•Chapter 25•

"WAIT! SO JUST like that he asked you to be his girlfriend and you said yes?"

"Yeah that's pretty much what happened during lunch."

For the past hour Asher had been asking questions about Nick none stop and I was growing agitated with the same questions over and over again.

"Oh woah!" he said popping an M&M into his mouth. "I knew this day would come, okay scratch that, I always thought you'd be my cute innocent Alexis until we got to College but I guess things change."

I glared at him from his bed where we were both sprawled with his laptop and a tonne of snacks. "Things change and why the hell would you thing that of all things?" I asked as I grabbed some popcorn from the bowl.

"Oh come on you know what I'm saying is the truth," he said as he turned on his side to face me. "You of all people had a plan mapped out and it didn't include any boyfriend whatsoever."

I rolled my eyes, "I know but I've got to start living considering I don't have that much time left since I stopped the major treatments," I said with a sigh.

Asher lied back on the bed facing the ceiling as we were engulfed by a silence that held too much emotion for the both of us.

"Are you ever going to tell him about you know......?" he asked in a whisper.

"No!"

"Why not? He deserves to know the truth at least."

"It's not worth it," I replied, "why ruin a new good something when we can both just bask in it and enjoy ourselves?"

Ash abruptly stood up and stared me down, "no, no, no! You have to tell him," he said. "Do you know how crushed he'll be to find out you've being keeping such a huge secret from him because I sure as hell know I would be pissed off and heartbroken all together."

I sat up on the bed and stared at him as I removed my glasses and rubbed my temples, "You have got no idea how it feels to find out you have SCD and the only way to cure it is through a transplant which we both damn well know isn't going to happen. I've got no donor and my only options are blood transfusions, chemo and droxia to relieve the pain," I said all in one breathe, "You want to know why I stopped the chemo and transfusions?" I asked but didn't let him answer, "because the chemo was slowly killing me and it was just by luck that my hair didn't fall off while I was on it."

"So please promise me you'll not tell him."

"Fine! I promise. But I didn't know that's how you felt," he sighed and sat next to me. "But I seriously need to have the best friend talk with him and then we could all hang out."

"By we, you mean with Steph?" I asked, "she practically hates me."

"No she doesn't hate you," Ash defended.

"I'm a 100 percent sure she hates me especially after what happened on Sunday," I said. "I swear if looks could kill then I'd be dead by now."

Asher started laughing, "okay I agree that she looked like she could murder someone preferably you but she's really nice once you get to know her. Though she may be a bit clingy."

"Fine, for you I'll try to think she doesn't want to have my head on a stake and consider the whole double date."

-----☆-----