the core. Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked over at James' sleeping figure as he cradled me in his arms with low snores emitting from him.

"James," I said poking him because he is a heavy sleeper.

James stirred and opened his eyes and looked at me with confusion before it finally clicked and he remembered exactly what had happened. "Are you okay?" he asked with a concerned expression.

"I'm okay, I just have a headache and my body feels like I've been to hell and back," I joked trying to lighten the mood.

A small smile appeared on his face before it completely got wiped off and was replaced with a concerned one. "You had me scared when you nearly fainted," he breathed pulling me closer to him. "I'm going to tell mum and dad that you are up and have Dr. Dave come over," he said as he reluctantly let go of me and walked out of my room.

I sighed because I knew I didn't have much time left and I had to tell Nick before it was too late or worse-he found out from someone else.

Minutes later, both mum and dad strode into my room with worried expressions and it broke my heart immensely. I sat up and mum engulfed me in a tight hug.

"I was so worried that...." she choked as a sob escaped her, "I don't want to lose you so soon."

I pulled back from the hug only to be pulled into another one by my dad, "pumpkin you had me worried when your mum called and told me you'd nearly passed out," he breathed.

"Dr. Dave is here," James said just as Dr. Dave walked in behind him.

"We will leave you two," my dad said and helped my mum up before they all left the room leaving the two us.

"This shouldn't take long," Dr. Dave said walking over to the bed and taking a seat at the end of it. "Have you been taking your medication as I had prescribed?"

I nodded because for once I did as he had instructed.

"That's good to hear," he said smiling. "It was a minor thing and you shouldn't worry about it as long as you take the medication the way I have prescribed which your mum will give you and please don't stress yourself too much because we do not know what might happen."

He stood up and smiled, "take it easy and try to stay off of your feet as much as possible."

With that being said he left. I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling becoming lost in my own thoughts.

"Hey!" James sat down next to me and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Hey!"

"So since you're staying home today, I thought we could hang out and do something fun like old times. Just you and me," he beamed and I immediately remembered I had a History test.

"Oh come on," I breathed as I checked my phone. It was almost noon meaning I had missed the morning classes but lucky me, History was in the afternoon. "I need to get to school," I said and rushed to grab some sweats before heading into my bathroom to brush my teeth and hair.

"You need to drop me off at school," I said as I re-entered the room.

James gave me the 'hell no' look as if I was mad or something worse. "No! You're not going to school today. Dr. Dave said you should rest."

I grabbed my rucksack and phone from my my nightside table to find countless voicemails and texts from Asher and Nick but didn't bother to listen or reply to any of them.

"I've got a History test to get to and you know how Mrs. Briggs is about missing one of her tests," I said. "So will you please drive me and I swear I'll be out just as soon as the class is over and you can pick me up then and we will do whatever it is you want," I bargained.