•Chapter 18•

I COULDN'T SEEM to shake off what Brianna and Jenna said to me. Did I really like Nick and I didn't even know it myself? Or were they just trying to gauge a reaction from me? These were the questions that kept running through my head as I aimlessly walked in the school hallways the next day.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't notice Asher approaching until he slung his hand over my shoulder and pulled me into his side.

"You scared me," I shrieked.

"Where was your mind at?" Ash asked as he led me to my first class, Civic Ed.

"I was just thinking," I replied. "Can I ask you something?" I asked.

Asher stopped walking and so did I. He turned me so I was fully facing him. "Sure what's it? Does it have to do with what's bothering you?" he asked looking concerned.

"Well technically yes," I replied. "It's just that yesterday when I left you with Kai in the library to look for Jake and Nick, these two girls stopped me and asked whether I knew if Nick had a girlfriend and I told them it was none of my business so they should probably ask him themselves but they insisted and they even said I didn't want to tell them because I liked him," I said all in one breathe.

"Who were they?" Asher asked.

"It's not important but do you think I look at him in a weird way or anything like that?" I asked.

Asher placed both his hands on my shoulders, "Alexis who were they?" he asked through clenched teeth.

"Brianna and Jenna," I said suddenly feeling very small. "Please don't do anything to them."

"A blonde and brunette?" he asked once more.

"Yes!"

He dropped his hands to his sides and blew through his nose. "I'm going to have a good talk with those two and tell them to stay away from you," he said more to himself.

"You know them?"

"Of course I know them. Who doesn't know those two, they like stirring up trouble and I don't know why Steph is friends with them."

"They're her friends? How come I've never seen them together?" I asked surprised at the sudden revelation.

"How often do you see her?" he shot with his own question.

"Not much really," I admitted.

"Exactly!"

The bell rang and I knew if I didn't move I'd be late and I couldn't have that. "We'll finish this conversation later and until then don't do anything stupid got it?" I said.

"No promises!"

I glared at him and walked into my first class.

Jake, Kai and Nick were all there when I entered the classroom. Jake waved me over to the back of the classroom where they usually sat. I walked up to them and took a seat in front of Kai and opposite Jake.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hey!" Jake and Kai replied with smiles. Nick just nodded and that was about it.

Ms. Thompson stood up from her desk and began talking. "All right class, your assignment is due this coming Friday which is two days from now and until then, all classes will consist of you and your group members working on it and making sure everything is double checked," she said. "You may find your groups and beginning working."

"I can't believe it's almost been a month since I met you guys," I said. "It seems like I've known you for the most part of my life."

"I know, it's so weird but I really did enjoy spending time with you," Jake said. "We should still hang out even after it."