•Chapter 17•

I DON'T KNOW when it all started, but I found myself noticing the little things about Nick. From how his forest-green eyes turned a darker shade of green when he was happy or how amazing his hair looked whenever he ran his hand through it.

"Hey Alexis what's the answer to question seven?" Asher asked biting the tip of his pen.

"Which one?" I replied back absentmindedly tapping my pen on my English textbook.

Asher moved closer and shoved his Physics textbook right in front of my face. "This one," he said pointing to the question marked seven, "I don't know why the school makes us take this subject, it's just pointless considering I don't care about some random dude who got hit in the head with an apple and then decided it'd be fun to torture people with his stupid theories."

I chuckled and shook my head at his stupidity, "You do know Physics is essential to everyday life right?" I asked aching my eyebrow at him.

"Doesn't mean I need it in my life," he replied with a shrug, "I don't want to know about the effects of gravity or momentum on a body either at rest or in motion and I sure as hell don't care about the effects of force on either a fixed or moving body."

"You do know you just made good Physics references right there?"

Asher seemed surprised for a moment, "I did didn't I? he said as he's eyes shone with happiness. "Who would have thought I knew Physics."

"No one that's for sure," I said, "but that's just one more subject to tick off the list that you still need to pass if you're to keep playing football."

Asher groaned from besides me, "tell me about it. I honestly suck at Chemistry and that's the one subject my dad really wants me to pass," he said as he rubbed his face in utter frustration, "can't he just understand that I do not want to be a Chemist?"

I knew Asher's dad had always wanted him to follow in his footsteps and become a well renowned Chemist like him since we were kids but I hoped that one day he would finally listen to what his son had to say and what he wanted to do with his life.

"Have you tried talking to him and telling him you don't want to be a Chemist?" I asked as I played with the tip of my pen.

"Alas I have, but he never wants to listen to a word I say. It's like he has already set his mind to the fact that I'm going to be a Chemist and nothing can change that," he replied looking hopeless. "Mum is the only one who understands me and not even she can make him change his mind."

I placed my pen down and closed my textbook as I turned to fully face him, "Maybe I could get my dad to try and talk to him and see how things go. Try and make him see that you're a good football player and he should give you a shot," I said even though I knew full well that Mr. Daniels was not a man who easily changed his mind.

"That could work but I don't think Mr. Vance can handle him," he replied, "I mean sure they're friends and all but that doesn't mean anything to my father."

I really felt bad for Asher because for as long as I've known him he has always wanted to play football professionally and the fact that that could not happen made my heart ache for him.

We sat in silence after that with him seeming too engrossed in his thoughts and me trying to think of a way I could help out.